Missing person: Heidi Anderson Portland, Oregon **Updated - A sad ending**

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
One of my childhood friends, Heidi Anderson, has been missing for 11 days. For those who are inclined, please pray for her and her family. and for safe return.

http://i177.***BLOCKED***/albums/w236/starkist_2007/610_1202701347.jpg http://i177.***BLOCKED***/albums/w236/starkist_2007/small_ANDERSON_Heidi.jpg

http://i177.***BLOCKED***/albums/w236/starkist_2007/080215_heidi_anderson3_210.jpg http://i177.***BLOCKED***/albums/w236/starkist_2007/080215_heidi_anderson2.jpg

http://i177.***BLOCKED***/albums/w236/starkist_2007/080215_tattoo_470.jpg

PORTLAND, Ore. - A 37-year-old woman has been missing for a week now and worried family members are hoping someone out there can help find her.

Heidi Anderson was last seen Feb. 8 around 4:45 p.m. near Northeast 90th Avenue and Northeast Sandy Boulevard. She reportedly jumped out of a vehicle and boarded a TriMet bus heading toward downtown Portland.

Authorities say Anderson may be suffering from a medical condition and could show signs of paranoia. Some of her personal items were found in Laurelhurst Park, but police do not suspect foul play. She has no known history of illegal drug or alcohol abuse.

"We have no leads and if one person could see her, we would know that she is somewhere here," said Barbara Anderson, the missing woman's mother.

Because of the woman's condition, investigators are asking people not to approach her. If you have information on her whereabouts, call 911 or Detective Mike Weinstein with the Portland Police Bureau at (503) 823-0446.

Description

White female
5 feet, 4 inches tall
Weighs approximately 120 pounds
Has brown hair and brown eyes
Last seen wearing a grey parka over a black hoodie jacket, blue jeans, hiking boots and a black hat with snowflakes on it
Has a tattoo of a band of birds around her right bicep.

Signals

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1960148 said:
Will certainly lift her up in Prayer.

Keep us posted.
Thanks Cajun.

I am going to keep this alive until good news transpires.

Authorities found some of Heidi Anderson's personal belongings, which included her coat, purse (wallet and credit cards) in a park not far from her last sighting.

Investigators do not believe foul play is involved because of the way Heidi Anderson's things were left. They believed they were strategically place by Heidi or someone involved, thinking they would not be found, according to a report I read.

Heidi Anderson 10/18/1970
Dallas, Texas
Portland, Oregon

Help find Heidi.

Heidi's Hope.

Signals

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1960469 said:
Praying for her safe return Starkist.
Thanks WoodysGirl, thanks.

I have been searching the web trying to find new information about Heidi Anderson.

Her sister Amber, and Heidi's parents, Richard and Barbara Anderson travelled to Portland from Dallas to assist authorities in locating her, but I cant find any new information.

I am hoping for the best.

aaavery

Reaction score
Hey David

Heidi is my sister.........your post regarding Heidi is number one on google right now when I search for stories regarding Heidi. Thank you for sharing her story with everyone, and hopefully bringing the right pieces of evidence to light to find her.

She has still not been found! I pray anyone who is reading this post will bring any thoughts, leads, or clues to the police's attention.

David, just curious who you are.........would you mind private emailing me?
We must know each other.

Amber

Signals

Reaction score
aaavery;1967015 said:
Hey David

Heidi is my sister.........your post regarding Heidi is number one on google right now when I search for stories regarding Heidi. Thank you for sharing her story with everyone, and hopefully bringing the right pieces of evidence to light to find her.

She has still not been found! I pray anyone who is reading this post will bring any thoughts, leads, or clues to the police's attention.

We must know each other.

Amber
Hi Amber

I sent you a PM, check your inbox Please.

David

creekfreak

Reaction score
aaavery;1967015 said:
Hey David

We must know each other.

Amber

Hi Amber

This is Chad from Portland. Heidi was a friend of mine. I bred her dog petey and she was one of two people i completely trusted to leave my dog in the care of.
Im so sorry for you and your families loss.
I had not seen Heidi in almost a year due to travels but will always remember and miss her great smile and her never ending willingness for debate.
I just cant believe this is happening.
Again my condolences.

Sincerely
Chad Belvill

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Link

Missing Woman's Body Found

PORTLAND - A discovery in Portland's Laurelhurst Park brought a tragic end to the 16-day search for a missing woman.

Officers had combed the park recently, looking for clues to the disappearance of 37-year-old Heidi Anderson.

She vanished February 8. Reportedly she had become upset, and jumped onto a Tri-Met bus. That was the last time anyone reported seeing Anderson alive. But three days later, several of her personal belongings were found in Laurelhurst Park. Police, family and friends combed the area, but found no further trace. However, the depths of the park's pond were another story; the Portland Parks Bureau had planned to drain it this week. Now that her body has been found, that drainage plan has been cancelled.

Late Sunday night, police confirmed that the body found in the pond was Anderson's, or even that the body is that of a female. An autopsy will be performed Monday, after which an identification is likely. Heidi Anderson's friends and family, who rushed to the park as the news spread Sunday, await the autopsy's outcome.

A couple found the body as they were walking through the park Sunday afternoon. Holly Thomas told KOIN News 6 that she walked around a corner and spotted it lying mostly submerged in the water. She was pretty sure it was that of a female human, wearing a brown shirt. So Thomas called police, and a dive team pulled it from the pond later Sunday afternoon.

At first, police would and could not confirm that the body was Anderson's, saying an autopsy would be performed Monday to determine the identification. However, late Sunday night, they did confirm that it was her. Although the discovery brings a tragic end to part of the mystery, other questions remain about how she got there, how she died, and who else might have been involved. Investigators hope the autopsy will yield some clues.​

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
So Sorry for your loss aaavery.

And for all of her friends who posted I am sorry for your loss as well.

RIP

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
aaavery;1967015 said:
Hey David

We must know each other.

Amber

creekfreak;1969370 said:
Hi Amber

This is Chad from Portland. Heidi was a friend of mine. I bred her dog petey and she was one of two people i completely trusted to leave my dog in the care of.
Im so sorry for you and your families loss.
I had not seen Heidi in almost a year due to travels but will always remember and miss her great smile and her never ending willingness for debate.
I just cant believe this is happening.
Again my condolences.

Sincerely
Chad Belvill
My condolences on your loss Amber. Same to David and Chad.

cbfan55

Reaction score
That is very sad news :( , my thoughts, prayers & condolences are with you all

2nd-chancesam

Reaction score
Heidi was my sister in law for a number of years and one of the people who have made a major impact on my life, her sister and i were married for about 10 years and and i watched her grow from a shy 12 year old to an adult who was independent and knew what she wanted and had the courage to go for it. her loss is one of the saddest moments of my life, there are no words to express how i really feel except to say this world needs alot more people like her and she will truely be missed. to all who have posted and followed this i thank you and wish you the very best, to her family, i love you guys.

Jody

aaavery

Reaction score
Wow - it is so amazing to see people that I have heard Heidi talk about so many times, post on this board.

Thank you for the prayers and support.

Chad, she has talked about you so many times. She loved that dog Petey more than words can ever describe. You gave her an amazing gift with him. I will make sure he is well taken care of.

Her memorial is at the Governors Hotel at 4 on Thursday in Portland Oregon. Chad please invite Josh, as well as Shannon, Tyler, Shauna, and Jared, and anyone else you feel would want to be there.

Amber

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Somebody upstairs wanted her more...

Sorry for the loss. Life is precious!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a sad ending.... I'm extremely sorry for everyone's loss. Continued prayers through this difficult time.

creekfreak

Reaction score
Hi Amber.

I will let Josh, Shannon Et Al know...although im sure they already do FWIW.
I unfortunately will not be there as i am in Taos, Nm.
My heart will be with you all.

Chad Belvill

P.O. Raiderfan

Reaction score
I work in the same building as Heidi. Did not know her personally but since we worked on the same floor we saw each other often. I feel bad that I never said hello or asked her to coffee... I will pray for her and her family and give flowers...