Mixing up a Mock

Tobal

Reaction score
I took Fan Speaks board and really moved some guys around (fast risers/ guys we've been valuing to low) especially in the later rounds.

I took ok trades not silly value as we seem to be in a new era concerning the trade chart.

OLB ANTHONY BARR
UCLA

Donald, Martin and Barr are almost never there in my mocks.. so I'm thinking about trading partners and wow Barr slipped through. I've been won over and while his lack of power bothers me I see everything else and he doesn't shy away from contact he's just not the most physical guy.

DT WILL SUTTON
ARIZONA STATE

When pick 47 came no one fell to us so I had quite a few guys I felt good about and decided to trade down and get an extra 4 and 5. Sutton is a good player with some explosiveness. Sutton, Melton, and Barr will not walk off the field having allowed 40 first downs. Trai Turner went at 54 do to my shoving him to the bottom of the 2nd round. He's really the perfect guard for us.

OT BILLY TURNER
NORTH DAKOTA STATE

I picked Turner over Dozier, Tripp, and Mewhurt. Kirskey and the possbile safeties were gone, but Turner likely would have been the pick anyway.

CB PIERRE DESIR
LINDENWOOD

Big corner and we need CB depth. I think he will challenge Webb and has the ability to start in this league,

DE WILL CLARKE
WVU

Rotation Strong side DE

S JAMEA THOMAS
GEORGIA TECH

Smart safety with range and instincts, he's smaller, but physical which is why his durability is questioned

C RUSSELL BODINE
NORTH CAROLINA

Interior position flex can keep Romo upright if he's forced to play.

OLB DENICOS ALLEN
MICHIGAN STATE

RB JERICK MCKINNON
GEORGIA SOUTHERN

FB TREY MILLARD
OKLAHOMA

DE IK ENEMKPALI
LOUISIANA TECH

S JONATHAN DOWLING
WESTERN KENTUCKY

WR ERIC WARD
TEXAS TECH

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Decent draft, but I would just wait to see if Sutton is available in the 3rd, if not just take Reid or even Ellis in the 4th. Then come back to DT in the later rounds and take Ken Bishop or Zach Kerr.

Billy Turner in the 3rd is terrific.

Tobal

Reaction score
Decent draft, but I would just wait to see if Sutton is available in the 3rd, if not just take Reid or even Ellis in the 4th. Then come back to DT in the later rounds and take Ken Bishop or Zach Kerr.

Billy Turner in the 3rd is terrific.

I love Ellis, but I'm not sure the Cowboys do.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love Ellis, but I'm not sure the Cowboys do.

Yes, it would be out of character for Marinelli to have a 333+ guy; however, Ellis is really quick. IMO, he would be an excellent 1-tech in Marinelli's scheme.

I also like Ken Bishop and Zack Kerr in the later rounds.

Tobal

Reaction score
Ellis has a nasty streak too, he's a pet cat I've been leaving off because Marinelli's seeming preferences.