Sticky: ****MKJI 2014 Discussion Thread****

Hardline

Reaction score
Why would I want the 19th pick when I have the 16th pick?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hello Fellas,

The Rams 2nd over all pick (1st Rd) in the 2014 MKI Draft is up for trade. The Rams 13th overall pick (1st Rd) in this same draft, is also available for trade considerations. Anybody who is interested, please either post in this thread or send a PM to both myself (ABQ) and ABQJr. All offers will be considered.

Thank you,

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
GMs, all discussion, prior to the actual draft ( trade or otherwise) specific to the 2014 Mel Kiper Jr. Invitational should be conducted in this thread.

Please use this thread rather then opening multiple new ones.

Thank you,

ABQ

tm1119

Reaction score
Good luck actually getting someone to trade up. Pretty sure everyone has the exact same idea of trading back and getting as many picks as possible.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Good luck actually getting someone to trade up. Pretty sure everyone has the exact same idea of trading back and getting as many picks as possible.

If we have to stay where we are, it will be fine. We will take the best Defensive Player available. Rams have plenty of needs so it's fine either way.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I may be interested.
good to know there may be trade partners out there.
But I would never make a trade (unless for #1 overall) before draft day.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I may be interested.
good to know there may be trade partners out there.
But I would never make a trade (unless for #1 overall) before draft day.

You can always work out the particulars of a trade and then decide if you want to do it when either of you is on the clock.

That's the way I've always done it. Just so I don't hold people up scrambling to get a trade done.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You can always work out the particulars of a trade and then decide if you want to do it when either of you is on the clock.

That's the way I've always done it. Just so I don't hold people up scrambling to get a trade done.

Agree

CowboysLaw87

Reaction score
I've got the 27th pick (Saints ) and am looking to move down into the 33-40 range. Anyone with a high 2nd rounder who wants to jump up for a QB for instance, please let me know.

This allows you to go BPA with your high 1st rounder and still nab a great developmental QB prospect. Also, taking a QB in the 1st round is preferable over the 2nd. Why? The $ is extremely similar now and you get them under contract for one extra year (5 year deal instead of 4). E.g., had SF taken Kaepernick in the 1st instead of 2nd he'd have 2 years left on his deal and they wouldn't have to give him the HUGE contract they're about to this offseason... preserving their competitive salary cap advantage for an extra season.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So everybody wants to move down........... should make the price to move up nice and cheap.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It looks like i was assigned the Titans.

So, consider the Titans and potential trade partner in any of the rounds.

tm1119

Reaction score
I've got the 27th pick (Saints ) and am looking to move down into the 33-40 range. Anyone with a high 2nd rounder who wants to jump up for a QB for instance, please let me know.

This allows you to go BPA with your high 1st rounder and still nab a great developmental QB prospect. Also, taking a QB in the 1st round is preferable over the 2nd. Why? The $ is extremely similar now and you get them under contract for one extra year (5 year deal instead of 4). E.g., had SF taken Kaepernick in the 1st instead of 2nd he'd have 2 years left on his deal and they wouldn't have to give him the HUGE contract they're about to this offseason... preserving their competitive salary cap advantage for an extra season.

Little early right now so won't fully agree to anything at the moment but I might give you #37 and swap 3rd round picks with you (68 for 91). I'll throw in a 6th that you can't use too if it makes you feel better lol

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It looks like i was assigned the Titans.

So, consider the Titans and potential trade partner in any of the rounds.

I had to get the field set so trading could open. There are still other teams available if you want to switch.