MLB Hall of Shame

joseephuss

Reaction score
Nors, have you lost it yet?

Once again Jim Rice was snubbed. So was Goose Gossage. I guess these voters just did not watch the games. I don't watch much baseball now. Haven't really watched it since the 94 strike season. I did watch when Rice and Goose played. They were great.

If you look at their stats now, then they don't look at Hall of Famers. Heck, that isn't even true. Rice has great numbers. Goose being a reliever in the era that he played doesn't have great numbers. Of course, how do you put a number on what he did on the mound when he came into games? The guy did his job and did it at a very high level. His job was nothing like the closers of the present generation. Like I have heard him say in recent interviews, it takes 2 or 3 guys per team to do what he did. Now a days, teams have a closer, a set up man and a set up man for the set up man. These guys can be very good at their jobs, but they aren't asked to do what Goose did. I just don't get it.

Every year I get a bit more disinterested in any Hall of Fame. Or even All Pro teams. The same guys voting for All Pro teams now will be the ones voting for Hall of Famers. I don't trust any of them.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I'm very depressed about this. Rice was a dominant player from 75-86. Local media rana stat that showed during those 12 seasons Rice led the league in 10 of the top offensive statistics.

Longevity kept him from 400 homers and 3,000 hits but above average guys that play 20+ years get the magic numbers.

I am in Coopersown on a side note involved with little league Son's tournament and its a kick in the balls not to see Rice going in this year. I gre up in New England during the Rice era and he was a feared hitter in the day.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Gossage is apparently ripping mad...

He was scheduled to be on Dan Patrick today to rake the voters over the coals...