MNF- Atlanta/Tampa

IheartRomo

Reaction score
if we beat the Seahawks Sunday, we can not be eliminated going to the final week. Is that right?

That's correct. Either Atlanta or NO is guaranteed to lose*, meaning our season cannot end next week as long as we win.

*with the way this season is going, however, a tie that eliminates us would not shock me at all. This is truly the most torturous season ever.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Just look at these weeks as pllayoffs and enjoy the drama. That's what I've done. Our team isn't good enough for the real playoffs.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score

Well, this is far from over. Just win Sunday, and then again in Philly. Strange, strange things happen in football.

I just watched a 4 win bucs team completely decimated with injuries, come within a missed fg of tying everything to play for Atlanta.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
ATL will lose next two. NO and CAR are both more consistent getting to the QB. Winston balled out. That defense didn't help.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Just look at these weeks as pllayoffs and enjoy the drama. That's what I've done. Our team isn't good enough for the real playoffs.
Well if the team wins out they've been in playoff mode for a month. At least that's encouraging.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
ATL will lose next two. NO and CAR are both more consistent getting to the QB. Winston balled out. That defense didn't help.

im not so sure after tonights game. Playing lousy like atlanta did tonight will really motivate them this week.

at the same time if tampa gets a couple of players back they will have a shot vs new orleans the final week if they play with this same effort.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
atlanta has three wins that have almost nothing to do with them and solely on the other team making a mistake at the end.

chicago, detroit and now tonight. What a bummer.

What about the interception by Brees at the end of last week's game also?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
People blaming the old ref. How about Winston working the middle of the field with no TOs? Try a sideline. The clock was running continuously. The guy falling was negligible because I’m not sure they even try another play with say 10 sec because hadn’t worked sideline yet

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
What about the interception by Brees at the end of last week's game also?

that is atlanta earning the win and making a play.

they literally got beat on the bears play and the detroit play. Got bailed out, jones interception won them the game last week.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
People blaming the old ref. How about Winston working the middle of the field with no TOs? Try a sideline. The clock was running continuously. The guy falling was negligible because I’m not sure they even try another play with say 10 sec because hadn’t worked sideline yet

but they were playing outside the numbers and he was under pressure. he can't just stand there holding the ball and he can't force it into the sideline.

I was hoping he was going to take a shot to evans and maybe get a flag.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
im not so sure after tonights game. Playing lousy like atlanta did tonight will really motivate them this week.

at the same time if tampa gets a couple of players back they will have a shot vs new orleans the final week if they play with this same effort.

Yeah, CAR and NO will have their hands full. Despite short on personnel, TB didn't look like a team that was going to lay down.

mardwin

Reaction score
Next week we need to hope for the following (besides us winning out)

Cincy beating Det
Saints beating Falcons
Bucs beating Car

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
but they were playing outside the numbers and he was under pressure. he can't just stand there holding the ball and he can't force it into the sideline.

I was hoping he was going to take a shot to evans and maybe get a flag.

I get that but It felt they didn’t even try. I think it was to 25 seconds after 2-3 plays. I agree that I think a shot to Evans for big catch or PI wounds have been a good call

zeroburrito

Reaction score
I believe Dallas is eliminated if the Falcons beat the Saints next week.
nope. no or car can still lose both games. everyone is hoping the falcons lose twice because they are the worst team of the 3 so it has the highest chance of happening.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I like to see 10 and 6, even without playoffs.
I would rather go 9-7 if we aren’t gonna make it. But I would love to knock Seattle out next week. 9-7 /10-6 and eliminated either way can be a difference of 3-5 draft slot positions.