MNF Game Thread - Giants @ Saints

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Beat the Giants tonight Baby! Give us the chance to finish them off at home.

Out of all the Division teams that have been a barrier to playoff success to the Cowboys in recent history it's those pesky Giants.

Psychologically I think it would be great for Dallas to bury their playoff chances in Big D. A Giant loss tonight would go a long way towards that end.

Go Saints! :D

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;4275129 said:
Beat the Giants tonight Baby! Give us the chance to finish them off at home.

Out of all the Division teams that have been a barrier to playoff success to the Cowboys in recent history it's those pesky Giants.

Psychologically I think it would be great for Dallas to bury their playoff chances in Big D. A Giant loss tonight would go a long way towards that end.

Go Saints! :D

Eli and his team are screwed...they have no running game except for that second rate gorilla in Brandon Jacobs, and he's only good for short yardage.

:dissgint:

venky

Reaction score
Part of me wants to root for the Giants. I want the Saints and the 49ers to go on a losing streak, so that we can get that 2nd Divisional spot and get a bye. The only problem is that the 49ers have a cupcake schedule, and it isn't likely they'll lose more than 1 game (the game against Pitt.) So I guess I'm rooting for the Saints.

Reaction score
5Stars;4275139 said:
Eli and his team are screwed...they have no running game except for that second rate gorilla in Brandon Jacobs, and he's only good for short yardage.

:dissgint:

Jacobs is probably the worst starting back in the league.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
venky;4275140 said:
Part of me wants to root for the Giants. I want the Saints and the 49ers to go on a losing streak, so that we can get that 2nd Divisional spot and get a bye. The only problem is that the 49ers have a cupcake schedule, and it isn't likely they'll lose more than 1 game (the game against Pitt.) So I guess I'm rooting for the Saints.

Root for the Saints, because winning the division is our first priority.

If the Giants somehow win, though, consider it a silver lining that the Saints lost, because it gives us a better chance of getting the third seed if we just take care of our own business. The Saints still play the Lions, Titans and Falcons and could easily finish with four or five losses. If we win the division and have the same record as the Saints, we'd win the tiebreaker.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
venky;4275140 said:

Yeah that probably won't happen. The Pack and 9ers pretty much have that bye on lockdown, all we can hope is first we make the playoffs.

Second, maybe getting that playoff game at home.

And third, the bracket works out where we play the 9ers in the next round instead of the Pack, cause we have shown we can beat the 9ers.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I'd love for us to win the rest of our games. Probably not going to happen, but it could at the same time.

Go Saints!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;4275154 said:
And third, the bracket works out where we play the 9ers in the next round instead of the Pack, cause we have shown we can beat the 9ers.

I'd also rather play in San Francisco in January than in Green Bay.

Plus, there's a chance that the Saints could knock off the Packers this time, given how Brees shredded the Packers' secondary in the opener, which means that we could end up hosting the Saints in the NFC Championship Game.

venky

Reaction score
Yeah, you guys are right, I guess it's best to just focus on winning the division first, since that's in our control.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Fletch;4275165 said:
I'd love for us to win the rest of our games. Probably not going to happen, but it could at the same time.

Go Saints!

That's why we watch those Cowboys, and the other teams in the NFL.

:D

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
venky;4275169 said:
Yeah, you guys are right, I guess it's best to just focus on winning the division first, since that's in our control.

It's not in our control, it's a goal. First things first.
;)

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
AdamJT13;4275168 said:
I'd also rather play in San Francisco in January than in Green Bay.

Plus, there's a chance that the Saints could knock off the Packers this time, given how Brees shredded the Packers' secondary in the opener, which means that we could end up hosting the Saints in the NFC Championship Game.

Yeah all of this is looking ahead, but we agree of course. No guarantees on this season as of yet, we need the giants to lose as of right now, cause they are our biggest threat of not making the playoffs at all.

Reaction score
Man I hate rooting for the Aints. Can't stand their fans. Before the Aints were any good there fans didn't give a damn about the team. My cousin Joey told me a story how when he lived there before Hurricane Katrina no one would ever wear Aints jerseys. All he would ever see were Cowboy fans then Katrina happened and all of sudden you had people acting like they were hardcore fans. I still firmly believe they wouldn't have won the Super Bowl a couple of seasons ago had they ran into us. We were just a terrible matchup for them and still are. We beat them in their house in 2009 ending their dream of an undefeated season. Romo had no problem shedding their secondary in 2009, DeMarcus Ware was playing with a sprained neck and still destroyed them imagine if he were healthy? Hell freaking Jon Kitna shredded that turrible secondary last season. No doubt in my mind we'd beat them if we faced them.

venky

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't like rooting for the Saints either, ever since they denied Peyton his 2nd SB ring. That really pissed me off.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
I'm hoping for an absolute stomping of the Giants. It will put a nice bow on the past two weeks.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I think the Giants are riled up. Mad...

The Saints better watch out. :cool:

The Giants are going to go play for the division too. Let's see how they do down in the Marty Graw....

;)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
realtick;4275190 said:
I'm hoping for an absolute stomping of the Giants. It will put a nice bow on the past two weeks.

:laugh2:

You mad, bro?

:D