CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Using TDN Mock Draft Machine

1. Grant Delpit - S LSU
2. Justin Madubuike - DT TAMU
3. Collin Johnson - WR TX
4. Deommodore Lenoir - CB Oregon
5. Najee Harris - RB - Alabama
7. Joey Magnifico, TE - Memphis

Drafting Harris would be overkill at RB position, but just love the player :)

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I could get on board with this.

I don't love Delpit, but big fan of Madubuike. Johnson I like, but I'm not sure he fits this offense super well unless they are going to play Cooper in the slot a lot more (which I like). Lenoir's interesting. He's competitive and pretty instinctual, but I just don't know if he's a good enough athlete to be a player in the NFL. Not a bad pick there, regardless I don't think.

I personally would go in a different direction, but hard to argue with these picks. Would be a good draft.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't like Collin Johnson. The NFL is moving away from the big strider WR's like him.

He's just too slow. We need guys to get open quickly. Especially with Dak.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Using TDN Mock Draft Machine

1. Grant Delpit - S LSU
2. Justin Madubuike - DT TAMU
3. Collin Johnson - WR TX
4. Deommodore Lenoir - CB Oregon
5. Najee Harris - RB - Alabama
7. Joey Magnifico, TE - Memphis

Drafting Harris would be overkill at RB position, but just love the player :)

We could use a 3rd RB, depending on what they think of Weber. But he has not been signed to. a reserves / futures contract yet.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't like Collin Johnson. The NFL is moving away from the big strider WR's like him.

Is it really?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

I don't disagree with your overall sentiment, but for me, with Dak's accuracy issues, we need big targets, with big a catch radius and strong hands. I can see Johnson's value there in the 3rd round.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't disagree with your overall sentiment, but for me, with Dak's accuracy issues, we need big targets, with big a catch radius and strong hands. I can see Johnson's value there in the 3rd round.

Dak won’t throw it.. That’s the problem..

He doesn’t make back shoulder throws or very many 50/50s.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Yeah, but we throw a lot of slants and quick routes. Johnson should be able to body up DBs and win those type of match-up's. The problem is, Dak throws that behind guys a lot where you see a Cobb or Gallup not be able to reach back and pull it in while in stride.

It's one of the reasons why I think the Cowboys need a real weapon (with size) at TE. It will help Dak tremendously.

John813

Reaction score
I'm not for sure if since Delpit has been known as the #1 safety for a while, or so it seems, there's more criticism of him that's fair or not.

Think him or McKinney would be fine in round 1.

Would prefer a faster WR than Johnson but overall ok with the pick if Moore/McCarthy like him

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, but we throw a lot of slants and quick routes. Johnson should be able to body up DBs and win those type of match-up's. The problem is, Dak throws that behind guys a lot where you see a Cobb or Gallup not be able to reach back and pull it in while in stride.

It's one of the reasons why I think the Cowboys need a real weapon (with size) at TE. It will help Dak tremendously.
You do realize that a lot of slants are thrown behind the WR on purpose to protect them from getting killed, right?

Johnson also really lacks physicality for his size. He's not a bully who does what you're suggesting.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
You do realize that a lot of slants are thrown behind the WR on purpose to protect them from getting killed, right?

Yeah, not at all the case on why/how Dak missed so many of those passes.

I'm a Dak fan, but accuracy has been & will be an issue for him.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, not at all the case on why/how Dak missed so many of those passes.

I'm a Dak fan, but accuracy has been & will be an issue for him.
Fair enough. I know he's not the most accurate passer in the league, it just seems a little excessive to draft a WR based on his inaccuracy.

Hardline

Reaction score
I've seen Collin Johnson's entire college career.
He would succeed here. He's a play maker.

Ill Take Devin Duvernay as well.

JPM

Reaction score
I thought Harris was returning to Bama.

Edit, he is.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Agree...this is part of the reason Dak and Dez struggled clicking. Dez excelled catching balls in tight windows and having a big catch radius but Dak didn’t trust it and at times didn’t have the accuracy to make the throw.

He does better with good route runners that are quick.