Mock a Dock

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
I'm going to assume we have pick 32:D Also going by NFLDS ranking as of now.

1st Round-Earl Thomas-S-Texas
looks like for sure he's coming out. He could slip down to us with the talent in this years class. 2nd best safety behind Berry. Ken Hamlin is trying to save his job right now, but i think it's a little too late. He'll probably get the axe this offseason. I'll take a Earl Thomas/Sensy duo back there for years to comes.

2nd Round-Mike Iupati-OG-Idaho
Traded a 2011 First and 2010 4th to move up to pick 40 overall. Something tells me that he'll fall out of the first and will be available at this spot. Guards typically don't go high. I could be wrong, but this is just for fun. Iupati is a beast and will probably not be a major factor in 2010. This is for 2011 when he takes over for Kosier. The next Larry Allen.

2nd Round-Lamarr Houston-DT-Texas
With Spears,Hatcher,Bowen and Siavii all FA's, it's going to be tough to bring them all back. Houston is a perfect fit for this system. Could slide over and play some NT and also replace either Hatcher or Bowen. Provides depth and has a great motor.

3rd Round-Devin Ross-CB-Arizona
i started watching this guy last year and he's just an all around solid corner. He tackles really well and has great makeup speed. You can never have enough corners and Ball could be slotted over to FS next year so a dime corner will be needed. He'll be a really good player.

6th Round-John Estes-C-Hawaii
Former OG moved to C his Sophmore year. 3 time 1st team all WAC. Not the stongest guy in the world but have him groomed behind Gurode and give him a chance to get stronger. We need a backup C and one to possibily take over in a few years. Estes could be it. Smart player.

7th Round-Emmanuel Sanders-WR-SMU
91 receptions. 1250 yards 7TD's this year. Fast reciever and has great straight line speed. I watched him against Nevada and he would constantly be behind the secondary. Could be a nice gem to maybe replace Hurd or Crayton in a few years.

Opinions? Comments?

Bigdog

Reaction score
love it but it will never happen. thomas will not fall to us at 32. If he does then Jerry will be seeing the inside of jail cell for highway robbery. And they will lock the GM away in a mental health ward for making the trade for Iupati.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3206841 said:
You were wise enough not to read the analysis
Not sure how wise it was. It just confused me from the word go to see that. I see the trade now.

No way I trade a future #1 to take a Guard. Adding a 4th just seals the deal for me.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hostile;3206853 said:
Not sure how wise it was. It just confused me from the word go to see that. I see the trade now.

No way I trade a future #1 to take a Guard. Adding a 4th just seals the deal for me.

Well I got him as a potential RT. W/ any luck Free at LT, Brewster at G, and Iupati at RT in the future

The Realist

Reaction score
If you are using NFLDS rankings Iupati is rated #17 there last I looked.

Who is your RT now?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3206572 said:

looks like for sure he's coming out. He could slip down to us with the talent in this years class. 2nd best safety behind Berry. Ken Hamlin is trying to save his job right now, but i think it's a little too late. He'll probably get the axe this offseason. I'll take a Earl Thomas/Sensy duo back there for years to comes.

Traded a 2011 First and 2010 4th to move up to pick 40 overall. Something tells me that he'll fall out of the first and will be available at this spot. Guards typically don't go high. I could be wrong, but this is just for fun. Iupati is a beast and will probably not be a major factor in 2010. This is for 2011 when he takes over for Kosier. The next Larry Allen.

With Spears,Hatcher,Bowen and Siavii all FA's, it's going to be tough to bring them all back. Houston is a perfect fit for this system. Could slide over and play some NT and also replace either Hatcher or Bowen. Provides depth and has a great motor.

I doubt Earl Thomas isn't among the top 20-25 picks and Mike Iupati may be taken in the top 20 as well, so round 2 isn't likely. And Lamarr Houston is too short to be a 3-4 DE. Just for comparisons sake, here are the heights of the starting 3-4 DE's in the NFL

ARZ (hybrid 3-4/4-3)- 6'8, 6'4
BAL (hybrid 3-4/4-3)- 6'5, 6'4
CLE- 6'5, 6'5
DAL- 6'6, 6'4
DEN- 6'5, 6'3
KC- 6'4, 6'1
MIA- 6'6, 6'3
NE- 6'5, 6'4
NYJ- 6'5, 6'2
PIT- 6'5, 6'3
SF- 6'2, 6'4
SD- 6'3, 6'2

To be a 3-4 DE, you need long arms to disengage from OT and at 6-2, it's very unlikely. Most of these guys are pure run stoppers and don't offer much vs the pass, so I don't think I'd take Houston in rd 2

slotshot

Reaction score
Unless he can play some Center, or falls to us in the 2nd (pick 64), I just don't see that a higher round guard is really the largest need for us.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3206572 said:

3rd Round-Devin Ross-CB-Arizona
i started watching this guy last year and he's just an all around solid corner. He tackles really well and has great makeup speed. You can never have enough corners and Ball could be slotted over to FS next year so a dime corner will be needed. He'll be a really good player.

6th Round-John Estes-C-Hawaii
Former OG moved to C his Sophmore year. 3 time 1st team all WAC. Not the stongest guy in the world but have him groomed behind Gurode and give him a chance to get stronger. We need a backup C and one to possibily take over in a few years. Estes could be it. Smart player.

7th Round-Emmanuel Sanders-WR-SMU
91 receptions. 1250 yards 7TD's this year. Fast reciever and has great straight line speed. I watched him against Nevada and he would constantly be behind the secondary. Could be a nice gem to maybe replace Hurd or Crayton in a few years.

Opinions? Comments?

pass.