News: Mock Draft 2.0: Cowboys, 49ers Each Draft Elite Wide Receivers

CCBoy

Reaction score
  1. Tennessee Titans: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
No change at the top as the best player on the board is still the top option for the Titans, even with question marks about coaching staff and scheme. Bosa posted the top pass rushing grade among edge defenders last season (+56.6) and ranked second this season at +43.5. He also had the top grade against the run this year at +28.5, and with his ability to win up and down the line, Bosa is a scheme-versatile playmaker.

1. Cleveland Browns: Jared Goff, QB, Cal
The draft is not deep in surefire first-round quarterbacks, but Goff is the best of the bunch. He topped all QBs with a +53.8 overall grade, a year removed from ranking eighth at +27.7. He elevated an overmatched Cal team to a difficult weekly matchup in a deep Pac-12, and he handles pressure and the blitz well while throwing with accuracy to the deep and intermediate levels.

1. San Diego Chargers: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
The first three picks all stay intact from last month’s mock draft as Buckner and the Chargers make one of the draft’s best matches. San Diego is extremely weak on the defensive interior and Buckner provides the best combination of pass rushing and run-stopping ability. At six-foot-seven, he’ll likely garner some Calais Campbell comparisons along the way and projecting similar production is not out of the question.

1. Dallas Cowboys: Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
Dallas could have their eye on Jalen Ramsey here, but they go with Treadwell to pair with Dez Bryant, a player Treadwell has gotten compared to in the past. Treadwell can make plays down the field or after the catch (forced 17 missed tackles), and stocking up on playmakers is one way to get the Cowboys back to the top of the NFC East...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...owboys-49ers-each-draft-elite-wide-receivers/

slick325

Reaction score
Wow...only Goff goes Round 1 at QB and Tunsil not a top 10 pick.

Sydla

Reaction score
Wow...only Goff goes Round 1 at QB and Tunsil not a top 10 pick.

I think PFF's mocks tend to suck. There's no way Tunsil isn't a Top 10 pick with the need for LTs in this league, and I would be slightly surprise if Stanley doesn't end up in the Top 10-12 as well.

Hardline

Reaction score
I would be royally pissed if we passed on Tunsil if he is on the board. I am fully happy to take another Tyron Smith to add to this offensive line.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would be royally pissed if we passed on Tunsil if he is on the board. I am fully happy to take another Tyron Smith to add to this offensive line.

This team shouldn't take any linemen before the 5th round. I'm usually for the best player available but that would be insane. You'd essentially be drafting a right tackle with the 4th overall pick. That's insane.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cowboys need playmakers on both sides of the ball and I wouldn't be opposed to going receiver there. But for me to take one that early i'm planning on this guy being one of the best receivers in the league. A AJ Green or a Calvin Johnson type prospect. I'm not sure if Treadwell is that guy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Insane is not drafting another Tyron Smith. Insane would be passing on him.

Ok but he's no Tyron Smith and even Tyron was taken later in the draft when it was a need. This team does not need a elite right tackle. You have the best offensive line in football or one of the bests. The only thing that would be more insane is if they took tight end.