*Mock Draft and Fantasy Football Fans*

superpunk

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Myself and a few other NFL fans are putting on a mock offseason. We did it last year, on another forum, with alot of success. It's the most involved and interesting mock draft I've seen on the internet, and was alot of fun, as everyone who participated last year knows. For those that didn;t, let me give you a quick run-down.

The GM mock draft is a several-week-long fantasy game wherein you become the GM of an NFL team, a real NFL roster, and simulate all YOUR ideas for making that team better. From cuts to get under the salary cap, to free agency, to the NFL draft, the entire offseason is simulated in a few weeks. The GMs receive an excel worksheet each period where they perform their functions. There is blind bidding for free agents, trades, anything you can think to improve your team. All GMs must have excel. If you do not currently have a working version - let us know, we might be able to help you.

The workbooks will be new, better-looking, and far more useful and easy-to-use than the previous version. Upgrades include: a trade calculator, that will let you know if your proposed trade is acceptable, trading blocks where you can specify which of your players are on the block, position grading, so you can see your most serious areas of need, instant cap updates and a depth chart.

All are welcome to participate. This thing does take a decent amount of time, but for us crazies, it's worth it.

There are only 4 teams left now, the Eagles, Skins, Panthers, and Texans. But, we may do another go-round after we finish the first one.

If you want to participate, just post your desired team and your email address and AIM SN in the thread. It'll be first come first serve. If you don't want your address out there, just PM me.

Looking forward to it.

superpunk

Reaction score
This could either go here or the fantasy football zone (which I did not notice)

Wherever it belongs is fine, lol. I wasn't sure.

superpunk

Reaction score
Just a little bump.

I think we still need someone for Skins and Philly

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk;1392132 said:
Just a little bump.

I think we still need someone for Skins and Philly

i may be interested in the skins. screw it up i just make people happy. : )

superpunk

Reaction score
If you want to do it ice, just let me know. It's the whole offseason, not just one round of drafting. It's really fun, but it does take some time. Nothing excessive.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk;1392189 said:
If you want to do it ice, just let me know. It's the whole offseason, not just one round of drafting. It's really fun, but it does take some time. Nothing excessive.

sure. i'll do it!

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Cool Ice, and don't worry about screwing up the Commanders. Have you seen what Snyder and Co. do in the draft? They move up before the draft for a player only to have that info leak before the draft rolls around. Plus, anything you do would probably be an improvement as they are a sorry team.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;1392268 said:
Cool Ice, and don't worry about screwing up the Commanders. Have you seen what Snyder and Co. do in the draft? They move up before the draft for a player only to have that info leak before the draft rolls around. Plus, anything you do would probably be an improvement as they are a sorry team.

i'll just take a "madden 2008" approach for the skins and i should get pretty close.