Mock Draft Chatter....

robert70x7

Reaction score
Sifillest;5002696 said:
Yup, one is definitively a right tackle, one is a swing but was much better at left than right.

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android

Better than Terron Armstead, Ricky Wagner, David Quessenberry, David Bakhtiari, Reid Fragel, Xavier Nixon, Jordan Mills, Chris Faulk, Luke Marquardt, Nick Becton, Manase Foketi?

Sifillest

Reaction score
robert70x7 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sifillest

Yup, one is definitively a right tackle, one is a swing but was much better at left than right.

Better than Terron Armstead, Ricky Wagner, David Quessenberry, David Bakhtiari, Reid Fragel, Xavier Nixon, Jordan Mills, Chris Faulk, Luke Marquardt, Nick Becton, Manase Foketi?

At right tackle? Quite possibly. Time will tell. I feel great about all of my picks.

robert70x7

Reaction score
Sifillest;5002700 said:
At right tackle? Quite possibly. Time will tell. I feel great about all of my picks.

You did well after that initial trade, I like Rambo - just don't think they touch him because of character issues.

Hurst was the only ? for me. Dude basically quit his team.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
alex hurst will be lucky to get drafted imo, chris faulk was a much better pick, i was hopeing you mixed up the guys.

Not a fan of tank or stepfan(like his game but its not a major need when we have gaping holes elsewhere, rb is the easiest position in football to plug a guy in imo) when we have HUGE needs on the OL but i love the hankins and rambo selections.

All in fun and i hope you enjoyed it silfest

Sifillest

Reaction score
robert70x7 said:
Quote:

You did well after that initial trade, I like Rambo - just don't think they touch him because of character issues.

Hurst was the only ? for me. Dude basically quit his team.

Personal issues were the reason behind it....not the game of football itself or off the field drama. I figure if we gave beasely another shot after quitting in tc, we wouldn't eliminate a guy based solely him leaving the team 6 games into his senior year.

robert70x7

Reaction score
Sifillest;5002706 said:
Personal issues were the reason behind it....not the game of football itself or off the field drama. I figure if we gave beasely another shot after quitting in tc, we wouldn't eliminate a guy based solely him leaving the team 6 games into his senior year.

Cole Beasley didn't cost a 4th round draft pick.

Sifillest

Reaction score
unionjack8 said:
alex hurst will be lucky to get drafted imo, chris faulk was a much better pick, i was hopeing you mixed up the guys.

Not a fan of tank or stepfan(like his game but its not a major need when we have gaping holes elsewhere, rb is the easiest position in football to plug a guy in imo) when we have HUGE needs on the OL but i love the hankins and rambo selections.

All in fun and i hope you enjoyed it silfest

Of course I enjoyed it! Everybody is gonna have an opinion on it, mostly everyone on this site is a fan of the cowboys. I'm happy with how it turned out, especially considering it was only 4 rounds. I feel i drafted 5 players that would immediately contribute, at least 3 starters.

Sifillest

Reaction score
robert70x7 said:
Quote:

Cole Beasley didn't cost a 4th round draft pick.

Word, he also didn't start. I feel hurst can come in and take the job.

Questfor6

Reaction score
Hey Robert sorry I didn't see you pm today, who were you trying to trade up for Hunter?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks to everyone for participating. It was fun.

Now take a look at the classes and grade them. Anybody unfamilar with it can check out the grading section in the 2nd post of the mock draft thread. Grades are 10-1 not A-F.

I'll take grades all this coming week and hopefully have the report card up next weekend.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
Risen, this was awesome. Appreciate all the work you did this weekend. I had a blast.

Questfor6

Reaction score
NeonDeion21;5002743 said:
Risen, this was awesome. Appreciate all the work you did this weekend. I had a blast.

I second that, don't know how you had the patience for it all because I know I wouldn't. Thanks again

DFWJC

Reaction score
Sifillest;5002706 said:

Hey Stif
Whoever gets the Cowboys draft will always get scrutiny. No big deal
I liked you idea off trading though ( though it cost you a great pick at 18) and you did get a good pick anyway in the 1st. The value of the trade was off, but that's anther topic
I had a real issue with Tank in the 2nd with all that talent there and a real shot he's still there way letter. But you still ended up doing pretty good , IMO.

Nobody would do it exactly the same and because it's our team, we all have an opinion

:starspin :starspin :starspin

DFWJC

Reaction score
NeonDeion21;5002743 said:

X1000
That I'd a big commitment RS.
Thanks!

Boys122

Reaction score
Good work as always on these drafts, Risen.

As far as the grading goes, there were a lot of good drafts, this will be tough to get a clear winner IMO.

Boys122

Reaction score
Avery;5002511 said:
Sorry about missing the Raiders pick. Found out that my uncle was in a car accident last night and isn't expected to pull through. :(

Geez. Thoughts and prayers go out to you're family and friends of your uncle.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boys122;5002770 said:
Good work as always on these drafts, Risen.

As far as the grading goes, there were a lot of good drafts, this will be tough to get a clear winner IMO.

It will.

The grades get sent to me but do not grade me kindly. I will not take offense at all. The true grade is the test of time.

Boys122

Reaction score
Risen Star;5002779 said:
It will.

The grades get sent to me but do not grade me kindly. I will not take offense at all. The true grade is the test of time.

Not for nothing but I've yet to see a bad draft of yours. Not since I've been in these.

Sifillest

Reaction score
DFWJC said:
Quote:

Hey Stif
Whoever gets the Cowboys draft will always get scrutiny. No big deal
I liked you idea off trading though ( though it cost you a great pick at 18) and you did get a good pick anyway in the 1st. The value of the trade was off, but that's anther topic
I had a real issue with Tank in the 2nd with all that talent there and a real shot he's still there way letter. But you still ended up doing pretty good , IMO.

Nobody would do it exactly the same and because it's our team, we all have an opinion

Ha, thanks man. I realized after some folks killed the hankins pick that there was not gonna be any way to make everyone happy....so i figured i'd just continue to be confident in my board and go from there. And yea i did the math after the trade was done on sportscalc or some site like that, it was a 95 pt diff in value, not too much but i should have gotten like a 5th as well. Lol it seemed almost every team had the same needs as we(Dallas) did in this mock. Had a ton of fun on my first try, can't wait to participate again. Kudos to Risen, taking the entire process on by himself. I might volunteer to assist next year if Hos(I think that's who helped last year) doesn't get back in it.