Mock draft links

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
link

Having gone through most of those mocks...this is the first year in a while that there was no concensus as to the first pick...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zaxor said:
Having gone through most of those mocks...this is the first year in a while that there was no concensus as to the first pick...
I randonly looked about half of those mocks and every one has Reggie Bush #1.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:

BDC ...in your opinion, what franchise has the best chance of picking up Reggie Bush in the draft?

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:

I'm sorry I meant "OUR" first pick... I hadn't thought to add it as it was clear in my mind what i wanted to say :D

Eddie

Reaction score
Looks like Santanio Holmes (WR) should be available at #18. I think we need to snag him. We can get solid OT help in the 2nd round.

We can't continue to live on the edge with Key and Glenn ... there's only so much you can count on with 35 year old WR's.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Eddie said:
Looks like Santanio Holmes (WR) should be available at #18. I think we need to snag him. We can get solid OT help in the 2nd round.

We can't continue to live on the edge with Key and Glenn ... there's only so much you can count on with 35 year old WR's.

Good thing Dallas doesn't have any.....and won't for well over a year.

Glenn is only 31....turning 32 this summer.

Granted, the leads are aging, but the exaggerations get ridiculous around here when someone is trying to prove a point.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Eddie said:

They could also trade down and get either Holmes or that Chad Jackson kid. That would be pretty smooth imo..

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
i want jackson, but i have a feeling we are thinking tackle, my guess is Mcneil

Reaction score
If WR is the "flavor of the moment" then Chad Jackson over Santonio Holmes all day long. He's bigger, just as fast, has great hands and also runs every route including over the middle!!!

Manster68

Reaction score
Eddie said:

I swear, you guys are killing me.

There are only 3 guarantees in life: Death, Taxes, and Bill Parcells drafting a wide receiver in the first round!

1. Parcells does NOT value the wide receiver position. He relies on a power running game and defense. He realizes that receivers do not touch the ball as much as the other offensive skill positions.

Plus, he even said that taking a wide receiver in the first round is very high risk.

2. There is NOBODY in this draft that plays wide receiver is even worthy of a first round pick. In any other year, Holmes, Jackson, and Moss would be 2nd round quality at best.

Being profiled as the top receiver in this draft class is like being the tallest midget. When all is said and done, they are still a midget.

3. Do you think any wide receiver that Dallas should happen to draft in April will put Keyshawn or Glenn on the Bench? Don't make me laugh. Keyshawn and Glenn are solid veterans who has not dissappointed. Any problems with the passing game goes to the lack of protection and ill-timed interceptions by Bledsoe.

So get it out of your skulls, people. Dallas is NOT drafting a wide receiver in the first round. Wish all you want, but it just isn't happening!

Derinyar

Reaction score
Manster68 said:

There are only 3 guarantees in life: Death, Taxes, and Bill Parcells drafting a wide receiver in the first round!

1. Parcells does NOT value the wide receiver position. He relies on a power running game and defense. He realizes that receivers do not touch the ball as much as the other offensive skill positions.

Plus, he even said that taking a wide receiver in the first round is very high risk.

2. There is NOBODY in this draft that plays wide receiver is even worthy of a first round pick. In any other year, Holmes, Jackson, and Moss would be 2nd round quality at best.

Being profiled as the top receiver in this draft class is like being the tallest midget. When all is said and done, they are still a midget.

3. Do you think any wide receiver that Dallas should happen to draft in April will put Keyshawn or Glenn on the Bench? Don't make me laugh. Keyshawn and Glenn are solid veterans who has not dissappointed. Any problems with the passing game goes to the lack of protection and ill-timed interceptions by Bledsoe.

So get it out of your skulls, people. Dallas is NOT drafting a wide receiver in the first round. Wish all you want, but it just isn't happening!
It depends. If your thinking Parcells only cares about what happens this year, your right. That very well maybe what hes thinking, thats why he shouldn't be the only input in this situation. Getting a rookie WR this year doesn't mean he has to start this year, as most WR's take a year or two in the system to perform at a high level. Keyshawn is old. Glenn is getting old and is brittle. The time is quickly approaching when we need to have another WR, as you need at least three functional ones in this league. Right now we have exactly three. We need another WR, and not just for this year.

Manster68

Reaction score
Derinyar said:
It depends. If your thinking Parcells only cares about what happens this year, your right. That very well maybe what hes thinking, thats why he shouldn't be the only input in this situation. Getting a rookie WR this year doesn't mean he has to start this year, as most WR's take a year or two in the system to perform at a high level. Keyshawn is old. Glenn is getting old and is brittle. The time is quickly approaching when we need to have another WR, as you need at least three functional ones in this league. Right now we have exactly three. We need another WR, and not just for this year.

Fair enough, but...

...definately NOT the first round!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Manster68 said:
The value at WR in this draft is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If we trade down the 18 pick and get 4 first day picks, we might get a WR. Otherwise I don't see us getting a WR day one.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Manster68 said:

It's got nothing to do with wishing, it's a practical move whether you like it or not. I don't know how you can say BP doesn't value WRs...didn't he draft Glenn, and go out of his way to get Key here? As to being worthy of a first round pick...I'll leave that up to the professionals to decide. I don't believe you have to draft a WR in the first round and start him his rookie year...it's a position that you have to develop. You take a talented guy now and in two or three years he can replace Glenn and Crayton and replace Keyshawn.