Mock Draft Muncher V.2006

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
OK, if the Cowboys traded down around 25-26, to pick up another 2nd or 3rd rounder, they'd be choosing from the likes of:

OT Eric Winston
WR Chad Jackson
FS Ko Simpson
LB Bobby Carpenter
OG Max-Jean Gilles

Of that group, I'd most like Carpenter... that'd be nice, to be able to draft Bobby and add another first day draft pick...

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
silverbear said:
OK, if the Cowboys traded down around 25-26, to pick up another 2nd or 3rd rounder, they'd be choosing from the likes of:

OT Eric Winston
WR Chad Jackson
FS Ko Simpson
LB Bobby Carpenter
OG Max-Jean Gilles

Of that group, I'd most like Carpenter... that'd be nice, to be able to draft Bobby and add another first day draft pick...

Take Winston and Jean-Gilles out of that and I'm with ya. Jackson, Ko or Carpenter with Carpenter being my 1st choice and I think you have the right idea.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I think people will stop predicting WR's to us at 18 next week, and that will be a good thing. All of the WR's in this draft are no better than second round material, IMO.

Rudy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
I think people will stop predicting WR's to us at 18 next week, and that will be a good thing. All of the WR's in this draft are no better than second round material, IMO.

DITTO

Pokes28

Reaction score
And good lord, why would we (or any team for that matter) take a guy who has accomplished something between jack and squat while playing for pass happy Florida?

I just don't see the attraction. Just like last year when a couple burners moved up a LONG way in the draft to be taken far above where their body of work would indicate they should (and I'm not even talking about Matt Jones).

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

ghst187

Reaction score
well if we sign TO, WR goes out the door in round 1. FS and LB are the most likely. If we had to pick out of that group listed above after a trade down....I love Carpenter BUT I think he's an ILB and we just signed Ayodele to play there. I think we'll look for an OLB, not that Carpenter can't play OLB but I think Lawson or Tapp will be more impacting OLBs. (I think Burnett shows up next year too but that's another matter)
Ko Simpson is a possibily and I think Huff is ours if he somehow slips but I doubt he does.