Mock Draft... Nfldraftcountdown...

Verdict

Reaction score
I hope Peterson falls a lot, but I don't see him falling to #7. I think he goes in the top 3. I hope I am wrong and he falls enough for us to make the move up and get him.

I know, I know. :horse: :horse:

Big Dakota

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;1454539 said:
Isnt this site usually number one with mock drafts?

I remember he had us taking Ware and Spears

Im not sure if he called it right for us last year, I dont remember

No, but they are pretty good. Their ranking over the past 3 years combined is 6th. Last year they ranked 12th Rick Gosselin and the HUddle Report have been the best for several years.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;1454542 said:
And despite Jarrett's 40 time, anyone who thinks Leonard,

Leonard was a FB for his whole career. When Rutgers finally got a top RB recruit that enabled Leonard to block for him instead of carry the load, like he did his whole career.

Actually, Leonard was a HB his Freshman year. There FB was injured and Leonard moved to FB after that.

Aikbach

Reaction score
I'm ignorant of Moss, although grooming a replacement for Ellis and presumably keeping Bobby Carpenter inside would be a nice move I suppose.

I realize Florida won it all but it has been my experience that Florida defenders have not panned out as first round picks, Reggie McGrew comes painfully to mind.

Tell me a little about Moss, if he is another DeMarcus Ware I suppose it couldn't hurt to have two.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Aikbach;1454702 said:
I'm ignorant of Moss, although grooming a replacement for Ellis and presumably keeping Bobby Carpenter inside would be a nice move I suppose.

I realize Florida won it all but it has been my experience that Florida defenders have not panned out as first round picks, Reggie McGrew comes painfully to mind.

Tell me a little about Moss, if he is another DeMarcus Ware I suppose it couldn't hurt to have two.
Tall (really tall, 6'6-1/2") and thin. Definitely will need to put on some more weight. Not very strong, but has long arms. Isn't particularly fast. Some criticize his character, including a poster on here once who claimed to know him personally.

Basically he'd be a complete "potential" pick. He wouldn't be able to come in and contribute at a meaningful level right away. Has a very high "bust" potential.

Received a lot of hype from the National Championship game, but if you watch closely, Moss wasn't much of a force in that game. It was the other ends that were getting the job done with Moss usually cleaning up.

Reaction score
Oh my goodnes!! I would do cartwheels on video and post on here if Dallas could land Moss! But I do like Anthony Spencer a tad better because he's a punishing hitter and can get to the QB.

:pray:

Aikbach

Reaction score
theogt;1454714 said:
Tall (really tall, 6'6-1/2") and thin. Definitely will need to put on some more weight. Not very strong, but has long arms. Isn't particularly fast. Some criticize his character, including a poster on here once who claimed to know him personally.

Basically he'd be a complete "potential" pick. He wouldn't be able to come in and contribute at a meaningful level right away. Has a very high "bust" potential.

Received a lot of hype from the National Championship game, but if you watch closely, Moss wasn't much of a force in that game. It was the other ends that were getting the job done with Moss usually cleaning up.
I hate to say this but you just described Kavika Pittman to me, minus a national championship.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Aikbach;1454717 said:
I hate to say this but you just described Kavika Pittman to me, minus a national championship.
Hey, if we could get him undrafted (or in the 3rd round at most) I'd do it in a heartbeat.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Why do draftniks keep giving the Cowboys a kicker in the third? :mad:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1454725 said:
Why do draftniks keep giving the Cowboys a kicker in the third? :mad:
Hey, at least Scott bumped him down from the 2nd to the 3rd.

It's a start. :eek::

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MarionBarberThe4th;1454539 said:
Isnt this site usually number one with mock drafts?

I remember he had us taking Ware and Spears

Im not sure if he called it right for us last year, I dont remember
Goose has the best mock.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1454729 said:
Goose has the best mock.
They flip-flop, but Scott and Goose are generally the most accurate mocks. In 2004 and 2005 Scott was more accurate, but in 2006 Goose was more accurate.

vegas777

Reaction score
Each mock draft has a different player falling well below where everyone thinks they'll go. I was looking at the one on Draft King (draftking.com) and it has Alan Branch, DT out of Michigan, going to the New York Jets at #25. Why did he fall so far? If he's on the board at #22, I don't see him making it to #23.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Each mock draft has a different player falling well below where everyone thinks they'll go. I was looking at the one on Draft King (draftking.com) and it has Alan Branch, DT out of Michigan, going to the New York Jets at #25. Why did he fall so far? If he's on the board at #22, I don't see him making it to #23.

Maybe they want to claim they were the only ones that got it right if it somehow happens.

Id love it, but I dont see it, besides Okoye, there no other 1st round caliber DT's.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Aikbach;1454717 said:

Pittman was actually very productive in college...I think he even won some POY awards for his division

David

Aikbach

Reaction score
dbair1967;1454985 said:
Pittman was actually very productive in college...I think he even won some POY awards for his division

David
I was refering mainly to their physique, you must also understand that Pittman played at tiny McNeese State and didn't dominate against anything more fearsome than James Madison or at the time Wake Forrest.

As a pro he was average on a good day, invisible on other days, he was selected too high for what he was, especially when Dallas could have nabbed Tony Brackens at the end of the first instead of trading down.

Brackens was productive before injuries plagued him into retirement.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
nettorrep22;1454598 said:
i would love to waste a third on a kicker... automatica did well enough for me thanks

sorry but i guess you havent read thescouting report:

Mason Crosby
Height: 6-11/4 | Weight: 212 | 40-Time: 5.25

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has an outstanding leg...Can hit from well beyond 50 yards and has a career long of 60...Accurate and rarely misses the ones he's supposed to make...Phenomenal on kickoffs and creates a lot of touchbacks...Clutch and doesn't let pressure affect him...Has a lot of experience...Intangibles are excellent...Can also punt in a pinch.

Weaknesses:
Kicked in high altitude with thin air but also hit a lot of long kicks at sea level as well...Will have some kicks blocked here and there...Has room to smooth out and refine his technique...Is so good coaches tend to let him try unrealistic attempts.

Notes:
Father, Jim, was a fullback at Texas-El Paso in the mid-1970s...Was the runner-up for the Lou Groza Award in 2005 as a junior...Superstitious and has to hit at least 60 golf balls at a driving range two days before a game...Best kicking prospect to come along since Mike Nugent and might be the highest chosen since Sebastian Janikowski back in 2000...A rare prospect who is a true weapon on special teams.
Career Statistics
Year GP FGM FGA LG XPM XPA
2003 12 7 9 44 31 37
2004 12 19 23 60 28 30
2005 12 21 28 58 31 31
2006 12 19 28 56 19 19
Totals 48 66 88 60 109 117

if that all is true. i really love thatpick in the third round. especially when you consider we might be able to trade our #1 pick for an additional third rounder.

Angus

Reaction score
Jarvis Moss
Height: 6-6
Weight: 251
Position: Defensive End/Outside Linebacker
College: Florida

ANALYSIS

Positives: Has a tall, lanky frame with broad shoulders, tight waist and good bubble … Moves very well coming off the edge and will bring immediate value in third-down passing situations … Shows above-average balance and flexibility on the move and has explosive acceleration in backside pursuit … Fluid and flexible athlete with very crisp change of direction agility … Makes quick reads and reacts with good urgency once he locates the ball … Despite limited reps until 2006, it is rare to see him get faked out … Learns with normal reps and is a self-starter who puts in the extra hours after practice … Plays with good aggression, but is best when he avoids or slips past blocks rather than trying to engage the offensive lineman (lacks the bulk and strength to control) … Moves well off the line, getting his best production when he beats the offensive tackle coming out of his stance … His outstanding burst off the snap allows him to gain advantage, especially when coming off the edge … His initial step lets him beat the offensive tackle to the spot and he has that extra gear to run by them … High energy type who closes on the ball with good pad level … Defeats blocks with quickness rather than power … When he gets a free lane, he has the ability to knife through and penetrate the line … Has very good lateral movement in pursuit and is an explosive form tackler when closing on the quarterback … Has the speed to give chase along the perimeter and good ability to sift out the ball in a pile (four forced fumbles in 2006) … Shows very good hip snap and adequate wrap-up technique, using his long reach to make good arm tackles … What he does best is explode off the edge and generate pressure on the pocket … If not accounted for, he will sack the quarterback due to his speed and pad level (has excellent hip wiggle and shake to juke).

Negatives: Still trying to recover the strength and bulk that he lost while battling his pelvis injury … Needs to add at least another 20 pounds to his frame to prevent blockers from walling him off when trying to work in-line … Must keep his hands active, especially vs. low blocks, as he tends to get taken off his feet too much trying to slip through trash (does not protect his legs on the move) … Plays too high on the move and this causes him to struggle in attempts to squeeze down the rush lane, and will get washed out when he tries to split double teams … More effective playing off the edge, as he lacks the raw power to defeat blocks when lining head up on an opponent … Struggles to disengage when working over the middle, as he is easily defeated vs. face-up blockers … Has good flexibility, but for some reason his hips sink and his feet die when blockers get their hands into his body … Lacks the hand strength to jerk and pull down the offensive lineman (must improve his rip and club moves, but has an efficient swim move) … His three-year struggle with a staph infection in his pelvic bone needs further medical evaluation … The school will not discuss suspensions, but there is a need to challenge the player on the reason he was suspended for the 2006 Western Carolina game.

Compares To: Simeon Rice, Tampa Bay … Some experts compare him to Jevon Kearse, but while Moss has Kearse-like quickness he lacks the bulk and upper-body strength to defeat face-up blockers. Moss could possible move to outside linebacker in a 3-4 alignment, but at least brings instant value in third-down passing situations, where he can do what he does best -- penetrate off the edge to disrupt the pocket.
INJURY REPORT

2002: Missed seven games during his high school senior year due to a pelvis injury.

2003: Suffered a hernia in preseason drills … Re-injured a muscle in his pelvic area after battling through preseason pain, and did not return after playing in the Florida A&M game.

2004: Sat out all but one game due to a staph infection in his pelvic bone.

2005: Held out of the season opener vs. Wyoming as he recovered from spending six weeks in the hospital for treatment on his pelvic bone infection.
AGILITY TESTS

Campus: 4.63 in the 40-yard dash … 265-pound bench press … 415-pound squat (from 2004) … 37-inch vertical jump … 33½-inch arm length … 9½-inch hands.
HIGH SCHOOL

Attended Ryan (Denton, Texas) High School, playing football for head coach Joey Florence … Parade All-America selection … Named a USA Today first-team All-American and was ranked as the best strong-side defensive end in the nation and the overall No. 25 national prospect by Rivals … Rated the best defensive player in Texas by that recruiting service … Added All-American and Elite 50 team accolades from Super Prep and led his team to three consecutive Class 4A state championship games, winning titles in his junior and senior seasons … The two-year starter helped his team to a 30-1 record over his final two seasons … Despite missing seven games due to injury, Moss recorded 81 tackles (29 for loss), 12 sacks, four forced fumbles and four recovered fumbles … Totaled 122 tackles, including 52 for a loss and 28 sacks, seven pass deflections, three forced fumbles and five fumble recovers as a junior, and had 61 tackles and nine sacks as a sophomore … Invited to play in the U.S. Army All-Star Game in Texas.
PERSONAL

Sociology … Son of Bobby Wilson … Born Aug. 3, 1984 … Resides in Denton, Texas.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/moss_jarvis

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1454466 said:
I don't see Carolina picking Beason at 14 Either. I mean, this guy is a 6'0, 235 lbs, 4.7 40 guy. Good lord, what is it that I'm missing here? Yeah, Carolina typically reaches for small, slow LBs in the 1st.

Beason ran 2, 4.6 times at his Pro Day workout JFYI

He ran his 40s in 4.62 and 4.64 seconds. He also notched a 32-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot long, a 4.33 short shuttle and a 6.89 three-cone drill -- all at still just 95 percent following his injury.

Bizwah

Reaction score
TwentyOne;1455199 said:
sorry but i guess you havent read thescouting report:

Mason Crosby
Height: 6-11/4 | Weight: 212 | 40-Time: 5.25

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has an outstanding leg...Can hit from well beyond 50 yards and has a career long of 60...Accurate and rarely misses the ones he's supposed to make...Phenomenal on kickoffs and creates a lot of touchbacks...Clutch and doesn't let pressure affect him...Has a lot of experience...Intangibles are excellent...Can also punt in a pinch.

Weaknesses:
Kicked in high altitude with thin air but also hit a lot of long kicks at sea level as well...Will have some kicks blocked here and there...Has room to smooth out and refine his technique...Is so good coaches tend to let him try unrealistic attempts.

Notes:
Father, Jim, was a fullback at Texas-El Paso in the mid-1970s...Was the runner-up for the Lou Groza Award in 2005 as a junior...Superstitious and has to hit at least 60 golf balls at a driving range two days before a game...Best kicking prospect to come along since Mike Nugent and might be the highest chosen since Sebastian Janikowski back in 2000...A rare prospect who is a true weapon on special teams.
Career Statistics
Year GP FGM FGA LG XPM XPA
2003 12 7 9 44 31 37
2004 12 19 23 60 28 30
2005 12 21 28 58 31 31
2006 12 19 28 56 19 19
Totals 48 66 88 60 109 117

if that all is true. i really love thatpick in the third round. especially when you consider we might be able to trade our #1 pick for an additional third rounder.

Who needs a scouting report?

You NEVER....NEVER...draft a kicker on the first day.

For that matter, I'm of the school that you NEVER draft a kicker PERIOD!

What a waste....there are so many other areas that we need to improve. And kickers are so hard to evaluate. Heck, a few years ago Sebastian Janikowski was supposed to be the best kicking prospect ever. What has he done?

No, I'd rather take my chances with Gramatica or another FA.