Mock draft today with trades that fix defense

rambo2

Reaction score
I did some trading in the simulator today and this would fix the defense. This was a 5 round mock.
32 Levi Onwuzurike dt Washington
41 Jaelan Phillips edge Miami
53 Richie Grant s UCF
64 Nick Bolton lb Missouri
75 Elijah Molden cb Washington
95 Kenneth Gainwell rb Memphis
138 Osa Odighizuwa dt UCLA
179 Tommy Doyle ot Miami

I would take this draft for sure. I find it likely that most of these guys go higher than where I got them, but the simulator gave me the trades and I took them. It shows that trading back will give some great opportunities.

JBS

Reaction score
This is a good haul. I don't love Levi but it's still a good draft. The point concern I have is at cb. Molden is a slot corner. Dallas needs a boundary corner.

rambo2

Reaction score
This is a good haul. I don't love Levi but it's still a good draft. The point concern I have is at cb. Molden is a slot corner. Dallas needs a boundary corner.
I'm thinking that the upside in the defensive line from this haul offsets the corner situation. How about signing a veteran free agent corner to go with this group?

Reactions: JBS

JBS

Reaction score
I'm thinking that the upside in the defensive line from this haul offsets the corner situation. How about signing a veteran free agent corner to go with this group?
That certainly does the job

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I did some trading in the simulator today and this would fix the defense. This was a 5 round mock.
32 Levi Onwuzurike dt Washington
41 Jaelan Phillips edge Miami
53 Richie Grant s UCF
64 Nick Bolton lb Missouri
75 Elijah Molden cb Washington
95 Kenneth Gainwell rb Memphis
138 Osa Odighizuwa dt UCLA
179 Tommy Doyle ot Miami

I would take this draft for sure. I find it likely that most of these guys go higher than where I got them, but the simulator gave me the trades and I took them. It shows that trading back will give some great opportunities.

Stop trading back. That's for a team that wants a certain type of player that other teams will undervalue. Y'all seen that work with Johnson... and it worked for exactly the reason I cited. He drafted a lot of tweeners who didn't fit the mold for their position on most teams.

rambo2

Reaction score
Stop trading back. That's for a team that wants a certain type of player that other teams will undervalue. Y'all seen that work with Johnson... and it worked for exactly the reason I cited. He drafted a lot of tweeners who didn't fit the mold for their position on most teams.
You think these guys are tweeners? Some have Onwuzurike as the top defensive tackle in the draft. I have Phillips as the top pass rusher in the draft. Some have Grant as the top safety. A lot of people have Bolton as the 3rd linebacker. So, you are getting a top player at all of the levels of the defense. 4 top defenders. Just about anybody would take this draft and call it a day.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

The Joneses will hand you a nickel and say go find one.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
You think these guys are tweeners? Some have Onwuzurike as the top defensive tackle in the draft. I have Phillips as the top pass rusher in the draft. Some have Grant as the top safety. A lot of people have Bolton as the 3rd linebacker. So, you are getting a top player at all of the levels of the defense. 4 top defenders. Just about anybody would take this draft and call it a day.

No. Please read posts before responding