Mock Draft

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
In my mock I was targeting smart athletes who I really think will be there when we pick instead of just the big names.

Round 1 pick 27 - OT - Trent Williams

6-5 320lbs

Can play either side ..... strong and instinctive

Round 2 pick 59 - FS - Nate Allen

6-1 205 lbs

Play maker ..... smart ..... natural leader.

Round 3 pick 91 - OG/OT - Brandon Carter

6-6 330 lbs? (I have seen this kid listed from 6-5 to 6-7 and from 330 - 360 lbs ..... do not know what the deal is here)

Big and mean ..... good foot work ..... kind of a hothead in the mold of Colombo.

Round 4 pick 126 - DT/NT - Mike Neal

6-4 300 lbs

In my opinion a Rat clone who is aggressive and strong.

Round 6 pick 206 - WR/RB -Trindon Holliday

5-7 160 lbs

Speed ...... pure speed ...... Track Star ......Although listed as a running back, I see this kid as a little WR/KR. Has good hands and is a hard worker ..... he wants it.

Round 7 pick 240 - LB - Jacob Cutrera

6-4 240 lbs

Good hitter .... has problems side to side pursuit ..... project

Not real happy with the results ..... but its believable to me.

dannyboy

Reaction score
Like it except I would go CB in the third and C in the 7th (want to get rid of Proctor)

Maybe Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Indiana of Pennsylvania or Jerome Murphy, South Florida for CB and Erik Cook, New Mexico for C

RS12

Reaction score
I like pick 2 and 4. Alot of people not that high on Williams.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
RS12;3274652 said:
I like pick 2 and 4. Alot of people not that high on Williams.

Yea ..... but I think all the "big name" guys will be gone by that pick.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Really like rounds 1 and 2. Rounds 3 and 4 are reaches as of now but we'll know more in a couple weeks.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
zrinkill;3274739 said:
Yea ..... but I think all the "big name" guys will be gone by that pick.

thats the great thing about the draft, its not written til it is over with. We never know who will rise, fall or drafted by what team.

Im surprised that some teams dont trade down this year, every year i hear how deep the draft is and yet barely any teams want to trade down and pick up more players for competition in their camps.

I am sure Detroit is happy its uncapped this year, how many top 10 first have they gone thru on that team and either have dead money or less for signings and rookies. Tho i think Adam explained those two pools are seperate or already accounted for.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
ShiningStar;3274810 said:
thats the great thing about the draft, its not written til it is over with. We never know who will rise, fall or drafted by what team.

Yea .... I have only been right one time in the draft ..... and that was Roy Williams.