Mock w/ Dumb Trades & Eric Berry!

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Trade 1st(20-22), 2011 1st & Tashard Choice to Cle for #5 pick.

Right now youre mad at me. But we can find RB's. Even gems like Choice. Cle needs offensive talent and likes to trade down.

#5- Eric Berry- FS/SS/CB

Berry has DPOY written all over him. I may have cheated by getting him at 5. Our safeties have hurt us for too long, I want Berry, Mays, or Nick Collins. Rather than some combo of Ball, M. Hamlin, Mid-round pick

#2nd- Anthony Davis - T - 6'6" 330 - RU
Ive seen where his stocks @ 1/2. Fine by me

#3 Golden Tate- WR/PR- 5'11" 180- ND
Hes looking like Hines Ward w/ better top speed.

#4th - Chris Hawkins- CB- 6' 185 4.5 40- LSU
If you tell me Newmans on his last legs I wont put up a fight.

Trade! Crayton & Carpenter to Mia for a 5th. I know Parcells and "Ireland" dont love Carpenter. But this is about Mia getting a big reliable-ish target. Carpenter is more of a favor since he probably wont be here anyway. Crayton can be replaced. Hes not the possesion WR RW and Witt are. Hes not the threat Miles is. And Tate would be a better PR.

#5th- Noel Devine- RB/KR/PR- 5'7" 180- WVU- Darren Sproles type. 6.3 YPC last year and 35 catches. Nice little weapon

#6th- Ryan D'Imperio- 6'3" 240- ILB- RU- Some muscle and form tackling at LB.

#7th Malcom Sheppard- 6'2" 280- DT - Arkansas

Never heard of him until he showed Rat like tenacity against Florida. If he can do that VS the likes of Tebow the NFL should be no problem

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3024803 said:
Trade 1st(20-22), 2011 1st & Tashard Choice to Cle for #5 pick.

Right now youre mad at me. But we can find RB's. Even gems like Choice. Cle needs offensive talent and likes to trade down.

#5- Eric Berry- FS/SS/CB/God

Fixed it.

Even to me that Berry trade is a pipedream. If Cleveland is trading down they are going to want more picks. It's going to be more like our first,3rd, 2011 2nd and Spencer. I would only do this trade if we were able to sign Marcus Mcneil.

My dream offseason outcome.
Marcus Mcneil signed
Eric Berry drafted
Trade down in 2nd. Pick up a 3rd
Jacoby Ford drafted in late 2nd
Kyle Wilson drafted in 3rd round
Brandon Carter drafted 4th round
Malcolm Sheppard drafted 6th round

:pray:

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3024812 said:
Fixed it.

Even to me that Berry trade is a pipedream. If Cleveland is trading down they are going to want more picks. It's going to be more like our first,3rd, 2011 2nd and Spencer. I would only do this trade if we were able to sign Marcus Mcneil.

Marcus Mcneil signed
Eric Berry drafted

Is it really? Last year the Jets went from #17 to #5(Cle) w/ 3 JAG's, and #52 overall.

Whats more valuable? Future 1st and a young starting RB? Or #52, Keyon Coleman, Brett Ratliff, and Abram Elam?

Sanchezs value was around as high as Berrys will be. Remember, not a lot of teams want to shell out tons of guaranteed money. For Jerry, itd be worth it.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3024815 said:
Is it really? Last year the Jets went from #17 to #5(Cle) w/ 3 JAG's, and #52 overall.

Whats more valuable? Future 1st and a young starting RB? Or #52, Keyon Coleman, Brett Ratliff, and Abram Elam?

Sanchezs value was around as high as Berrys will be. Remember, not a lot of teams want to shell out tons of guaranteed money. For Jerry, itd be worth it.

True. I'd rather throw in Spencer over Choice. Plus they already like James Davis.

Our 1st,3rd,2011 2nd and Spencer should get it done though.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Sanchez was the consensus #1 or #2 QB. After him there was a big drop off to Josh Freeman, who I like, but many had as a 2nd rounder. Even then, Cle still only got back #52 and 3 JAGs.

So w/ Berry an A+ prospect and top 5 pick. And Mays an A prospect and top 10 pick. It shouldnt be much more costly than the Sanchez deal.

Im cool w/ trading Spencer over Choice but Choices value has to be much higher. That would definetely change my draft too. Even w/ Butler/Williams.

joseephuss

Reaction score
That is too much to give up to move into the top 5. You could probably trade less away to get up to #7 or #8 and still get Berry.

I would not trade Choice. Dallas needs all three of its backs. It is not a given that they can easily find a good one and then get a new RB up to speed.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I dont see Berry going 7 or 8. Theres not much not to like. But its worth it to trade Choice. Even if we whiff on getting a replacement itd be worth it because RB's are always floating around.

Cedric Benson was picked up for chump change.

This isnt a criticism of him or his play. Just his position

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3024812 said:
Fixed it.

Marcus Mcneil signed
Eric Berry drafted

It would be rather foolish of us to give up our best RB.

jcollins28

Reaction score
Why would Cleveland trade out of that spot when they could draft a guy like Jahvid Best?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3026429 said:
It would be rather foolish of us to give up our best RB.

Where did I say that I want to give up Choice?

jcollins28;3026824 said:
Why would Cleveland trade out of that spot when they could draft a guy like Jahvid Best?

Huh? Jahvid Best is a boarderline first rounder. They would trade out to get more picks since they are starving for NFL talent.

ghst187

Reaction score
Berry would be a very expensive luxury item imo. We'll need a CB in the draft but not necessarily a first rounder. We need speed at WR or a starting LT. Ideally, we could get McNeil signed as a FA, and draft a Dez Bryant or Golden Tate. If we get two fast and quick WRs out this draft it would be wise imo. I'd also be on board with getting someone like Cody at NT (likely require a trade up i understand) and moving Ratliff over to DE while letting Spears walk or trade him, thought he was becoming a UFA. The other thing that will cost us is I think Colombo is a UFA soon, we need him resigned.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
ghst187;3027608 said:
Berry would be a very expensive luxury item imo. We'll need a CB in the draft but not necessarily a first rounder. We need speed at WR or a starting LT. Ideally, we could get McNeil signed as a FA, and draft a Dez Bryant or Golden Tate. If we get two fast and quick WRs out this draft it would be wise imo. I'd also be on board with getting someone like Cody at NT (likely require a trade up i understand) and moving Ratliff over to DE while letting Spears walk or trade him, thought he was becoming a UFA. The other thing that will cost us is I think Colombo is a UFA soon, we need him resigned.

Berry is projected to be an elite safety. Not a luxury w/ this team. I listed CB b/c scouts say hed excel there as well.

I like Rat where he is, but another body should be added.

I think youre underrating Spears.

Didnt we just lock Columbo up? Any way, Anthony Davis can start at RT on day one and move to left when need be.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Small update: Anthony Davis was suspended for the 1st Q for being a few minutes late for lunch. Looked great against some great Army DE. Bullied him. Ill be surprised if hes a 2nd rounder but it makes for a good mock.