mock (w/ trades)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I never do trades in my mocks, but Vela's blog got me thinking, using PFT's trade-value chart http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/15/new-draft-trade-chart/, I get rid of some our picks and move up in the 2nd round, I don't like the value that NFLDraftScout gives us at our original pick in the 2nd, #51, so without further ado...

also using Silverbear's slot projection of our compensatory selections

we trade picks #51, #114, #158, and #184, to move up to pick #40 in the 2nd (we move up 11 spots, keep both 3 rounders, and the 7th round picks which we love to stock-pile)

2nd, #40. Virginia OLB Clint Sintim (#40) - 6'3" 256

It's not that I don't like Spencer, but Sintim would provide a boon to the pass-rush as he's a mix between a "rush" LB and strong-side LB in a 3-4, in fact could play either position, he has great explosion to the QB, and the upper and lower-body strength to take on OTs, and even is capable of shedding them, Frank Cooney at NFLDS seems to think that he may to have to move inside eventually

3rd, #69. Virginia Tech CB Victor Harris (#69) - 5'11" 198

CB/FS tweener, since we seem to be interested in that type of player, Harris is a younger version of Anthony Henry if he stays at corner, tough, physical, and with the flair for making the interception, his versatility extends to more than just being able to play FS, also an accomplished kick and punt returner, even seeing time at WR and RB, there's a place for him in Dallas

not the fastest player, but they said that about Brandon Flowers too

3rd, #97. Georgia ILB Daniel Ellerbe (#96) - 6'1" 236

Versatile, aggressive LB, one of the top coverage LBs in the draft due to good, overall athleticism (4.63 40, 4.23 short-shuttle, 7.00 3-cone time), also an effective blitzer

4th, #148. Maryland OG Jaimie Thomas (#149) - 6'4" 323

Prototypical Hudson Houck Olineman: big, mean, and nasty, is also capable of getting to the 2nd level to make blocks, but needs work on his technique to be more consistent at it

5th, #172 (comp). Penn State WR Deon Butler (#231) - 5'11" 182

I can't say enough about Deon Butler, ultra-quick WR who sets up CBs extremely well, can stop and start on a dime, catches passes outside of his frame, and knows how to shield defensive backs in the running game, will go alot higher than being the 231st player chosen

6th, (comp). Nebraska OT Lydon Murtha (#186) - 6'7" 309

Most athletic OT in the draft with long arms and a quick set-up in pass-pro, prototypical RT

7th, #193. Hampton DT Chris Baker (#197) - 6'2" 326

Explosive player at DT (1.7 10-yard split, 35 1/2" vertical), can stand up his man as well shoot his gap, played DE and DT in Hampton's 3-4

7th, #210. Tennessee OG Anthony Parker (#210) - 6'2" 297

Parker is a better fit at C, stout player with great quickness off the snap, compiled a 85.18% grade blocking percentage in 39 starts, highest of any active SEC OGs, 40 resulting in TDs, highest in NCAA FCS, and an amazing 31 blocks downfield

rip away

RS12

Reaction score
Sintim will be a Patriot, they supposedly love the guy, and they always seem to have multiple picks. Harris looks like a career special teamer to me.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Jamie Thomas in round 4 is very possible, imo. If you want Thomas or Vazqez, you have to take them there or risk trading down and them not being there. Those two guys will be more valued by teams like Dallas and Philadelphia, ect... Thomas' athleticism opens more doors for him, too.

Thomas has long arms, and he's athletic from a lateral standpoint.

Great pick. That's were I have him.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
I love it. I can see I least 5 of those guys contributing for next year. Love the Macho and Ellerbe picks.