Mock You Like a Hurricane

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
We've had rain in Tucson. It's actually cold. High in the 50's. For all of you who live where it gets cold, shut up. I'm freezing my royal trash off.

:D

I feel like the top 2 picks need to be potential starters right away.

Comments always welcome.

1. Jared Odrick, DE, Penn State, 6'5", 305. We have 3 FA DEs and I doubt we keep all 3. Odrick plays in a 3-4 scheme and is has a top notch motor. He can start if we lose Spears or be groomed for a couple of years. Will pressure the QB because he plays in the opponents backfield.

2. Mike Johnson, OG, Alabama, 6'6", 305. If we can't get Odrick I think we take Iupati in the 1st. Either way Kosier needs to be the top interior backup and the OL mentor. It is clear his body is breaking down and we need huge beef inside.

3. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB, IUP, 6'1", 200. He is quickly becoming my pet cat because of his return skills. If we take Iupati in the 1st another Bama product Javier Arenas might be the choice in the 2nd because he can be the return man and CB depth. He is top value for our needs. I consider the Return game a serious need for upgrade. Perhaps our most serious need.

4. Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale, 6'8", 325. This is a small school gamble pick on an athletic freak. Exactly the kind of risks that pay off huge and this guy defines huge. Jason Fox of Miami is dropping on draft boards due to medical concerns. He would be another candidate.

6. John Estes, C, Hawaii, 6'2", 300.
Reminds me of Kevin Mawae. Plays mad as hell and fills a need for the Cowboys as far as OL depth. The only Center I like better is Olsen from Notre Dame whom I would gladly take in the 4th if we pass on OT.

7. Naaman Roosevelt, WR, Buffalo, 6'0", 190. Jerry can say we aren't looking at WR, but I don't buy it. For the last 2 years this guy's production is off the charts. He fits the bill of a 3rd WR perfectly. I can see a future of him, Ogletree and Austin and I like it.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Wouldn't be upset with it.

Not sure about taking a 3-4 DE in the 1st.

And I think Veldheer will become last years Vollmer. Small school OT that shot up the boards(taken in the 2nd by the Pats last year)

Woods

Reaction score
I like it, Hos.

What do you think of V Ducasse (sp?) from Conn by the way (as a 2nd rounder) for OG?

tko112204

Reaction score
I like that a lot. Especially if we lose 1 or 2 of the Spears/Hatcher/Bowen trio. Question though... Could Fox really fall to the 4th? If we got Iupati and Fox with Free already in the fold, that could alleviate a lot of the heartburn around here about the future of the OL.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I like your recent tendancies towards Ordick.

It warms my heart to see a PSU player getting Cowboy love. lol

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
We may be in for an unexciting draft (getting younger on the OL), but it's necessary.

Quality, not quantity should be the flavor this time around.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Woods;3251286 said:
I like it, Hos.

What do you think of V Ducasse (sp?) from Conn by the way (as a 2nd rounder) for OG?
Isn't he from UMass, not UConn?

He is huge, I know that. I was looking at him one of my last mocks. I am interested in seeing him at the Combines because I think he's on the invite list.

The Realist

Reaction score
Hostile;3251307 said:
Isn't he from UMass, not UConn?

He is huge, I know that. I was looking at him one of my last mocks. I am interested in seeing him at the Combines because I think he's on the invite list.

From Haiti, moved to Stamford, CT at 14. 5 mins down the road from me. Goes to UMass.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Avery;3251302 said:
We may be in for an unexciting draft (getting younger on the OL), but it's necessary.

Quality, not quantity should be the flavor this time around.
I actually would get very excited by OL depth.

McQuistan, Procter, Preston, and Holland leave me kind of flat.

Adams, Johnson or Iupati, Gurode, Davis, Columbo
Free, Kosier, Olsen or Estes, Brewster, Free

To me that is 10 OL I can get behind. I still like the Bright kid on the PS too.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Adams - 35
Kosier - 32
Gurode - 32
Davis - 32
Columbo - 32

That's the age of our OL this year. Out of our backups, Free is the only one I see with starting potential (I'll give Brewster a pass - for now).

We don't want to become the Commanders; we need to groom our OL future and this draft is the perfect time to do so with no glaring holes.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3251320 said:
Such a misleading title where are the hurricane players at ?
I mentioned Jason Fox, one of my pet cats. But he has health issues surfacing.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
There are several highly productive WRs in this year's draft

Naaman Roosevelt
Emmanuel Sanders
Jordan Shipley
Tim Toone
Freddie Barnes
Golden Tate
Mardy Gilyard
Antonio Brown

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Odrick and Olshankey at both end spots would be White Terror

Odrick is a bad[shut your mouth]

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3251573 said:
Odrick and Olshankey at both end spots would be White Terror

Odrick is a bad[shut your mouth]

White?

jared.jpg

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Hostile;3251274 said:
We've had rain in Tucson. It's actually cold. High in the 50's. For all of you who live where it gets cold, shut up. I'm freezing my royal trash off.

:D

I feel like the top 2 picks need to be potential starters right away.

Comments always welcome.

1. Jared Odrick, DE, Penn State, 6'5", 305. We have 3 FA DEs and I doubt we keep all 3. Odrick plays in a 3-4 scheme and is has a top notch motor. He can start if we lose Spears or be groomed for a couple of years. Will pressure the QB because he plays in the opponents backfield.

2. Mike Johnson, OG, Alabama, 6'6", 305. If we can't get Odrick I think we take Iupati in the 1st. Either way Kosier needs to be the top interior backup and the OL mentor. It is clear his body is breaking down and we need huge beef inside.

3. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB, IUP, 6'1", 200. He is quickly becoming my pet cat because of his return skills. If we take Iupati in the 1st another Bama product Javier Arenas might be the choice in the 2nd because he can be the return man and CB depth. He is top value for our needs. I consider the Return game a serious need for upgrade. Perhaps our most serious need.

4. Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale, 6'8", 325. This is a small school gamble pick on an athletic freak. Exactly the kind of risks that pay off huge and this guy defines huge. Jason Fox of Miami is dropping on draft boards due to medical concerns. He would be another candidate.

6. John Estes, C, Hawaii, 6'2", 300.
Reminds me of Kevin Mawae. Plays mad as hell and fills a need for the Cowboys as far as OL depth. The only Center I like better is Olsen from Notre Dame whom I would gladly take in the 4th if we pass on OT.

7. Naaman Roosevelt, WR, Buffalo, 6'0", 190. Jerry can say we aren't looking at WR, but I don't buy it. For the last 2 years this guy's production is off the charts. He fits the bill of a 3rd WR perfectly. I can see a future of him, Ogletree and Austin and I like it.

I like your strategy. And "Born on Sunday" was a nice find. Same for Veldheer. I love Iupati too, but here is how I would draft it:

1) Trade UP: S - Texas Earl Thomas (5'10 200 4.46) - Need a playmaker at this position

2) C/OG - Florida Maurkice Pouncey (6'5 315 5.4.80) - LOVE Hawaii's Estes but Pouncey fits our OL profile better

3) CB/KR - Akwasi "Born (to PLAY) on Sunday" Owusu-Ansah (6'1 205 4.48)

4) OT - Hillsdale Jared Veldheer (6'8 321 4.89) - guy is a freak

6) DE - South Carolina Clifton Geathers (6'7 285 4.89) - great genes

7) TE/OT - Army Alejandro Villanueva (6'9 290) - project, may not be available for a few years, but is intriguing

Randy White

Reaction score
Hostile;3251274 said:
2. Mike Johnson, OG, Alabama, 6'6", 305. If we can't get Odrick I think we take Iupati in the 1st. Either way Kosier needs to be the top interior backup and the OL mentor. It is clear his body is breaking down and we need huge beef inside. .

He caught my eye at the begining of the season. Excellent technique and has a mean streak. Love to get him in the 2nd round.

As far as the FA's DE, we should have no problems bringing back Bowens and Hatcher. If Spears salary demands gets out of hand, I have no problems saying goodbye to him either.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Great mock, Hos. AOA is my pet too. Guy is big, fast, versatile and productive.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Randy White;3251641 said:
He caught my eye at the begining of the season. Excellent technique and has a mean streak. Love to get him in the 2nd round.

As far as the FA's DE, we should have no problems bringing back Bowens and Hatcher. If Spears salary demands gets out of hand, I have no problems saying goodbye to him either.

Salary was the reason I put Spears on the gone list of my mock the other day. I figure he is going to go Canty on us. I cant blame him either. If someone is willing to throw huge amounts of money at him, I would not be upset if he took it. As long as he doesn't end up a Skin or Eagle, I am cool.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Cant we chicken tender all our DE's?

Id rather S/T round 1 and maybe Golden Tate b/c hes Golden Tate