Mocks around the Web

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
These were all updated as of 11/9/09

CBS Sports NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM
25. Dallas Cowboys
Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State: The Cowboys may struggle to keep starting DBs Terrence Newman and Gerald Sensabaugh in the fold once free agency hits. Dallas has shown a willingness to invest in raw athleticism in the past with Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick. Some scouts feel Robinson has Nnamdi Asomugha-like potential - and only needs time to develop.

FFToolbox.com
25. DAL: Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St.
Dallas would love it if Arrelious Benn or Brandon LaFell fell to them, but Dez Bryant is not a bad option either and is possibly the most talented receiver in this class. Cowboys, the NFL Cowboys not the Oklahoma State version, quarterback Tony Romo needs another weapon and Bryant could be that guy. Bryant has missed most of this season after lying to the NCAA and that will make his stock drop, but he will make up for it at the NFL combine and show everybody that he deserves to be a first rounder.

The Draft Shack
Pick - Team ------------------- Name ----------------- Position - College - Height- Weight- 40 Time
24 ---- Dallas Cowboys- DeAndre McDaniels* ----- S ------ Clemson ---6’1” ----- 210 ---- 4.40

THESPORTSBANK.net
20. Dallas Cowboys Arthur Jones DT Syracuse - Jones’ is a gap filler and is stronger than Atlas. He is in a Pat Williams type run stopper that will be look like a man amongst boys at times. He plays hard on every play and is of the rare breed of football players that will never quit on any play.

DraftAce.com
23. Brandon LaFell WR LSU - I believe its too soon to give up on Roy Williams, but its also too soon for the Cowboys to trust Miles Austin as their No. 1 receiver. Brandon LaFell isn't the flashiest receiver in college football, but he is as reliable as they come. He's a good route runner, has excellent hands and adequate speed. He reminds me a lot of another former LSU Tiger, Dwayne Bowe. Even if Williams and Austin continue to develop, adding LaFell as a third receiver would help open up the Cowboys offense.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
lol at Newman being a FA..wow..credibility lost for NFLDS. Kind of surprising.

And wow...Dez Bryant on the Cowboys...DISGUSTING!

They should just cancel the season if we get Dez Bryant. It wouldn't be fair.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2010_1.php

21 Dallas Cowboys: Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
rd 2 Dallas Cowboys: Chad Jones, FS, LSU
rd 3 84 Dallas Cowboys: Micah Johnson, ILB, Kentucky

like the last two - esp MIcah Johnson - not so much the FS
I think we have gotten soilid play from our S's plus we got Ball
I rather have NT Boo Robinsin

http://www.drafttek.com/round12010.asp

21 OT Charles Brown
53 FS Darrelll Stuckey

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

DALLAS COWBOYS: TERRENCE CODY, DT, ALABAMA

At first glance the Cowboys don’t appear to have any major, glaring holes on their depth chart. This is especially true after the emergence of Miles Austin at wide receiver. With that being the case one must look ahead and forecast future problem areas and their defensive line stands out above the rest. Even though he’s done an admirable job Jay Ratliff has never been an ideal fit at nose tackle in a 3-4 scheme and with Marcus Spears set to become a free agent next offseason the Cowboys might have to bring in some reinforcements. Alabama’s Terrence “Mount” Cody is a 6-5, 365 pound load in the middle and even though he is strictly a one-dimensional run-stopper he has the ability to be absolutely dominant in that capacity. There are serious concerns about Cody’s conditioning and he won’t be a fit for everyone but with so many teams now featuring a “30” front it’s hard to imagine him getting out of the first round next April. With Cody at nose tackle Dallas could kick Ratliff back outside to his more natural position at defensive end. The Cowboys could still use some more offensive line depth too, especially at tackle, but after recently giving both Flozell Adams and Marc Colombo sizeable new contracts that probably isn't a 1st Round priority.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
There's so many ways we can go in the first round.

Mount Cody
Anthony Davis
Dez Bryant
Brandon Spikes
Rolnd McClain
Mike Iupati

I wouldn't be upset if we picked any of those. Love this draft class.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3069885 said:
There's so many ways we can go in the first round.

Mount Cody
Anthony Davis
Dez Bryant
Brandon Spikes
Rolnd McClain
Mike Iupati

I wouldn't be upset if we picked any of those. Love this draft class.

Which is why it still bugs me about takeing 12 players in this last draft. Especially with all the tradeing down we did, and every man and his dog knowing that this next draft is supposed to be very deep ! ! !

The Realist

Reaction score
Odds of us being there to take someone in first round......not very good.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
kiheikiwi;3069959 said:
Which is why it still bugs me about takeing 12 players in this last draft. Especially with all the tradeing down we did, and every man and his dog knowing that this next draft is supposed to be very deep ! ! !

Well you can make the argument that Jerry essentially "loaded up" on special teamers and bodies this year so that in 2010 he can only draft 3-4 high quality players by trading those picks to move up.

Keep in mind that Brandon Williams,Jason Williams,Robert Brewster and Stephen Hodge are basically players drafted in 2010.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3070011 said:
Keep in mind that Brandon Williams,Jason Williams,Robert Brewster and Stephen Hodge are basically players drafted in 2010.

Add Michael Hamlin to that list. Like Jason Williams, Hamlin has and is going to continue to see a lot of Game Day Inactives this year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We wont take a receiver in the 1st round unless we somehow lose Austin to Free Agency.

RS12

Reaction score
THESPORTSBANK.net
20. Dallas Cowboys Arthur Jones DT Syracuse - Jones’ is a gap filler and is stronger than Atlas. He is in a Pat Williams type run stopper that will be look like a man amongst boys at times. He plays hard on every play and is of the rare breed of football players that will never quit on any play.

Would not be upset at all with this pick. The guy can flat out play. Gets no ink on a bad team.

BS Sports NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM
25. Dallas Cowboys
Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State: The Cowboys may struggle to keep starting DBs Terrence Newman and Gerald Sensabaugh in the fold once free agency hits. Dallas has shown a willingness to invest in raw athleticism in the past with Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick. Some scouts feel Robinson has Nnamdi Asomugha-like potential - and only needs time to develop.

Can never have enough quality corners.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Y'know, it wouldn't be a draft that really addressed the most pressing team needs, but Cody, Bryant or Robinson in the 1st (in that order), Stuckey, Chad Jones or Arthur Jones in the 2nd (again, in that order), and Johnson in the 3rd would be a pretty solid draft...

Cody's weight and relative lack of quickness scare me some, but it would be nice to have a Pat Williams type clogging the middle... the Boys' WR corps is good enough now IMO, but Bryant is very good... add him to the mix, and we just might have the best WR corps in the league... and while I'm comfortable with our corners right now, Robinson is a talent, and could perhaps move to FS... he has the speed for the NFL game...

Stuckey and Chad Jones fit the Cowboys' profile for a safety, in that both could play either FS or SS... I like Chad's size, and he's had his moments as a punt returner... Arthur Jones is very strong and physical, so he plays bigger than his size, and he could play DE in the 3-4 if needed... obviously, if the Boys went with Cody in the first round, Arthur would be scratched from their draft board...

In the 3rd round, Micah Johnson intrigues me, even if he looks more like a pure 4-3 MLB... he's a real force against the run, and if he was paired with a very good cover WILB in the 3-4, he could make a good SILB...

It wouldn't be the way I would go in the first 3 rounds, but it would be a good draft...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
RS12;3070328 said:
Would not be upset at all with this pick. The guy can flat out play. Gets no ink on a bad team.

His downside is that he gets hurt...

A lot...