WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Associated Press

molly.jpg

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]Ringwald[/size][/font]

LOS ANGELES — Could it be time to put more candles on the cake?

Molly Ringwald said she's in discussions to make a sequel to Sixteen Candles, the 1984 movie about the obstacles and embarrassments a teen girl faces on her birthday.

The John Hughes film shot Ringwald to teen stardom but she has not appeared in a major role in many years. She said she's been appearing in theater, small TV and film parts and raising a daughter, now 1 1/2 .

Ringwald, 37, said she had been approached repeatedly about doing a sequel but recently read a script that she liked and wanted to star in the movie.

"I've turned it down for years. I couldn't see how it would work," she said Saturday. "Now, it seems right."

Ringwald was reunited Saturday at the MTV Movie Awards with three fellow The Breakfast Club cast members.

Appearing on stage with her were Anthony Michael Hall, Ally Sheedy and Paul Gleason, who played the principal in the 1985 Hughes movie about high school detention. Judd Nelson and Emilio Estevez didn't show, and Hall joked, "They're in Africa with Dave Chappelle."

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/headline/entertainment/3212911

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal said:
Say it ain't so.

Hughes set society back by a decade.
I luv'd that show. It appealed to my teen romanticism. Problem is how they could actually carry it over 20 years later. I luv'd the way it finished, real simple like. Not sure I wanna know what would happen next after they smooched on the dining room table.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
I luv'd that show. It appealed to my teen romanticism. Problem is how they could actually carry it over 20 years later. I luv'd the way it finished, real simple like. Not sure I wanna know what would happen next after they smooched on the dining room table.
Who cares about the romance. The geek and Duck made the movie. :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
Who cares about the romance. The geek and Duck made the movie. :D
I liked them too... :D

It was just a good movie to me. I still watch it now when it comes on.

Being that my b-day was often forgotten growing up (and it was around a holiday), I could totally appreciate her teen angst.

Duane

Reaction score
That was a great movie, all of Hughes' movies were very good in the 80's.

Christmas Vacation
Uncle Buck
The Great Outdoors
Planes, Trains & Automobiles
Some Kind of Wonderful
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Pretty in Pink
Weird Science
European Vacation
The Breakfast Club
Sixteen Candles
Vacation
Mr. Mom
Class Reunion

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Duane said:
That was a great movie, all of Hughes' movies were very good in the 80's.

Christmas Vacation
Uncle Buck
The Great Outdoors
Planes, Trains & Automobiles
Some Kind of Wonderful
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Pretty in Pink
Weird Science
European Vacation
The Breakfast Club
Sixteen Candles
Vacation
Mr. Mom
Class Reunion
You soo right, Duane. I enjoyed pretty much all of those.

Something funny, I was talking to a co-worker who's 24 awhile back and I made a joke about Ferris Bueller. You know when the teach says, "Bueller, Bueller." Anyway, she totally didn't get it. I was like how can you not have seen Ferris Bueller? Then of course I set myself up for this, "I'm not as old as you."

I didn't talk to her the rest of the day.:cool:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
You soo right, Duane. I enjoyed pretty much all of those.

Something funny, I was talking to a co-worker who's 24 awhile back and I made a joke about Ferris Bueller. You know when the teach says, "Bueller, Bueller." Anyway, she totally didn't get it. I was like how can you not have seen Ferris Bueller? Then of course I set myself up for this, "I'm not as old as you."

I didn't talk to her the rest of the day.:cool:

Man - being old must suck.

Seriously - on that whole list, I have seen all those. The only ones I liked were Uncle Buck, Ferris Bueller and Weird Science. And that last one is embarrassing.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Man - being old must suck.

Seriously - on that whole list, I have seen all those. The only ones I liked were Uncle Buck, Ferris Bueller and Weird Science. And that last one is embarrassing.

All the Vacations, Plane Trains and Automobiles, and The Great Outdoors were pretty good too.

I am sure that when scholars looks back at major negative impacts on society that Hughes will rank very high on the list. :rolleyes:

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
"planes, trains, and automobiles" was cool. i took my mom to see it. hilarious movie and it's kinda sentimental. she loved it.