News: 'Monday Night Football' preview: Six things to watch

morasp

Reaction score
'Monday Night Football' preview: Six things to watch

By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer
Published: Dec. 9, 2013 at 01:35 p.m.
Updated: Dec. 9, 2013 at 02:29 p.m.

The loser of tonight's "Monday Night Football" matchup is on the ropes.

With four games to go, the Dallas Cowboys (7-5) need a victory over the Chicago Bears in Soldier Field to keep pace with the surging Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC East.

A victory for the Bears would draw them even with the Detroit Lions in the North. Drop this tilt, and Chicago (6-6) tumbles into third place behind a Green Bay Packers team that's watching the skies for the return of Aaron Rodgers.

In a loaded NFC, I struggle to take Dallas or Chicago seriously in January, but if you want a primetime tilt with playoff implications -- look no further.

Here's what else we'll be watching on Monday night:

1. Fireworks are assured in a game that features two of the worst defenses around. Chicago's 386 yards allowed per game are the most by a Bears team since 1933. They've been serviceable against the pass, but opponents are gashing this defense on the ground. The Bears have allowed an outrageous 504 rushing yards over the past two weeks and 205 yards per game on the ground over their past six outings. It's a promising matchup for Dallas back DeMarco Murray.

The other Five: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ay-night-football-preview-six-things-to-watch

TTexasTT

Reaction score
Im watching for Romo to throw about 6TDs (all to witten) for my fantasy team.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
yes the cowboys only have one win against winning ball clubs, but of the 5 losses, 4 have been within reach or given away.
time for a big road win. continue to win, that solves everything…. continue to get better (oops, was I not supposed to say that last line?)

basstapp

Reaction score
Im good with that and forte has a career day, but the bears still lose :).

anava

Reaction score
'Monday Night Football' preview: Six things to watch

By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer
Published: Dec. 9, 2013 at 01:35 p.m.
Updated: Dec. 9, 2013 at 02:29 p.m.

The loser of tonight's "Monday Night Football" matchup is on the ropes.

With four games to go, the Dallas Cowboys (7-5) need a victory over the Chicago Bears in Soldier Field to keep pace with the surging Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC East.

A victory for the Bears would draw them even with the Detroit Lions in the North. Drop this tilt, and Chicago (6-6) tumbles into third place behind a Green Bay Packers team that's watching the skies for the return of Aaron Rodgers.

In a loaded NFC, I struggle to take Dallas or Chicago seriously in January, but if you want a primetime tilt with playoff implications -- look no further.

Here's what else we'll be watching on Monday night:

1. Fireworks are assured in a game that features two of the worst defenses around. Chicago's 386 yards allowed per game are the most by a Bears team since 1933. They've been serviceable against the pass, but opponents are gashing this defense on the ground. The Bears have allowed an outrageous 504 rushing yards over the past two weeks and 205 yards per game on the ground over their past six outings. It's a promising matchup for Dallas back DeMarco Murray.

The other Five: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ay-night-football-preview-six-things-to-watch

Another article giving Romo props for December games. Hopefully they commit to Murray and the run game.

Also, Sherlock starts back up 1/1, looking forward to it.

morasp

Reaction score
Another article giving Romo props for December games. Hopefully they commit to Murray and the run game.

Also, Sherlock starts back up 1/1, looking forward to it.

Love that show, I've watched the six episodes which are more like feature films multiple times.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I'm excited. Hate playing on MNF bc of the wait. Can we get a countdown clock somewhere? Lol. We're just 4 hours away now!