Monday Night Football: Steelers at Colts

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Anyone think the league might leave this game for a Hallmark Christmas Movie?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
They're allowed 14 padded practices during an 18 week season. When would they actually practice tackling? Clearly the NFL doesn't WANT good defensive play. Fantasy football nerds don't like it.

The Players Association doesn't want padded practices. The League agreed to it because it's cheaper than paying players more money.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
They're allowed 14 padded practices during an 18 week season. When would they actually practice tackling? Clearly the NFL doesn't WANT good defensive play. Fantasy football nerds don't like it.
I understand… but when did the NFL start saying don’t use your arms to tackle? I mean, you start doing that in peewee football.

Seems like no matter how many padded practices you have, you’d still use your arms instead of just putting a shoulder into the runner.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Another factor is they’re trying to limit injuries. Increasing concussions have been a major concern.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys have stated they will apply the Mercy Rule when playing the Indianapolis Colts this coming Sunday. Jerry Jones stated he will defer to the second half before bringing the team out to play.

Coach Saturday was not available for comment.

Las Vegas puts the over under for the first half at 6.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The Colts managed to beat Kansas City and barely lost to Philly… anything can happen, including a tough, hard fought game. I will say that if they play like this against Dallas… it won’t be close. They’ll have to do just about everything right to have a chance.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good players learn how to tackle in elementary school. Certainly by college, no?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The Players Association doesn't want padded practices. The League agreed to it because it's cheaper than paying players more money.
I think it had more to do with preventing injuries.