Monday Night Football: Steelers at Colts

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
When Ryan dove forward, he shouldn’t have been down until touched. It looks like he was much closer to the first down marker.
Yeah I thought the rule was if he dives head first he's not considered down till he's touched and if he slides its where the slide begins?

mldardy

Reaction score
Yeah I thought the rule was if he dives head first he's not considered down till he's touched and if he slides its where the slide begins?
I went back and replayed that play and paused it when his knee was down at the 26 yard line and first down yellow line was at the 23.5 yard line so he was about 3 yards short. When I unpaused it he bounced about another 1.5 yards but he was down at the 26. So it was the right spot.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I went back and replayed that play and paused it when his knee was down at the 26 yard line and first down yellow line was at the 23.5 yard line so he was about 3 yards short. When I unpaused it he bounced about another 1.5 yards but he was down at the 26. So it was the right spot.
Good post, thank you for clarifying

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
There's that newer rule that if a QB dives forward to "give himself up" you mark the spot where he starts to go down just like a slide but forward.
I wasn’t sure if it was just sliding feet first or not. I appreciate it man.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The Players Association doesn't want padded practices. The League agreed to it because it's cheaper than paying players more money.

Yeah the money keeps rolling in for both sides no matter how watered down the product gets.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Good players learn how to tackle in elementary school. Certainly by college, no?

Use it or lose it. I learned Algebra in junior high.. but after 40 plus years of not using it I doubt I could solve anything more complex than a quadratic equation. They don't practice it.. so they forget how. Imagine if receivers were only allowed to catch the ball one day a week and the rest of the time just has to run routes.. Think the drop rate wouldn't tick up? Maybe only let kickers kick one day a week.. PATs would suddenly become entertaining again.