Monday Night Football Sucks!

CowboyMark

Reaction score
How do you not have the Skins and the Cowboys on MNF.On top of that How The Hell did the Eagles get 3 MNF games.Then the Packers get 2 MNF games.What a joke. I can't wait for the epic matchup between the Cardinals and Bears.:confused:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Monday Night Football is the new Sunday Night Football.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
Yeah MNF will be painfull to watch this year. Aren't we scheduled for at least 6 nationally televised games this year? Not much to complain about there.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
CowboyMark said:
How do you not have the Skins and the Cowboys on MNF.On top of that How The Hell did the Eagles get 3 MNF games.Then the Packers get 2 MNF games.What a joke. I can't wait for the epic matchup between the Cardinals and Bears.:confused:

I agree about the Bears and Cards, but I believe someone just wants to show off Arizona's new stadium. Not that that's a great excuse, but I bet that has something to do with it.

CowboyMark

Reaction score
bobtheflob said:
Yeah MNF will be painfull to watch this year. Aren't we scheduled for at least 6 nationally televised games this year? Not much to complain about there.
One monday night game, thanksgiving game, and I believe 2 sunday night games. A team can have as much as 5 but not 6. But if anyone should have alot of nationally televised games it's the cowboys. I mean theyr'e America's Team for god's sake.

maxsports

Reaction score
One monday night game, thanksgiving game, and I believe 2 sunday night games. A team can have as much as 5 but not 6. But if anyone should have alot of nationally televised games it's the cowboys. I mean theyr'e America's Team for god's sake.

We do have 5 nationally televised games. 2 Sunday Night, 1 Monday Night,
Thanksgiving, 1 Saturday Night. And I think Xmas is nationally televised too.
I would prefer not to be on Monday night. ESPN is my least favorite for nightime football. Their analysts are the worst.

Reaction score
CowboyMark said:

Its all about the ratings. Since NBC will now be showing SNF and ESPN showing MNF. NBC is a free channel. While ESPN is only on paid cable or satellite. Believe it or not, a lot of the country still has millions of people who do not have cable. Since NBC is one of those free channels, more ratings. Hence the new flex scheduling for sunday;s games this season.

hooskins

Reaction score
But the whole concept of MNF is ruined by the ****ty games. I lovewatchin cool games on mon bc monday sucks, its the start of a new wk, back to work, etc. Now that is gone.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Bring back Frank Gifford and Dandy Don... I don't even care to hear the new schmuck crew... I just might listen to Brad Sham on the radio while I watch the game on good ol' ESPN... You can never go wrong listening to Sham on the radio.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
CowboyMark said:

You're forgetting the game on Christmas.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
hooskins said:
But the whole concept of MNF is ruined by the ****ty games. I lovewatchin cool games on mon bc monday sucks, its the start of a new wk, back to work, etc. Now that is gone.

I agree. Having football on Monday night was a good way to stomach the new work week - I at least had a good game to look forward to. But I disagree that the concept of MNF is ruined. What used to be MNF will now be Sunday night Football (SNF), and what used to be SNF will now be MNF. The NFL made this switch because times are changing, and the potential for the league getting better ratings on Sunday night - provided that the matchups are good - is much better now vs. Monday noight. MNF will now be the secondary show, and it will still be announced by Theisman - who really belongs on a secondary show that few people have time (or the desire) to watch.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN said:
I agree. Having football on Monday night was a good way to stomach the new work week - I at least had a good game to look forward to. But I disagree that the concept of MNF is ruined. What used to be MNF will now be Sunday night Football (SNF), and what used to be SNF will now be MNF. The NFL made this switch because times are changing, and the potential for the league getting better ratings on Sunday night - provided that the matchups are good - is much better now vs. Monday noight. MNF will now be the secondary show, and it will still be announced by Theisman - who really belongs on a secondary show that few people have time (or the desire) to watch.

My only hope is that Kornheiser treats Theisman like he treats Wilbon. Ribbing him alll the time. That might make semi-bearable to watch. They should let the viewers mute specific mics. I could live with Tirico and Kornheiser:D Be gentle

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
oh well. at least i can watch WWE monday night raw without missin anything in the NFL. git r done!

Mentos

Reaction score
I'll still watch it all the same. So the games might not feature the best teams, but in recent years there were lots of teams that turned out to be bad on MNF like the Jets, Falcons, and Eagles last year. I betcha the MNF games in 2006 will be worth watching most weeks. I know I'll be getting drunk and eating pork rinds while watching as always.