Monkey Wrench

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Lets throw the monkey wrench in pot even though the season isn't over.

Lets fire Wade Phillips, hire Mike Holmgren, re-hire Wade as DC, and then hire Norv Turner as the OC, demote Garrett to QB coach. Then, put word out on the streets that when Dennis Thurman's contract expires Jerry is willing to throw lots of cash his way for him to become the DB coach. Not sure what to do with Campo, but we should keep him as while he isn't a leader, he is a good coach. Hang on to Houck, while the line has had trouble this year, there is zero question that this guy is one the the best in the business and has been for years. I think he just needs more time with these guys.

Whatcha say? :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
nyc;2518498 said:

Lets fire Wade Phillips, hire Mike Holmgren, re-hire Wade as DC, and then hire Norv Turner as the OC, demote Garrett to QB coach. Then, put word out on the streets that when Dennis Thurman's contract expires Jerry is willing to throw lots of cash his way for him to become the DB coach. Not sure what to do with Campo, but we should keep him as while he isn't a leader, he is a good coach. Hang on to Houck, while the line has had trouble this year, there is zero question that this guy is one the the best in the business and has been for years. I think he just needs more time with these guys.

I say you been hitting the egg nog early. :lmao:

grp05

Reaction score
Have there been other times when a head coach has accepted a demotion?

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Is Todd Grantham going to get any credit for the improvement on Ratliff after last season? Rat was good but the man is a ProBowler now!

TG should replace BS as the DCoordinator, IMO!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
grp05;2518507 said:

Thats why I said FIRE him then rehire him. It's not a demotion if you do it that way! ;)

JBS

Reaction score
after seeing what norv turner has done with philip rivers - I am a FIRM believer that he is what tony romo needs to take his game to the next level.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
joshjwc9;2518513 said:
Is Todd Grantham going to get any credit for the improvement on Ratliff after last season? Rat was good but the man is a ProBowler now!

I actually though about him while creating the thread. I'm not sure what real impact he has had. It was pretty bad early on on the dline. Of course Ware and Rat were always playing well. Did he do that, or was Rat just getting better ib his own and then Wade making the entire defense become better?

I won't take credit from him, but I'm not ready to say he made a big impact either.

yimyammer

Reaction score
grp05;2518507 said:

These are tough economic times, a lot of people would love to have this option.

What else is Wade going to do anyway? Does anyone really think he'll get hired again as a head coach? He may not like it, but sometimes you gotta eat crow or get forced to eat scraps

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
nyc;2518498 said:

If Wade Phillips accepts a position as a DC with the Cowboys after being fired as the Head Coach, I will not only eat my hat, I will sprinkle it with Andre Gurode's buttsweat, dip it in a vat of long-lost leftover chili from the original Texas Stadium opening celebration, and smear it with the residue of Terrell Owens' "That's my Quarterback" tears before swallowing it whole.

fortdick

Reaction score
Shinywalrus;2518545 said:
If Wade Phillips accepts a position as a DC with the Cowboys after being fired as the Head Coach, I will not only eat my hat, I will sprinkle it with Andre Gurode's buttsweat, dip it in a vat of long-lost leftover chili from the original Texas Stadium opening celebration, and smear it with the residue of Terrell Owens' "That's my Quarterback" tears before swallowing it whole.

:ralph:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
There may be others but Campo is the only coach I know of that has been fired as a head coach and then returned to a lesser role.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;2518498 said:

Well...I have to call you out on Not throwing in Coach Joe or some other special teams coach in there to replace Bruce Read.

:D

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2518580 said:
Well...I have to call you out on Not throwing in Coach Joe or some other special teams coach in there to replace Bruce Read.

:D

I'm not sure I hire Joe for that job, (well maybe) but there is no question Read would be the first guy out the door.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;2518602 said:
I'm not sure I hire Joe for that job, (well maybe) but there is no question Read would be the first guy out the door.

No Coach Joe means No flux capacitor. We need the flux capacitor so we can go back in time to where our ST's were good.

:p:

DallasDomination

Reaction score
nyc;2518498 said:

If that could happen I would be ll over it...What a coaching staff.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2518610 said:
No Coach Joe means No flux capacitor. We need the flux capacitor so we can go back in time to where our ST's were good.

:p:

What I find the most odd is nobody seem to notice that I wanted Dennis Thurman as our DB coach. I think that would be the best hire of all coaches that I listed.

ETex

Reaction score
I only have one coaching change for ya......

BRING BACK DAVID LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Romo sure misses him) :(

oh and fire Read. That's a given