Montrae Holland

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was really impressed and grateful for his performance today. I admittedly am not an Xs and Os kind of fan, but even I recognized the holes he was opening up out there. I hope this O-line continues to gel and be a strength during the stretch drive.

Jake0

Reaction score
He may even be better than Kosier? I know lots of people (including me) have been asking for a bruiser rather than a puller at LG for ages now, maybe we'll get what we were looking for. Anyway, pretty obvious sticking anybody in would be better than Proctor who was worse than Rivera after his 12th back surgery.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
I'll take Kosier over Holland still.

Running game is still better with Kosier in there.

Reaction score
ajk23az;2447754 said:
I'll take Kosier over Holland still.

Running game is still better with Kosier in there.

Quite dissappoinyed that Prcotor didn't get in...freekin' waste of size. Great job Montrae!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I noticed a few plays where he knocked the initial defender away and was hitting another guy in the second level pretty quickly.

Have not noticed that much with Kosier or proctor, but to be fair I was trying to keep an eye on Holland in the first just to see how he was doing.

cowboyz

Reaction score
did anyone see him pull?

didn't see that.

he played very well, until they jinxed him with praise

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;2447771 said:
I noticed a few plays where he knocked the initial defender away and was hitting another guy in the second level pretty quickly.

Have not noticed that much with Kosier or proctor, but to be fair I was trying to keep an eye on Holland in the first just to see how he was doing.
Me too.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
He played well today. The line kept Romo clean for most of the day.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Don't mean to be a party-pooper guys, but remember, this is the Seattle DL we are talking about here. We are going to have to be extra dominant with the Steelers next week.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2447807 said:
You could also say that Romo kept himself clean at times.

True, he looks to be getting back to being himself. Not trying to be Brady.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
STAR GAZER;2447800 said:
Don't mean to be a party-pooper guys, but remember, this is the Seattle DL we are talking about here. We are going to have to be extra dominant with the Steelers next week.

Very good point. Very different teams, about the opposite side of the spectrum when it comes to defense.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Among all the Thanksgivng festivities it was hard for me to see what kind of job Holland did today. From what I could tell it appeard there was better overall performance then when Procter was in there. Therefore I'm interested in Vela's take when he breaks down the film.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
cowboyz;2447774 said:
did anyone see him pull?

didn't see that.

he played very well, until they jinxed him with praise
Yep. Saw it on one play. I remember it because it surprised me. He looked okay at it.

Like others have noted, I'm not an Xs and Os fan but I do have a DVR so I was rewinding plays here and there to watch him and he looked pretty damn effective. He had a great block on Barber's 2-yard TD.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2447800 said:
Yeah. I really liked what I saw but this is an excellent point.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Big boy held it down today. Our line has a tendency to play really well when Kosier is in though. But he was an upgrade over Proctor today for certain.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2447766 said:
Quite dissappoinyed that Prcotor didn't get in...freekin' waste of size. Great job Montrae!

Why? I'm glad that we didn't have a turnstyle out there at LG.