Montrae Holland

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2447800 said:
Don't mean to be a party-pooper guys, but remember, this is the Seattle DL we are talking about here. We are going to have to be extra dominant with the Steelers next week.

You are right, but it is also his first game in a new scheme. Better he looked good than bad.

BigBoy63

Reaction score
I've been a Holland fan since we brought him in. And like i said all along when kosier was injured that Holland should play not Procter. Its about time and i knew he would do well.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Achozen;2447882 said:
I think you've posted enough threads for one day...

:D

Wow. You have like 4000 posts, and this is the first time I've ever noticed one of yours. :rolleyes:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Seattle does have a decent pass rush. Going into today, they had 26 sacks and ranked 9th in the league.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
AtomicDog;2448518 said:
Wow. You have like 4000 posts, and this is the first time I've ever noticed one of yours. :rolleyes:

He's a stealth poster... you can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2447766 said:
Quite dissappoinyed that Prcotor didn't get in...freekin' waste of size. Great job Montrae!

3 words..........HOOKED ON PHONICS

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I remember seeing him on the first play of the game and then I forgot to watch for him. In that regard he played great that I never noticed he was in the game!

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I was very pleased with his performance. No one got threw the line really today, adn Romo had all day to throw. I deffinetly like how he was getting up into the secondary on some run plays.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Usually you only notice a particular O lineman when he screws up. So not being noticed is a pretty good thing actually.

Spectre

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2447717 said:
I was really impressed and grateful for his performance today. I admittedly am not an Xs and Os kind of fan, but even I recognized the holes he was opening up out there. I hope this O-line continues to gel and be a strength during the stretch drive.
I agree.
He looked good and looked like a force inside.
He makes the line larger and more imposing.

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2447800 said:
Don't mean to be a party-pooper guys, but remember, this is the Seattle DL we are talking about here. We are going to have to be extra dominant with the Steelers next week.
seattle is one of the top teams in sacks and qb pressures this season

thats one thing their d has done well

dfense

Reaction score
I watched the game at the relatives for the Holiday but DVR'd it and watched it again late last night, concentrating on Holland. He's a BIG upgrade over Proctor.

Proctor was only good for one punch and his guy was bye him. Holland locked onto his man and the play was over. He stoned the DT on one pass rush and then bent him back til his helmet almost touched his heels.

He also seemed very aware of his space and assignments, helping with double teams at times. I didn't see him get beat.

I came away satisfied with his ability.

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2447771 said:
I noticed a few plays where he knocked the initial defender away and was hitting another guy in the second level pretty quickly.

Have not noticed that much with Kosier or proctor, but to be fair I was trying to keep an eye on Holland in the first just to see how he was doing.

i noticed this also. he did a good job getting to the second level. doing this against the seahawks vs teams we play in december are different things, tho...

notherbob

Reaction score
At the beginning of the game I decided to watch Holland more than I usually watch the big men at work and while I didn't watch him every play, all the times I did watch him, he was taking care of business pretty good, both on runs and in pass blocking.

I think Proctor is going to have to invest in a good pair of tweezers and a good friend to help him get the bench splinters out of his butt for the rest of the season. He may have some good potential for the future but that future isn't here yet.

Bizwah

Reaction score
There was one play that he totally guessed wrong on the blitz.

I think it was the fourth quarter. We had the ball in the redzone, it was third and three...I think...third and short. Anyway, Romo got the ball and threw it away almost immediately. I wondered what in the world happened.

Well, a Seattle blitzer just went right around him. Holland totally whiffed. Romo had no where to go.

From the latter part of the second quarter through the rest of the game, there were times Romo was feeling the heat. I don't know if this was due to Holladn or not.

Over all, our OL had a decent game pass protecting. I'm still bothered by the fact our running game is inconsistent.