Moons of Mars

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I heard about this a few years ago, and thought it was cool, but 2 days ago I heard it being talked about on another podcast. I didn't research it on my own. I google searched and I am linking the first thing I saw, but I was curious if anyone has heard about it or researched it.

2 parts- first part about the names of mars moons, 2nd part about our sky has changed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moons_of_Mars

Mars 2 moons are called Phobos and Deimos, and it was the end of the 1800s that we had the telescope to see them. The podcast I listened to was linking writing and beliefs far earlier than the late 1800s with references to mars's 2 moons and writings about the abnormal movement of mars and close proximity to earth.

Here are a few:

-Voltaire-short story 1752
-Swift with Gullivers Traveles -1726
-Homer Illiad- 700 B.C.
Ovidus Metamorphus- talks about Mars behaving differently than it does now, being much closer to earth, and providing illumination -8th century roman poet
-Epic of Gilgamesh talks about the irregular movement of mars causing the flood, and strange fire being produced between the close proximity of mars and the moon (both look like they have damage to them.)
-Pagan writers talking about mars shine like it is moonshine
-The Bible talks about the stars being entities or being moved by entities, about them disobeying, and changing their courses, talks about them moving or standing still

Has anyone looked into either of these concepts?
Does anyone think the 2 moons of mars could have been discovered far earlier than the current invention of telescope that allowed us to see the moons?
Do you think the sky has changed in our past, or that Mars has come close to earth?

Last edited:

gtb1943

Reaction score
Mars God of War

probably has to do with that rather than anything anyone saw in the sky

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Mars God of War

probably has to do with that rather than anything anyone saw in the sky
From my understanding the frist part of that is right. I call it pagan but whatever you want to call them, they used to worship gods or the offspring of those gods, and they are related to the heavens. Mars God of War is Aeries, and it is Aeries 2 steeds in the Illiad by Homer. that the names for the moons come from. The connection is that the aeris is being pulled by his 2 steeds or mars and its 2 moons, and that is how they were named.

It is like Venus, whose path or appearance in the sky looks like horns. Venus is associated with lucifer the lightbringer. The main reference from the Bble for lucifer is that he is the lightbringer and the son of mourning(a chimera). The word mourning is translation in english from Shakhar in hebrew (an entity with wings.) Like Mars's asscociation with aeris and the worship between the 2, Shakhars son lucifer, and the connection to Venus is refrenced with the entity and horns. The reference throughout history is big on this one especially the horns, lucy in the sky, etc

From what I have heard in these old writings and beliefs, there is connections to both the object in the sky and as an entity, and a blending when they are talked about.

Last edited:

Hardline

Reaction score
I heard about this a few years ago, and thought it was cool, but 2 days ago I heard it being talked about on another podcast. I didn't research it on my own. I google searched and I am linking the first thing I saw, but I was curious if anyone has heard about it or researched it.

2 parts- first part about the names of mars moons, 2nd part about our sky has changed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moons_of_Mars

Mars 2 moons are called Phobos and Deimos, and it was the end of the 1800s that we had the telescope to see them. The podcast I listened to was linking writing and beliefs far earlier than the late 1800s with references to mars's 2 moons and writings about the abnormal movement of mars and close proximity to earth.

Here are a few:

-Voltaire-short story 1752
-Swift with Gullivers Traveles -1726
-Homer Illiad- 700 B.C.
Ovidus Metamorphus- talks about Mars behaving differently than it does now, being much closer to earth, and providing illumination -8th century roman poet
-Epic of Gilgamesh talks about the irregular movement of mars causing the flood, and strange fire being produced between the close proximity of mars and the moon (both look like they have damage to them.)
-Pagan writers talking about mars shine like it is moonshine
-The Bible talks about the stars being entities or being moved by entities, about them disobeying, and changing their courses, talks about them moving or standing still

Has anyone looked into either of these concepts?
Does anyone think the 2 moons of mars could have been discovered far earlier than the current invention of telescope that allowed us to see the moons?
Do you think the sky has changed in our past, or that Mars has come close to earth?
What's the name of that podcast?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
What's the name of that podcast?
I thought you already knew everything I knew because you had studied it. I guess the name of the podcast wasn't in there, haha.

The first pocast I listened to about it, I do not remember. I listen to a lot of stuff and it was years ago.

This was the one a few days ago.

i didn't go into it but the references to cleopatra, mark anthony, herrod, and the other romans, but it is pretty cool. They show all the books, pages, illustrations as refrences, and the man who is speaking, his library is awesome.

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
From my understanding the frist part of that is right. I call it pagan but whatever you want to call them, they used to worship gods or the offspring of those gods, and they are related to the heavens. Mars God of War is Aeries, and it is Aeries 2 steeds in the Illiad by Homer. that the names for the moons come from. The connection is that the aeris is being pulled by his 2 steeds or mars and its 2 moons, and that is how they were named.

It is like Venus, whose path or appearance in the sky looks like horns. Venus is associated with lucifer the lightbringer. The main reference from the Bble for lucifer is that he is the lightbringer and the son of mourning(a chimera). The word mourning is translation in english from Shakhar in hebrew (an entity with wings.) Like Mars's asscociation with aeris and the worship between the 2, Shakhars son lucifer, and the connection to Venus is refrenced with the entity and horns. The reference throughout history is big on this one especially the horns, lucy in the sky, etc

From what I have heard in these old writings and beliefs, there is connections to both the object in the sky and as an entity, and a blending when they are talked about.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...g-life-actresss-latest-bizarre-outbursts.html

"Emma Watson's tribute to Saturn in an Instagram post to mark her 33rd birthday is the latest in a series of bizarre statements." "The Harry Potter star said she 'learned more about love and being a woman' over the last year thanks to 'Saturn Return', an astrological transit that occurs when the planet returns to the same longitude it occupied at the moment of a person's birth. "

It is a very interesting comment to make on her 33rd birthday
Saturn is related to Kush or Osiris, who was the father of Nimrod and founded cities in egypt sudan area.