Moore is possibly a good coach

Ebnorice

Reaction score
Moore was essentially a QB coach when he was a “backup” Qb.

Lets be real he wasn’t here to sling the rock around or at any point really step foot on the field at QB.

If he didn’t hurt himself the year he and tony got hurt he would of been surpassed by dak or a vet would of been brought in.

Dude is insanely football savey. He has the brain of a Payton Manning. (If you watched Boise state when he was qb) ice water vained like time brady) and a football body that couldn’t make a high school kicker envious.

I won’t love the hire. But it’s not because he is a potentially bad coach.

I won’t love the hire because Dak doesn’t have the mind of a Peyton Manning. He isn’t a statue like Tom brady.

Dak has the wheels of a cam newton. The body of a cam newton. Many similar strengths to a can newton. Dak a little smarter and much more tolerable personality wise imo. Where as cam can just huck it unlike I’ve ever seen.

My point is I think kellan Could be a good coach. I just don’t think he is the right coach for Dak.

This from a man who has been on the blue turf many many times. And has met kellan a few times.

Lets hope I’m wrong about him being just a good coach and he ends up being a incredible coach who can teach any type of QB and run a creative innovative offense like we had here at home.

Please football gods let him be the next Mcvay everyone is looking for.

Ebnorice

Reaction score
I think the issue is he’s not qualified nor is anyone else on the offensive coaching staff qualified to run a whole nfl offense

Moore might can do the job but he doesn’t need to get his start here
Yeah I hear that entirely. Lets hope he ends up a Mcvay

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yeah I hear that entirely. Lets hope he ends up a Mcvay
This team does not have the time to hope that Moore ends up the next McVay.
Why as a fan base have we accepted a developmental program for this coaching staff.
Contracts for actual talent, that actually play on Sundays run out.
They, the player count against the cap, not the staff.
Why is this so hard to figure out?

Ebnorice

Reaction score
Why as a fan base have we accepted a developmental program for this coaching staff.
I’m not happy either. Just trying to think of the possible positives

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think the issue is he’s not qualified nor is anyone else on the offensive coaching staff qualified to run a whole nfl offense

You know what would happen, right? Moore would go work for a different team, bring them to the SB within 2 years, and everyone here would be screaming that our FO doesn't know talent, and are idiots for letting him go.
:flagwave:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The known McVay's are already taken. You either hire a retread or hire a potential.

JayFord

Reaction score
You know what would happen, right? Moore would go work for a different team, bring them to the SB within 2 years, and everyone here would be screaming that our FO doesn't know talent, and are idiots for letting him go.
:flagwave:

I’m willing to take my chances I don’t trust the process of development here

mattjames2010

Reaction score

What does this even mean? He spent 6 years in the NFL as a career backup picking the brain of multiple coaches and, while he didn't have the title, was pretty much a QB coach from 2015-2018.

Many coordinators in the NFL do not have the privilege to last 6 seasons in the NFL, they go undrafted and go straight back to where it all started in college in a small role which is why they need to work their way up.

Moore was KNOWN in college to have one of the brightest minds in football - again, this is not a secret and Moore wasn't some scrub at that level, he was a bit of a sensation at the time and helped make Boise St. far more relevant and one of the more dangerous teams - this didn't come from his football ability, but the fact he outsmarted college defenses.

I'm not entirely sure what would make him qualified - doe she need to be an assistant OC or something? Work with QBs for another 3-4 years? When does the qualifications start?

McVay worked with tight ends/WRs for a few years before being OC - about as much time as Moore has been around QBs and helped coach them up. Moore was never a dude brought in to be a stud at playing the game.

Eanwen

Reaction score
I would feel better if the Cowboys signed someone who had a track record of being a good innovative OC; instead we get a guy who has only one year of coaching at any level and we as fans have no idea what impact he had, and now he's a leading candidate for OC. I don't get it but I don't really know Kellen Moore and what he's thinking.

JayFord

Reaction score
What does this even mean? He spent 6 years in the NFL as a career backup picking the brain of multiple coaches and, while he didn't have the title, was pretty much a QB coach from 2015-2018.

Many coordinators in the NFL do not have the privilege to last 6 seasons in the NFL, they go undrafted and go straight back to where it all started in college in a small role which is why they need to work their way up.

Moore was KNOWN in college to have one of the brightest minds in football - again, this is not a secret and Moore wasn't some scrub at that level, he was a bit of a sensation at the time and helped make Boise St. far more relevant and one of the more dangerous teams - this didn't come from his football ability, but the fact he outsmarted college defenses.

I'm not entirely sure what would make him qualified - doe she need to be an assistant OC or something? Work with QBs for another 3-4 years? When does the qualifications start?

McVay worked with tight ends/WRs for a few years before being OC - about as much time as Moore has been around QBs and helped coach them up. Moore was never a dude brought in to be a stud at playing the game.

We have one of the worst offenses in the nfl.....Moore, Garrett and Linehan are not qualified to run a nfl offense right now

Could Kellen Moore turn out to be great? Yes he could ......

What I’m saying is I’m not qualified to be a toilet technician but I could be great at it because I’ve unclogged a backed up toilet full of #2 with my bare hands and I’ve also tied a shoppers bag between the hole and the flusher

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I would feel better if the Cowboys signed someone who had a track record of being a good innovative OC; instead we get a guy who has only one year of coaching at any level and we as fans have no idea what impact he had, and now he's a leading candidate for OC. I don't get it but I don't really know Kellen Moore and what he's thinking.
Or he's been a coach for a long time, just not in title. He knew he wasn't a starter in this league.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Moore was essentially a QB coach when he was a “backup” Qb.

Lets be real he wasn’t here to sling the rock around or at any point really step foot on the field at QB.

If he didn’t hurt himself the year he and tony got hurt he would of been surpassed by dak or a vet would of been brought in.

Dude is insanely football savey. He has the brain of a Payton Manning. (If you watched Boise state when he was qb) ice water vained like time brady) and a football body that couldn’t make a high school kicker envious.

I won’t love the hire. But it’s not because he is a potentially bad coach.

I won’t love the hire because Dak doesn’t have the mind of a Peyton Manning. He isn’t a statue like Tom brady.

Dak has the wheels of a cam newton. The body of a cam newton. Many similar strengths to a can newton. Dak a little smarter and much more tolerable personality wise imo. Where as cam can just huck it unlike I’ve ever seen.

My point is I think kellan Could be a good coach. I just don’t think he is the right coach for Dak.

This from a man who has been on the blue turf many many times. And has met kellan a few times.

Lets hope I’m wrong about him being just a good coach and he ends up being a incredible coach who can teach any type of QB and run a creative innovative offense like we had here at home.

Please football gods let him be the next Mcvay everyone is looking for.
I dont know what to think anymore...i just dont trust wisdom of cowboy coaches and FO sometimes

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The guy you want already has an OC job and is getting HC looks.