Moore on NO studying Boise tape

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did we expect Kellen to say "Oops, I screwed up" ?

Some people apparently did. They lap up whatever they get from this organization like a starving cat at a bowl of milk.

Just like Rod Marinelli admitted he got pantsed by the Rams last year as well, right?

"The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth" from this organization.

giphy.gif

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some people apparently did. They lap up whatever they get from this organization like a starving cat at a bowl of milk.

Just like Rod Marinelli admitted he got pantsed by the Rams last year as well, right?

"The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth" from this organization.

Moore didn't say he didn't make any mistakes, he only said they don't use the signals from Boise State, so the Saints didn't get signals from his Boise State days. I see no reason to believe that is a lie.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore didn't say he didn't make any mistakes, he only said they don't use the signals from Boise State, so the Saints didn't get signals from his Boise State days. I see no reason to believe that is a lie.

Everyone has the right to believe whatever they want to believe.

I know who has reason to cover things up - like a coach who may have gotten exposed. And victorious players with absolutely nothing to gain.

I'll hold my beliefs based on that, on believing those with something to hide and potentially embarrassing circumstances to downplay, versus those who won, with nothing to hide.

I'll support my beliefs with mounting evidence, from player in years past, to [player from last years playoffs, to players that shut us down this year. Add in comments from our very own players, and yeah, I'll believe that.

Cheerleaders can believe whatever they want to believe as well, and anything and everything this organization tells them.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone has the right to believe whatever they want to believe.

I know who has reason to cover things up - like a coach who may have gotten exposed. And victorious players with absolutely nothing to gain.

I'll hold my beliefs based on that, on believing those with something to hide and potentially embarrassing circumstances to downplay, versus those who won, with nothing to hide.

I'll support my beliefs with mounting evidence, from player in years past, to [player from last years playoffs, to players that shut us down this year. Add in comments from our very own players, and yeah, I'll believe that.

Cheerleaders can believe whatever they want to believe as well, and anything and everything this organization tells them.
You aren't making any sense. How could "players in years past" have been tipped off by the Cowboys using the Boise State signals before Moore was the OC, and even though neither Linehan or Garrett were ever associated with Boise State?

As for the present where that may have been possible, the reality is the Cowboys aren't running an identical offense to the Boise State offense, plus it would be easy for any Boise State football player from that era to determine if Moore was lying or not. Maybe there was something else tipping off the plays, but it really isn't logical to believe that was it.

The cheerleader comment is ridiculous. I don't know if you think silly insults strengthen what you are saying, but it's pretty juvenile. It doesn't even fit anyway. I have said all along that Moore didn't do a good job in the Saints game. I've never sugar coated that or indicated otherwise. All I'm doing now is saying we should step back from the soap opera / tabloid journal version of things, and use a little common sense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You aren't making any sense. How could "players in years past" have been tipped off by the Cowboys using the Boise State signals before Moore was the OC, and even though neither Linehan or Garrett were ever associated with Boise State?

It has nothing to do with "Boise signals" specifically, but this team being far too easy for opponents to diagnose. I hope you understand it now.

As for the present where that may have been possible, the reality is the Cowboys aren't running an identical offense to the Boise State offense, plus it would be easy for any Boise State football player from that era to determine if Moore was lying or not. Maybe there was something else tipping off the plays, but it really isn't logical to believe that was it.

You're trying to be far too specific here in what looks like a concerted effort to disregard the statements being made.

The cheerleader comment is ridiculous. I don't know if you think silly insults strengthen what you are saying, but it's pretty juvenile. It doesn't even fit anyway. I have said all along that Moore didn't do a good job in the Saints game. I've never sugar coated that or indicated otherwise. All I'm doing now is saying we should step back from the soap opera / tabloid journal version of things, and use a little common sense.

It was directed specifically at you, I'm sorry if you took it that way. It was a general statement to those who can't bring themselves to admit that there might be something to these repeated instances of people saying this team is easy to figure out and that they're being tipped off.

I hope this clears everything up for you.

Sydla

Reaction score

So then you must see a reason why the Saints are lying then.

What is that reason?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It has nothing to do with "Boise signals" specifically, but this team being far too easy for opponents to diagnose. I hope you understand it now.

You're trying to be far too specific here in what looks like a concerted effort to disregard the statements being made.

It was directed specifically at you, I'm sorry if you took it that way. It was a general statement to those who can't bring themselves to admit that there might be something to these repeated instances of people saying this team is easy to figure out and that they're being tipped off.

I hope this clears everything up for you.

All I pointed out was that Moore's comment was only about not using Boise State signals, and that he did not indicate he made no mistakes. You quoted me, so it is logical to believe you were responding to me, but what you wrote in response was outside the scope of what I said.

You say I'm being far too specific, so my question is how is it you feel you get to dictate what comments I choose to make, and then read whatever suits you into them? If I choose to address a specific point, isn't that my choice?

Same thing with Kellen Moore. Again, he only said they didn't use Boise State's signals, and you are now indicating you don't necessarily disagree with that, so how is it fair to accuse him of saying that to cover up his mistakes if you don't even disagree with what he said? And, again, he didn't say he didn't make any mistakes, he just said he didn't make that one.

As for the team being easy to figure out, without question that has been a problem in the past. I think some are being too hard on Kellen Moore though. That seemed to be a problem in one game out of the first 5, but the other 4 games our offense has been explosive, and really only need to clean up the mistakes (turnovers and penalties). If a Sean Payton offense can occasionally struggle to move the ball and score points, I think its fair to give Moore a little latitude after the game against the Saints. If a pattern eventually emerges like it did with Linehan, there will be plenty of time to see it and complain, but other than the Saints game it's been pretty obvious that the Cowboys are doing different things this year.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So then you must see a reason why the Saints are lying then.

What is that reason?
What I think is the media is blowing something up that may not have even been said, or that was said in jest or that someone may have only suggested happened without actually knowing. The media has a history of that, and they continue doing it because a large number of fans have a history of biting down on any hook dangled in front of them. Besides, the Cowboys aren’t running an offense identical to Boise State, so how could they have identical signals?

There really isn't nearly as much soap opera going on as fans like to think.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I think is the media is blowing something up that may not have even been said, or that was said in jest or that someone may have only suggested happened without actually knowing. The media has a history of that, and they continue doing it because a large number of fans have a history of biting down on any hook dangled in front of them.

There really isn't nearly as much soap opera going on as fans like to think.

I’ll correct my previous statement that gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I pointed out was that Moore's comment was only about not using Boise State signals, and that he did not indicate he made no mistakes. You quoted me, so it is logical to believe you were responding to me, but what you wrote in response was outside the scope of what I said.

You say I'm being far too specific, so my question is how is it you feel you get to dictate what comments I choose to make, and then read whatever suits you into them? If I choose to address a specific point, isn't that my choice?

Same thing with Kellen Moore. Again, he only said they didn't use Boise State's signals, and you are now indicating you don't necessarily disagree with that, so how is it fair to accuse him of saying that to cover up his mistakes if you don't even disagree with what he said? And, again, he didn't say he didn't make any mistakes, he just said he didn't make that one.

So your solution is to create ambiguity and grey area to hide in?

As for the team being easy to figure out, without question that has been a problem in the past. I think some are being too hard on Kellen Moore though. That seemed to be a problem in one game out of the first 5, but the other 4 games our offense has been explosive, and really only need to clean up the mistakes (turnovers and penalties). If a Sean Payton offense can occasionally struggle to move the ball and score points, I think its fair to give Moore a little latitude after the game against the Saints. If a pattern eventually emerges like it did with Linehan, there will be plenty of time to see it and complain, but other than the Saints game it's been pretty obvious that the Cowboys are doing different things this year.

And why was that?

Inexplicably as you choose to believe? Or explained by what numerous people have said as I believe?

Which is the more rational deduction here? It’s not hard.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Teams change their signals every week because opponents look for cues and pick up on them.

The Saints may have found something from old Boise State film but I doubt the Cowboys used the same hand signals. If so one of their earlier opponents would have picked up on it.

And since Dallas gained 563 yards against Green Bay, the Packers must have lost their Mountain West archives.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teams change their signals every week because opponents look for cues and pick up on them.

The Saints may have found something from old Boise State film but I doubt the Cowboys used the same hand signals. If so one of their earlier opponents would have picked up on it.

And since Dallas gained 563 yards against Green Bay, the Packers must have lost their Mountain West archives.

Not sure if you knew, but teams don’t freely share their information.

When the Rams know something, they don’t send league wide memos to the other 30 teams.

And the Saints didn’t either.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Not sure if you knew, but teams don’t freely share their information.

When the Rams know something, they don’t send league wide memos to the other 30 teams.

And the Saints didn’t either.
I do wonder why I hear/read this about the Cowboys more than any other team times ten...
Maybe it's that the Cowboys get ten times the coverage of other teams, but I cannot recall reading anything about how a team just knew what another team was going to do and manipulated them except for the Patriots who did the knowing and manipulating.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do wonder why I hear/read this about the Cowboys more than any other team times ten...
Maybe it's that the Cowboys get ten times the coverage of other teams, but I cannot recall reading anything about how a team just knew what another team was going to do and manipulated them except for the Patriots who did the knowing and manipulating.

That’s a big key for me as well. And something I’ve asked if those trying to deny it.

If it’s happening elsewhere not aware of it. if it’s common, I’d feel better.

But I see no evidence of that.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That’s a big key for me as well. And something I’ve asked if those trying to deny it.

If it’s happening elsewhere not aware of it. if it’s common, I’d feel better.

But I see no evidence of that.
I haven't even seen a player, or media tweet that some team "knew" the plays the Browns were going to run.
Or Miami.
Or... *gasp! The most dysfunctional team in the universe Commanders.

Maybe I've missed them all.
Mainly just the Cowboys.
It's just weird. I know they don't run a complicated D. I thought the O was getting more sophisticated.

Weird.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't even seen a player, or media tweet that some team "knew" the plays the Browns were going to run.
Or Miami.
Or... *gasp! The most dysfunctional team in the universe Commanders.

Maybe I've missed them all.
Mainly just the Cowboys.
It's just weird. I know they don't run a complicated D. I thought the O was getting more sophisticated.

Weird.

“Weird” is one way to describe it. “A huge detriment“ is how I describe it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Weird... Huge detriment...
Same thing in this context.
According to my reality.

“The way your head works is God’s own private mystery”

Or something like that.

Know that movie quote?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The point is that the Rams players made the same accusations about knowing what the Cowboys were doing defensively in that game.

That this incident with Saints players knowing what was coming isn't the first time it's been mentioned. Nor were the Rams players comments.

Opponents claiming that the Cowboys are easy to figure out aren't something knew and have been happening for years.
I think it's possible that the comments made by the Rams prompted these Saints players to jokingly make the claim. I haven't seen the interview, so I have no context other than the brief Twitter post, or whatever social media outlet is was...but that seems like a strong possibility to me.