Moose Johnston on ESPN radio

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by gdogg24, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,563 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Spot on Idgit. Sadly I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears. This post deserves it's own thread.

ringmaster and Idgit like this.
  2. gdogg24

gdogg24 Well-Known Member

842 Messages
    393 Likes Received
    It never made a whole lot of sense to me that a guy who played during that era didn't support that style of football. Considering that once they added three major pieces to the O-line and then there's a drastic change in the style of play, I think it supports that Garrett had an idea in mind that it took a while to implement.

ringmaster likes this.
  3. gdogg24

gdogg24 Well-Known Member

842 Messages
    393 Likes Received
    Great post

Idgit likes this.
  4. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

15,150 Messages
    18,329 Likes Received
    Oops. My reference to a 3-game winning streak was bad info I had seen previously.
    I had based that error on another article that stated it was Garret's first 3-game win streak. My bad.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  5. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

2,805 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    I remember the only games Garrett would call run plays excessively were after games he or Romo blew passing too much and losing a lead. Then every tv commentator, sports analyst and fan would be pounding on his head asking why he didn't do the obvious and run the ball to protect the lead. The other scenario would be Murry's YPC and how the run blocking was better than pass blocking but this team refused to run and would lose games as a result.

After being severely criticized he would get mad and act like a kid the next game running the ball even in situations that called for passes just to prove a point I guess. His feel for the fame is a lot better than mine but that ain't saying %%^*! The results we are seeing now are due to the OC telling Romo no more kill to a pass in short yardage and Garrett not being the play caller on either side of the ball.

All I know is that right now watching the other teams and what is happening here I have real hope that this team may have a decent shot and if the defense gets to just mediocre the playoffs are a reality so keep Garrett holding the clip board and Romo handing the ball off and I think we'll be ok.

Doomsay and Wolfpack like this.
  6. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

12,362 Messages
    4,175 Likes Received
    So the passing game coordinator using Garrett's playbook, after a weeks worth of game planning with Garrett and the OL and running game coordinator has all the power on Sunday?

Right....

Just when I thought I'd read the most idiotic thing ever on the internet we have a new challenger.

7. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

2,805 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    Oh I'm sorry Mr I don't remember this very board exploding everytime it happened, was my post so idiotic you just had to respond because you had nothing better to do or are you just one of those people that can't help it? And please make my death in your world just quick you've already caused pain having to read your useless drivel... Freaking internet Einstein.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.