Moral dilemma: Cure for breast and prostate cancer

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
You work for a bio engineering company. Your team comes up with a miracle cure for both breast cancer and prostate cancer. It's in its final testing phases, and you grow more and more excited about its release day by day. Not only does it have a 99% chance of curing these cancers, its release will probably turn you into a trillionaire. However, when the results of the test come back, you make a horrible discovery. While there's no doubt that this med will cure these cancers, it will turn one out of every 500 people who take it into a rabid Eagles fan who throws batteries at people. It's impossible to predict which people will meet such an awful fate. You're the only person at your company that knows this. If you keep your big, fat mouth shut, billions will be cured of these kind of cancers, and you'll become the world's first trillionaire. However, it will also create millions more Eagles fans, and really obnoxious ones who get all violent at games, throw batteries at people, and boo their number one draft choice. You'll have done a great deed for the world that makes you wildly rich, but you'll also create more of these monsters.
Therefore, your choices are as follows:
1. Keep your mouth shut and let the drug be released. You'll save billions of lives and get super rich. The world can survive having some more Eagles fans.
2. Nothing is worth inflicting the awful plague of more Eagles fans upon the world. You horrify your coworkers with your findings, thus shutting down any chance of the med getting released.
What is your choice?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You work for a bio engineering company. Your team comes up with a miracle cure for both breast cancer and prostate cancer. It's in its final testing phases, and you grow more and more excited about its release day by day. Not only does it have a 99% chance of curing these cancers, its release will probably turn you into a trillionaire. However, when the results of the test come back, you make a horrible discovery. While there's no doubt that this med will cure these cancers, it will turn one out of every 500 people who take it into a rabid Eagles fan who throws batteries at people. It's impossible to predict which people will meet such an awful fate. You're the only person at your company that knows this. If you keep your big, fat mouth shut, billions will be cured of these kind of cancers, and you'll become the world's first trillionaire. However, it will also create millions more Eagles fans, and really obnoxious ones who get all violent at games, throw batteries at people, and boo their number one draft choice. You'll have done a great deed for the world that makes you wildly rich, but you'll also create more of these monsters.
Therefore, your choices are as follows:
1. Keep your mouth shut and let the drug be released. You'll save billions of lives and get super rich. The world can survive having some more Eagles fans.
2. Nothing is worth inflicting the awful plague of more Eagles fans upon the world. You horrify your coworkers with your findings, thus shutting down any chance of the med getting released.
What is your choice?
Give the Eagles owner 20% to dissolve the team.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Do I need to read this right to left like manga to understand it?
I don't understand the question. It's simple: You can cure two forms of cancer at the cost of cursing the world with hoards of new Eagles fans. Do you do it or not?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Cure the cancers and buy the Eagles. That's my plan and I'm sticking with it. Rookie day for all Cowboys games unless it's the playoffs and then I rent Dak and Mike McCarthy.
Good plan. I'm stealing it and modifying it. I cure the cancers and buy the Eagles, just like you. However, I then move them to Omaha and rebrand them as the Omaha Apemen. No more Eagles.