Moral dilemma: Snotty woman in grocery store

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
You go to the grocery store because you need to pick up a pineapple, a carton of eggs, a jar of salsa, a pizza, and tube of hemorrhoidal ointment. At the store, you can't help but notice a smokin' hot gorgeous woman. (Or if you're a woman or a same-team man, it's a hot dude.) She's of the type who will make almost any man's hormones rage. She looks like a young Brigitte Bardot, and is wearing a low-cut blouse. However, you mind your own business and continue shopping.
When you get to the area with the eggs, you scan your choices. Then, suddenly, the hot woman is next to you, also looking over the eggs. She seems to be having a tough time deciding. You say to her while pointing at one of the choices, “I really like Uncle Jim-Bob's Eggs. They're locally raised and are the best money can buy.”
She responds with total rudeness. She scoffs and says, “No, I'm not going home with you. What makes you think I would ever want to jump into the hay with a goober like you?”
You're taken aback. You can't believe it, and you answer, “I was just talking about eggs, nothing more.”
“Yeah, right, she says. I did not give you my prior authorization to speak to me, so leave me alone, you stalker-creeper-loser-nut-job. Stop hassling me.”
You grab yourself a carton of Uncle Jim-Bob's Eggs, and walk away from her. As you gather the rest of your items, you occasionally see her still in the store, and you resist the urge to confront her and tell her off. “She's not worth the effort,” you tell yourself. So you get all your stuff and go to check out. She appears to be gone, thank goodness.
Then, when you're outside loading up all your purchases, you notice a purse on the ground. You're like, “holy crap,” and you pick it up and look inside. Inside is a wallet containing a huge amount of cash. It's got numerous fifty- and hundred-dollar-bills, probably adding up around three grand, maybe more. You realize that, if the wallet contains an ID, you'll be able to track the owner down and give her her purse back, including all the money. However, when you find the person's driver's license, guess who it is? Yup, it's the snotty and hateful woman who talked down to you in the store.
You think to yourself. You have all the info you need to return the money and purse to her. The address on her ID is close; it would take you all of 5 minutes to drive there. However, you notice there's no one else in the parking lot, and you know from a store employee friend of yours that their security cameras in the parking lot are broken. You could totally get away with pockteting all the money. What do you do?
1) Rude Karen or not, she's the rightful owner of the money. You take the purse, wallet, and money to her residence and hope that maybe she'll be polite this time.
2) She made her bed when she was so rude and snotty to you. You take her money, and throw her purse and wallet into a dumpster. You think of the money as her paying you back for being so awful to you.
3. From the contents of her wallet and purse, you have a good idea what her beliefs/leanings, are and which organizations she would like and which ones she would hate. You go to a bank and convert the cash into a bank check and send it as a donation to an organization that she would passionately HATE. You then mail her purse and empty wallet back to her with a note explaining, “You were rude to me in the grocery store, and I later found your purse in the parking lot. Here it is with your EMPTY wallet. I've donated your thousands of dollars to [name of organization she hates].”
Which of these three would you do, and why? Or is there something else you would do? Explain what you would do and why.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Take it to the police station and let them deal with the witch. Who knows what she'd accuse you of if you took it to her house?
That's a good point. Of course, the cops might steal ... I mean confiscate all her money via civil asset forfeiture laws. I should start another thread on this, but in much of the country, you could be taking a road trip, cash on hand, to make a big purchase, but if you get pulled over for a bad tail light, or for speeding, or whatever, and the cop can assume that the money is drug money and just take it. So I decide to buy a 1965 Fender Strat from some dude in Minneapolis, and so I'm driving there with 25K in a little duffel bag. If a cop dreams up some excuse to search your car and finds that, chances are he'll take it. So make sure you don't drive with a bunch of cash on you.
...d
Another option would be to turn it into the store, and give them her address. Let them contact her. I suppose it's possible that they could still the money, but I would trust them more than cops. So that's what I would do. Turn the purse, wallet, and all the money over to the store manager, and show them her info, and then let them handle her.
But you're right. With her hateful and hostile attitude, she would probably assume you stole it off her and then press charges.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
That's a good point. Of course, the cops might steal ... I mean confiscate all her money via civil asset forfeiture laws. I should start another thread on this, but in much of the country, you could be taking a road trip, cash on hand, to make a big purchase, but if you get pulled over for a bad tail light, or for speeding, or whatever, and the cop can assume that the money is drug money and just take it. So I decide to buy a 1965 Fender Strat from some dude in Minneapolis, and so I'm driving there with 25K in a little duffel bag. If a cop dreams up some excuse to search your car and finds that, chances are he'll take it. So make sure you don't drive with a bunch of cash on you.
...d
Another option would be to turn it into the store, and give them her address. Let them contact her. I suppose it's possible that they could still the money, but I would trust them more than cops. So that's what I would do. Turn the purse, wallet, and all the money over to the store manager, and show them her info, and then let them handle her.
But you're right. With her hateful and hostile attitude, she would probably assume you stole it off her and then press charges.
I meant "steal the money".

gtb1943

Reaction score
#3 appeals to me. Make her pay for her being such a bitca.

If no one makes her pay for it why would she ever want to change?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do you do?
1) Rude Karen or not, she's the rightful owner of the money. You take the purse, wallet, and money to her residence and hope that maybe she'll be polite this time.
2) She made her bed when she was so rude and snotty to you. You take her money, and throw her purse and wallet into a dumpster. You think of the money as her paying you back for being so awful to you.
3. From the contents of her wallet and purse, you have a good idea what her beliefs/leanings, are and which organizations she would like and which ones she would hate. You go to a bank and convert the cash into a bank check and send it as a donation to an organization that she would passionately HATE. You then mail her purse and empty wallet back to her with a note explaining, “You were rude to me in the grocery store, and I later found your purse in the parking lot. Here it is with your EMPTY wallet. I've donated your thousands of dollars to [name of organization she hates].”
Which of these three would you do, and why?
Answer: none of the above.

1. It is 2023. Karens shoot through their front door first and laugh later. Not being a good Samaritan to only end up dead.
  2. Money is money. Money is not trash. Throwing away money is against my religion.
  3. Donating someone else's money without permission and providing a written confession of the deed is a provable admission of intentional theft. Not driving myself straight to prison for any hot or cold Karen.
Or is there something else you would do? Explain what you would do and why.
The purse was discovered in the store parking lot. The store holds responsibility (if any) for returning lost property to its owner, who is also likely one of their customers. The store can decide what to do with the purse. I would hand the purse over to someone in the store. I could not care less what happens to the purse or its contents after that.

If I see Karen somewhere else at a later time and her personal disposition seems even more ornery than before, I will assume it had something to do with her purse and chuckle about it. I will chuckle loudly if she is near enough to hear me, just to piss her off even more.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Answer: none of the above.

1. It is 2023. Karens shoot through their front door first and laugh later. Not being a good Samaritan to only end up dead.
  2. Money is money. Money is not trash. Throwing away money is against my religion.
  3. Donating someone else's money without permission and providing a written confession of the deed is a provable admission of intentional theft. Not driving myself straight to prison for any hot or cold Karen.

The purse was discovered in the store parking lot. The store holds responsibility (if any) for returning lost property to its owner, who is also likely one of their customers. The store can decide what to do with the purse. I would hand the purse over to someone in the store. I could not care less what happens to the purse or its contents after that.

If I see Karen somewhere else at a later time and her personal disposition seems even more ornery than before, I will assume it had something to do with her purse and chuckle about it. I will chuckle loudly if she is near enough to hear me, just to piss her off even more.
I can see your point about the donation if you leave a paper trail. Donating the cash to them is a lot more easy to hide.
Pick an organization that has local donation places and just drop the money in but keep some for your expenses and thus the exact amount is not going to be obvious.
My point is that making the Karen suffer at least a little is good Karma for you.

joseephuss

Reaction score
It is commonly known that a pineapple is a sign that a person is into the swingers community. She probably saw that, which prompted her response.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
One of two things has happened here. Either she saw your hemorrhoidal cream and said "Uh uh, no puss filled arse bags for me", or she's a die hard brown egg eater. Either way you pocket the $, crap in her purse, and leave the whole mess in her mailbox. Then you head straight home and cook a pineapple pizza or some scrambled eggs with salsa. If this ever transpires in the produce section hit me back, I'll have some different advice. Lastly don't forget to roll your shopping cart back, only a real prick would leave his basket in the parking lot.

jsb357

Reaction score
Grocery store with a hot woman?
Must be one of the perks of living in a big city. :thumbup:

DZSierra

Reaction score
Leave it, and let the next person who finds it face an easier or harder moral dilemma :)

First though was to donate the money to charity, but that's still stealing.

Praxit

Reaction score
#2 Reason: It was fate, coincidence or synchronicity. That you would bump into someone like that.

Life is trying to teach her a lesson. And Yes, your the messenger..lol...

Take the money, give it to charity or someone in need.

Or hell with it. You wanted that Curved 37' inch PC monitor for gaming. Get it. Invest the rest into your kids college fund.

Lesson learned, I hope. ;)..

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
She didn't give you the time of day before. She would if you return the money & purse just give you a cold " Thank you" and close the door on you. Take the money " Finders Keepers". Give the rest of the purse to the grocery store.