Recap: More candid Hooker comments: DQ vs Zimm, 1 FA to sign

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Hooker is on a roll. :laugh: Candid stuff. Cliff note recaps below.

The only reason why these didn’t get as much press is because of the Micah Parsons controversy.

Hooker confirms what a lot of us are optimistic about with Zimm. No surprise he would sign CeeDee first. I think most of us realize he is our best FA-to-be.

Zimmer vs DQ. What is difference?
  • Coach’s job isn’t to bring a whole new system.
  • Certain way you have to coach certain guys. DQ was a player’s coach.
  • Zimmer meetings, he will talk beginning and then be quiet in position meetings. But he will talk you up on the field no matter who you are.
  • Zimmer will give you a chance but if you keep messing up, he will get someone else in there. If DQ couldn’t get something right, he was more player oriented, he would just try to level it down.
  • These past few weeks of OTAs you can tell the difference on the discipline we will have this year. We shot ourselves in the foot a lot last year. Jumping offsides. Missed tackles. Not holding gap correctly. I feel we will nail it down this year and be a better defense.

Which FA should Cowboys sign first?
  1. CeeDee Lamb - Shows up more than other guys have on team. Always a big play. CeeDee better W-L record than Jefferson.
  2. Dak Prescott - Doesn’t get enough credit how smart a player he is. Hard being that leader with as much tragedy as he’s been dealing with.
  3. Zach Martin - When he’s out there, different kind of confidence. Always a dawg.
  4. Micah Parsons - He hasn’t even scratched his surface. He’s a young dawg.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I don't want a player to come out all harsh, then simmer it down with "oh yeah man he's a great player for us, he's young, he's this and that!"

I just read he said pay Ceedee first, hmmm why would he say that??????????????????????

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Well didn't someone have to be first on the list? Hooker goes up against Lamb in practice all the time so he's probably the one that he's most familiar with.

Lamb's deal should be the easiest to get done now that Justin Jefferson got paid. All the Cowboys have to do is give Lamb a little bit more as an up-front bonus so Lamb can say he's the highest paid receiver.

And for a while Dak will be the highest paid quarterback. After the usual suspects here have a meltdown, it will only be a matter of time before guys like C.J. Stroud and Jordan Love surpass him.

The cap keeps going up, so contracts keep going up. Not that hard to understand if we put our emotions and opinions behind.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Hooker is on a roll. :laugh: Candid stuff. Cliff note recaps below.

The only reason why these didn’t get as much press is because of the Micah Parsons controversy.

Hooker confirms what a lot of us are optimistic about with Zimm. No surprise he would sign CeeDee first. I think most of us realize he is our best FA-to-be.

Zimmer vs DQ. What is difference?
  • Coach’s job isn’t to bring a whole new system.
  • Certain way you have to coach certain guys. DQ was a player’s coach.
  • Zimmer meetings, he will talk beginning and then be quiet in position meetings. But he will talk you up on the field no matter who you are.
  • Zimmer will give you a chance but if you keep messing up, he will get someone else in there. If DQ couldn’t get something right, he was more player oriented, he would just try to level it down.
  • These past few weeks of OTAs you can tell the difference on the discipline we will have this year. We shot ourselves in the foot a lot last year. Jumping offsides. Missed tackles. Not holding gap correctly. I feel we will nail it down this year and be a better defense.

Which FA should Cowboys sign first?
  1. CeeDee Lamb - Shows up more than other guys have on team. Always a big play. CeeDee better W-L record than Jefferson.
  2. Dak Prescott - Doesn’t get enough credit how smart a player he is. Hard being that leader with as much tragedy as he’s been dealing with.
  3. Zach Martin - When he’s out there, different kind of confidence. Always a dawg.
  4. Micah Parsons - He hasn’t even scratched his surface. He’s a young dawg.

Hooker is an idiot. You are NOT supposed to talk about your teammates contracts to the media.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Maybe coz CeeDee is in the final year of his rookie deal.
So that you know.....Parsons has also said CeeDee should get paid first...
So what's the problem????
Maybe "who are you going to replace him with" Ceedee surely needs someone like him to throw him the ball

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hooker is an idiot. You are NOT supposed to talk about your teammates contracts to the media.
I won't call him an idiot but I agree 100%, you never talk about a teammate's business in public. It's a 101 locker room code....... Parsons didn't help with a public response but we should be here in the first place. I can't believe some fans are attacking Parsons and giving Hooker a free pass

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I won't call him an idiot but I agree 100%, you never talk about a teammate's business in public. It's a 101 locker room code....... Parsons didn't help with a public response but we should be here in the first place. I can't believe some fans are attacking Parsons and giving Hooker a free pass
Not giving Hooker a free pass. Just commented on his value to the team. I'm not really paying attention to all the contract talk nonsense.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Lost me at Dak doesn't get enough credit for being so smart. Dude doesn't know when to throw a ball away...sorry Hook.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Lost me at Dak doesn't get enough credit for being so smart. Dude doesn't know when to throw a ball away...sorry Hook.
Aaron Rodgers said the same thing Mid-season last year. I know it blows minds of fans, but dude may actually be a smart QB.

shabazz

Reaction score
Agree. Cooper Rush has more between the ears than Dakota does but lacks the physical tools

The elite qbs have both unless one of their strengths are vastly superior.

Lamar Jackson is an example of that with his dominant athleticism and Alex Smith was exactly the opposite.

Dak has average smarts and average athleticism....it does pretty well until it goes against great defenses

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Exactly..............This is like the biggest unwritten rule of all time, doesnt matter what pro sports league we are talking about, you never, never, never, never, never discuss a teammate's contract in public.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This is like the biggest unwritten rule of all time
Maybe you should write it down somewhere so hooker and others can read it?????
Unwritten rules serve no purpose lol. you imply it is important, yet no one has ever written it down?????? :popcorn:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't want a player to come out all harsh, then simmer it down with "oh yeah man he's a great player for us, he's young, he's this and that!"

I just read he said pay Ceedee first, hmmm why would he say that??????????????????????
You don't know anything about the dynamics of a TEAM, do you? Lol....you'd rather leave it on simmer, nice and hot and ready to boil over! Lol! Jeezus!!!!