More Hated Rival

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Listening to the Pierce interview, from another thread, they had an interesting moment in there where they were talking about which rivalry was the most intense, or a bigger hatred, and Galloway claimed that in talking to Cowboys players from today, and going all the way back to the teams winning in the 90's, all said that it wasn't the Commanders or the Eagles that they hated the most and wanted to beat the most it was the Giants and they said that if you asked the Giants players it was the same way.

So my question to the forums is do you believe that the Giants are, and always were, the most hated rival of the three or not? Also as a fan which team do you hate most?

For me my hatred has always lied, and will always lie, most with the Eagles. I just absolutely despise them in every possible way. Then it's the Commanders and then the Giants. While I don't like the Giants I've always at least had some respect for them and never have been bothered, nearly as much, getting beaten by them as when the Eagles or Skins beat us.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
Philly is my most hated. When they cheered when Irvin got hurt that clinched it for me.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only a concensus majority of players over the various eras can say for certain, but my money's on Washington. It's sort of comforting for me to believe deep down in their hearts that most Cowboys players could possibly share in my enormous dislike of the Washington franchise. Yes, that would be very nice indeed...

juck

Reaction score
I hate all 3.I really really despise Mcflabb tho,lol.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The giants are head and shoulders above the other two for me.

1fisher

Reaction score
juckie;2386997 said:
I hate all 3.I really really despise Mcflabb tho,lol.

gotta agree......... they are all the same as far as I'm concerned.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2386960 said:
Listening to the Pierce interview, from another thread, they had an interesting moment in there where they were talking about which rivalry was the most intense, or a bigger hatred, and Galloway claimed that in talking to Cowboys players from today, and going all the way back to the teams winning in the 90's, all said that it wasn't the Commanders or the Eagles that they hated the most and wanted to beat the most it was the Giants and they said that if you asked the Giants players it was the same way.

So my question to the forums is do you believe that the Giants are, and always were, the most hated rival of the three or not? Also as a fan which team do you hate most?

For me my hatred has always lied, and will always lie, most with the Eagles. I just absolutely despise them in every possible way. Then it's the Commanders and then the Giants. While I don't like the Giants I've always at least had some respect for them and never have been bothered, nearly as much, getting beaten by them as when the Eagles or Skins beat us.

Would you do me a favor? Please, put your stuff in bigger fonts for us blind and old farts.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The Skins are my most hated. They have hurt us more than the other two. I really, really, really don't like them.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2386960 said:

Galloway is an idiot and I wouldn't believe anything he said about the Cowboys.

That said, way back in the early 60s the Giants were our most heated rivals, partly because the Commanders & Eagles sucked, but mostly because it was Landry's former team and he always wanted to beat them. They were very good in the early 60s, playing in the NFL Championship game in 61, 62, & 63 but losing each time. After that they weren't much competition for us and the rivalry kind of died down.

Once George Allen took over the Commanders HE made it our biggest rivalry and it has lasted until today but was huge in the 70s & early 80s when both teams were perennial playoff contenders. It is a little less in recent years since neither team has been all that hot but I still hate losing to them. Besides Allen, there were a number of Commanders players I hated but Joey Theesmann tops the list. His "nails on the chalkboard" voice haven't lessened my dislike of the guy any either. Thank God he is finally out of broadcasting!

The Eagles were a lousy team until the early 80s and losing to them in the NFC Championship game in 1980 was tough but there were only a few guys I hated on that team like Bill Bergy. Once Buddy Ryan took over as HC the rivalry really began. We were still down in the late 80s and they took every opportunity to beat us down even further. IMO they were dirty players back then and Andre Waters and Wes Hopkins were the worst. They set a record sacking Aikman 11 times in a game in 1991 (I believe) and their fans are the worst in football as far as I am concerned. ZERO class for the most part.

The Giants had their time in the mid-late 80s when we were down so we really didn't develop much of a rivalry with them. When we were good they weren't and vice-versa. I think now that both teams are pretty good the rivalry is picking up some but I don't believe it will ever reach the level of hatred that most Cowboys fans feel towards the Commanders and Eagles.

A lot of that has to do with the fans of those teams too. Giants fans seem to be on the whole more decent and less ravenous towards fans of other teams. It is rare to find an unreasonable or obnoxious Giants fan, certainly not like those of the other teams in our division.

The Commanders fans tend to be delusional and believe that their team is going to win it all every year. Even when they are 4-8 they STILL think they will come back and win it all somehow. That's OK to have faith and all that but they tend to take it to another realm altogether. Their team is the greatest of all time and yours is the worst, regardless of the facts.

Eagles fans are in a class all by themselves and it is at the bottom of the barrel. They are not as delusional as most Commanders fans, they are just obnoxious and rude beyond all sense of decorum. Cheering when Irvin got hurt was just a sample of it. Even their own players couldn't believe it.

So in conclusion, I'm sure the players want to beat the Giants right now because they are the defending SB champs and they are the team to beat but for most fans, the Commanders and Eagles are much bigger rivalries. It might be different depending on where you live, particularly if you live in those areas.

Oh and did I mention that Randy Galloway is an idiot? Just wanted to make sure.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
jobberone;2387011 said:
Would you do me a favor? Please, put your stuff in bigger fonts for us blind and old farts.

Sure man, no problem. :)

THUMPER;2387024 said:
Galloway is an idiot and I wouldn't believe anything he said about the Cowboys.

That said, way back in the early 60s the Giants were our most heated rivals, partly because the Commanders & Eagles sucked, but mostly because it was Landry's former team and he always wanted to beat them. They were very good in the early 60s, playing in the NFL Championship game in 61, 62, & 63 but losing each time. After that they weren't much competition for us and the rivalry kind of died down.

Once George Allen took over the Commanders HE made it our biggest rivalry and it has lasted until today but was huge in the 70s & early 80s when both teams were perennial playoff contenders. It is a little less in recent years since neither team has been all that hot but I still hate losing to them. Besides Allen, there were a number of Commanders players I hated but Joey Theesmann tops the list. His "nails on the chalkboard" voice haven't lessened my dislike of the guy any either. Thank God he is finally out of broadcasting!

The Eagles were a lousy team until the early 80s and losing to them in the NFC Championship game in 1980 was tough but there were only a few guys I hated on that team like Bill Bergy. Once Buddy Ryan took over as HC the rivalry really began. We were still down in the late 80s and they took every opportunity to beat us down even further. IMO they were dirty players back then and Andre Waters and Wes Hopkins were the worst. They set a record sacking Aikman 11 times in a game in 1991 (I believe) and their fans are the worst in football as far as I am concerned. ZERO class for the most part.

The Giants had their time in the mid-late 80s when we were down so we really didn't develop much of a rivalry with them. When we were good they weren't and vice-versa. I think now that both teams are pretty good the rivalry is picking up some but I don't believe it will ever reach the level of hatred that most Cowboys fans feel towards the Commanders and Eagles.

A lot of that has to do with the fans of those teams too. Giants fans seem to be on the whole more decent and less ravenous towards fans of other teams. It is rare to find an unreasonable or obnoxious Giants fan, certainly not like those of the other teams in our division.

The Commanders fans tend to be delusional and believe that their team is going to win it all every year. Even when they are 4-8 they STILL think they will come back and win it all somehow. That's OK to have faith and all that but they tend to take it to another realm altogether. Their team is the greatest of all time and yours is the worst, regardless of the facts.

Eagles fans are in a class all by themselves and it is at the bottom of the barrel. They are not as delusional as most Commanders fans, they are just obnoxious and rude beyond all sense of decorum. Cheering when Irvin got hurt was just a sample of it. Even their own players couldn't believe it.

So in conclusion, I'm sure the players want to beat the Giants right now because they are the defending SB champs and they are the team to beat but for most fans, the Commanders and Eagles are much bigger rivalries. It might be different depending on where you live, particularly if you live in those areas.

Oh and did I mention that Randy Galloway is an idiot? Just wanted to make sure.

Outstanding response. I enjoyed that.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
For me, its the Commanders. And it has mostly to do with the fact that I know several Commander fans whereas I don't personally know any Giants or eagle fans.

JPM

Reaction score
Future;2387002 said:
The giants are head and shoulders above the other two for me.
Being from New York I gotta agree.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
all 3 are hated equally for me,however,the team we're playing goes to #1 on game day.(ex: this Sunday,its the Giants.after the bye,the Deadskins....)

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
jobberone;2387012 said:
The Skins are my most hated. They have hurt us more than the other two. I really, really, really don't like them.
Does the hippocratic oath demand you treat a Skins fan if one comes to you for help?:D

Can you at least pour some alcohol into his wound before treating it?:p: