More of the same for the Skins

VACowboy

Reaction score
A friend of mine, who happens to be a Commander fan, pointed out to me that Gibbs is 7 for 7 going to the playoffs (including his Super Bowl years) when ending the pre-season with a losing record. I pointed out to him that there's a difference between playing sub-500 football in the pre-season and getting owned in every facet.

Having said that, I'm not burying the Skins til this happens in the regular season.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
VACowboy said:
I pointed out to him that there's a difference between playing sub-500 football in the pre-season and getting owned in every facet for three games.

:laugh1: nice

fortdick

Reaction score
vicjagger said:
Al Saunders claims they've shown less than 2% of his 700 page play-book so far this pre-season.

:laugh2:

That's because those morons are still on page three. Didn;t anyone check to see if they could read before they drafted . . . errrr . . . paid huge bonuses for them?

bobtheflob

Reaction score
VACowboy said:
A friend of mine, who happens to be a Commander fan, pointed out to me that Gibbs is 7 for 7 going to the playoffs (including his Super Bowl years) when ending the pre-season with a losing record. I pointed out to him that there's a difference between playing sub-500 football in the pre-season and getting owned in every facet.

Having said that, I'm not burying the Skins til this happens in the regular season.
Yeah, it's not like the starters are playing great and the scrubs are losing it. Every part of the Commanders lineup is getting beat in every aspect of the game. There is nothing positive they can be tacking out of this preseason.

Right now: 34-0, Pats have over 400 yards of total offen, Commanders have 92.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
VACowboy said:

There are lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics.

These pre-season record figures that they use to somehow quell their uncertainties fits the phrase well.

I certainly don't care if we lose in the preseason. But you have to show that you can move the ball and that your players are actually competing.

But, that's not the situation in the 'Skins case. Like you said, the 'Skins just look awful.

vlad

Reaction score
Just happened to go on the ESPN scoreboard, NE34, skins 0.

I know its preseason, but I love when they get hammered.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
This is where Gibbs wants them. Gibbs is hiding everything! :lmao:

Seriously, the skins are a very thin team on both sides. Brunnell is back to his '04 form. Their O-line is vastly OVERRATED and GW defense, I predict, has lost some it's luster. They're also a bit nicked up and it's preseason but they have a few leaks and it's showing.

kaboy

Reaction score
What a great evening. I just set my dvr to record the stinks game replay on nfl network so I can revel in their pummeling tomorrow. :lmao:

Drlabon

Reaction score
I am not too suprised, I am still in the "skins aren't very good" camp. I think they caught a young Dallas team which was tired and crippled because of the left tackle injury last year. There defense is pretty good, but there offense is horrible. I would bet that the reason the score is so lopsided is because the offense is killing the defense.