More pix (link)

kmp77

Reaction score
http://img209.*************/img209/6671/ricky2zq.jpg LOL!!

rcaldw

Reaction score
"The idea of God sacrificing himself to himself, in order to prevent himself sending us all to Hell for commiting sins because of the way he made us, and which he knew we were going to do anyway, is a little hard to swallow..." - random sciforums.com post

I don't mean to stir anything up, or even to continue the discussion unless you wish to do so through private email, but just wanted to say that you have a straw man in this signature. In fact, one part of what you find hard to swallow (at least whomever it is you quote here) is not at all what the gospel teaches. "Because of the way He made us". Men were not created sinners. Man chose sin, in Adam, and the penalty is death. Because God is a God of absolute justice, the only way to justly release us from the penalty is through an innocent substitute, which was His Holy Son. God therefore took His own punishment upon Himself (in Jesus Christ) to deliver those who were worthy of it, and thereby satisfied both His justice, and His desire to show mercy. All of this is meant to declare God's glory, and one aspect of His glory is that He is just, and another aspect is that He is gracious. I'll leave it at that.

Jubei

Reaction score
LoL cool you guys look at nfluk.com :) Hope you guys dont mind me posting some stuff up on there which ive taken from here and other forums.

PA Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm with you on each point with the except for the deliverance of those who are worthy. Salvation is a gracious gift from a just and loving heavenly Father for all who repent of their sins and confess that Jesus is Lord. None of us are worthy. That is why Gods grace is amazing.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
This is better.

http://i6.***BLOCKED***/albums/y235/jksmith269/DSC02702.jpg

rcaldw

Reaction score
PA Cowboy said:
I'm with you on each point with the except for the deliverance of those who are worthy. Salvation is a gracious gift from a just and loving heavenly Father for all who repent of their sins and confess that Jesus is Lord. None of us are worthy. That is why Gods grace is amazing.

The statement "worthy of it" was in reference to the judgment, not the deliverance. He delivered FROM judgment those who were worthy OF judgment. That is what I was saying.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Jubei said:
LoL cool you guys look at nfluk.com :) Hope you guys dont mind me posting some stuff up on there which ive taken from here and other forums.

Not at all... :welcome: aboard and bring friends!

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
a smart coach knows what motivates his players...that pic of ricky is hilarious ...hahaha

PA Cowboy

Reaction score
rcaldw said:
The statement "worthy of it" was in reference to the judgment, not the deliverance. He delivered FROM judgment those who were worthy OF judgment. That is what I was saying.

Sorry. My bad. Totally with you now.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
rcaldw said:
"The idea of God sacrificing himself to himself, in order to prevent himself sending us all to Hell for commiting sins because of the way he made us, and which he knew we were going to do anyway, is a little hard to swallow..." - random sciforums.com post

I don't mean to stir anything up, or even to continue the discussion unless you wish to do so through private email, but just wanted to say that you have a straw man in this signature. In fact, one part of what you find hard to swallow (at least whomever it is you quote here) is not at all what the gospel teaches. "Because of the way He made us". Men were not created sinners. Man chose sin, in Adam, and the penalty is death. Because God is a God of absolute justice, the only way to justly release us from the penalty is through an innocent substitute, which was His Holy Son. God therefore took His own punishment upon Himself (in Jesus Christ) to deliver those who were worthy of it, and thereby satisfied both His justice, and His desire to show mercy. All of this is meant to declare God's glory, and one aspect of His glory is that He is just, and another aspect is that He is gracious. I'll leave it at that.

John and Paul sure did a good job of persuading people that now didnt they.

I personally like the dueteronomy method of sacrificing livestock but that is just me.

rcaldw

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
John and Paul sure did a good job of persuading people that now didnt they.

I personally like the dueteronomy method of sacrificing livestock but that is just me.

John and Paul would have both understood the Deuteronomy method much better than you, since they were both Jews who had lived under the law given through Moses. They both saw that the blood of animals never took away sins, but rather pointed to the one and final sacrifice that would. The sacrificing of "livestock" as you put it, was a powerful and visible and personal way to impress upon the offerer that his or her sin required atonement to be forgiven. It was a physical way to teach that the penalty was death for sin, and that only the death of an innocent substitute could set them free. Not the death of an animal, was the ultimate teaching, but the death of the One who was to come.

As John the Baptist testified of Jesus, "behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world."

Look, I'm sure the moderators don't want this board turned into a place for Bible discussion, so lets stop at this point. I'm not here to talk about the Bible, but about the Cowboys, as all my past posts will prove. I just find it interesting that speech is gladly allowed that attacks and insults the Christian faith, but when someone answers it, it is quickly shouted down.

So, before we are both shouted down, lets just stop. Don't insult what I believe, and I won't promote it on this board. I would think we could both gladly agree to that.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
rcaldw said:
John and Paul would have both understood the Deuteronomy method much better than you, since they were both Jews who had lived under the law given through Moses. They both saw that the blood of animals never took away sins, but rather pointed to the one and final sacrifice that would. The sacrificing of "livestock" as you put it, was a powerful and visible and personal way to impress upon the offerer that his or her sin required atonement to be forgiven. It was a physical way to teach that the penalty was death for sin, and that only the death of an innocent substitute could set them free. Not the death of an animal, was the ultimate teaching, but the death of the One who was to come.

As John the Baptist testified of Jesus, "behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world."

Look, I'm sure the moderators don't want this board turned into a place for Bible discussion, so lets stop at this point. I'm not here to talk about the Bible, but about the Cowboys, as all my past posts will prove. I just find it interesting that speech is gladly allowed that attacks and insults the Christian faith, but when someone answers it, it is quickly shouted down.

So, before we are both shouted down, lets just stop. Don't insult what I believe, and I won't promote it on this board. I would think we could both gladly agree to that.

No it looks like you missed my point which i will not pontificate because this a subject that people take very seriously. I was talking about the source of your dogma not what your source thought about what their source originally was.

At the same time please do us a favor and take your dogma elsewhere.

Dont deign to attempt to tell me what god intended or what you think he intended. i am well aware of the significance of the multitude of ways that the bible over its chapters gives people to cope with their guilt.

YOur posts PA Cowboys posts as well as mine have no business on this forum.

rcaldw

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
No it looks like you missed my point which i will not pontificate because this a subject that people take very seriously. I was talking about the source of your dogma not what your source thought about what their source originally was.

At the same time please do us a favor and take your dogma elsewhere.

Dont deign to attempt to tell me what god intended or what you think he intended. i am well aware of the significance of the multitude of ways that the bible over its chapters gives people to cope with their guilt.

YOur posts PA Cowboys posts as well as mine have no business on this forum.

It appears you wish to have the last word, and so I will give it to you, knowing that neither of us will have the last word on the subject, and in my view the one with the last word has already given us his word. Back to Cowboys discussion.