More players Dallas showing interest in

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Don't know if he posts here or not, but this info is from Raider Red of Cowboys guide, got give credit where its due.

ALBANY, NY (March 17th) senior linebacker/safety KURT CAMPBELL ran between 4.42 and 4.44 in the 40... 6.99 three-cone... 42.5" vertical... 10'2" broad jump... also did 19 reps of 225 pounds... weighed in at 6020, 228 pounds... did both linebacker and defensive back drills... there have been less than 15 available prospects that have posted similar size/speed numbers over the past three drafts, and 14 of them are still on active rosters... also has a private workout with St. Louis already scheduled, but has seen additional interest from Baltimore, Carolina, Dallas, Detroit, Green Bay, Indianapolis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

senior offensive lineman GEIR GUDMUNDSEN ran between 5.38 and 5.42 in the 40... 4.56 short shuttle... 7.47 three-cone... 31" vertical... 8'3" broad jump... weighed in at 6052, 301 pounds... will bench press on March 28th... played mostly tackle in college, but has been doing positional drills at guard, as well... has improved greatly over the past 4-6 weeks, while training with Billy Ard, a former starting offensive lineman with the NY Giants... better footwork than you would expect... has the frame to eventually carry 320 pounds... has gotten enough attention from OL coaches the past month to become a PFA by draft day... Buffalo, Dallas and NY Giants are among those that have had their offensive line coach evaluate him in person

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Other players Dallas have interest in:

Roby - WR
Shelton - RB

Mostly later day picks publicly. They will feign true interest - JMO.

Parcells inner circle is closed -

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Cowboy from New York said:
Don't know if he posts here or not, but this info is from Raider Red of Cowboys guide, got give credit where its due.

ALBANY, NY (March 17th) senior linebacker/safety KURT CAMPBELL ran between 4.42 and 4.44 in the 40... 6.99 three-cone... 42.5" vertical... 10'2" broad jump... also did 19 reps of 225 pounds... weighed in at 6020, 228 pounds... did both linebacker and defensive back drills...

Now I know why the Boys consider him a prospect at safety-- a sub-4.45 second 40, at nearly 230 pounds?? That's down right Darren Woodson-esque...

Thanks, bud, I couldn't find a 40 time for the guy ANYWHERE...

senior offensive lineman GEIR GUDMUNDSEN ran between 5.38 and 5.42 in the 40... 4.56 short shuttle... 7.47 three-cone... 31" vertical... 8'3" broad jump... weighed in at 6052, 301 pounds... will bench press on March 28th... played mostly tackle in college, but has been doing positional drills at guard, as well...

With those 40 times, it looks like he's better off at OG... he's not as big as I saw him listed other places, in fact his size is marginal for the NFL... but countering that is his college background as a wrestler...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
40 times are USELESS for OL. And a 4.5 shuttle time is impressive for a guy 300 lbs.

SB, I think you get too caught up in 40 times. At tackle, when is he ever gonna run 40 yards? In fact, at tackle, it's more important to be able to move BACKWARDS quickly (passing downs).

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Rack said:
40 times are USELESS for OL.

I'm sorry, I disagree... oh, you're right that initial quickness is more important to an offensive lineman than straight line speed in the 40... but in my experience, and offensive lineman who can't run a 5.35 or better is almost always lacking in the initial quickness needed to play the game... so if an offensive lineman can't break 5.35 seconds in the 40, he doesn't wind up on my draft board... sure, it's POSSIBLE that an OL with a 5.4 second 40 would be quick enough off the snap to play in the NFL, but the smart money says that's unlikely... so if I'm gonna take a flyer on a late-round offensive lineman, I'm gonna go with the guy with better computer numbers than Gudmundsen put up...

This might be less true in an offense that emphasizes smash-mouth play more, but Parcells likes to move his offensive linemen around... to do this, it is first necessary that said offensive lineman be ABLE to move...

I'll also note that Gudmundsen is currently rated a "priority free agent", meaning most scouts don't figure he'll be drafted... if he HAD the initial quickness that you're talking about, I have to think he'd carry at least a little higher draft grade...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Sorry, but a 40 time is completely useless for OL. If a 300 lber runs a 4.5 short shuttle then that shows he has the quickness out of his stance to get out on the perimeter on sweeps. A 40 time doesn't. If the guy has a good short shuttle time than that's all that matters (for OL). And that kid ran a 4.5 short shuttle. He has quickness (especially for that size). I can care less how fast an offensive lineman runs 40 yards, in a straight line, wearing shorts and a t-shirt.