More reason for Cowboy hate across the fruited plain

_sturt_

Reaction score

Gotta say, if I hadn't very randomly picked out Craig Morton from my pile of football cards at age 7 and declared that he would be my favorite player and his team my favorite team... I might be as avid a hater as any. It does not come naturally to me to be attracted to the most popular.

But that said. Sure been fun.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score

Gotta say, if I hadn't very randomly picked out Craig Morton from my pile of football cards at age 7 and declared that he would be my favorite player and his team my favorite team... I might be as avid a hater as any. It does not come naturally to me to be attracted to the most popular.

The first NFL game i ever watched in Canada was Colts-Cowboys Super Bowl V which the Cowboys lost on a late field goal, I remember as a kid feeling so sad for the losing team and became a fan.

Must say something about my personality as the first World Series i ever watched was Orioles-Reds in 1970, Reds lost in seven and again i felt so sad for the losing team i became their fan.

I was a strangely empathetic little kid.

_sturt_

Reaction score
first World Series i ever watched was Orioles-Reds in 1970, Reds lost in seven and again i felt so sad for the losing team i became their fan.
Not that anyone should care, but had I grown up in Texas, I possibly would have been a Reds fan, but not a Cowboys fan.

I saw that same WS, and wrote to Bowie Kuhn to voice my displeasure that Brooks Robinson's throw to Boog Powell (great names in that era, right?) had been judged by just a terrible terrible ump to have arrived on time in some game. (My mom still has a copy of the letter, and what was sent back in return... signed, supposedly, by the Commissioner himself... hehe.)

But it seems sometime just after that, adolescent resistance to anything my family valued arrived about 6 years early, and I determined I couldn't support the same teams that practically everyone in my family and extended family did... hence the decision to resort to picking out a football card to consider my favorite player and team... since I sure as heck couldn't settle for the lowly Cincinnati Bengals who couldn't even put a decent logo on their helmet. :D

Then again, I was such a visual child... maybe the star would have captured my fancy regardless of how many Cowboys fans would have been in my family had we been Texans instead of West Virginians.

_sturt_

Reaction score
We are always going to be the most watched. 10% are Cowboys fans and the other 90% are the fans of every other fan base that wants us to lose.

It's elementary
You're not wrong.

Then again, it also works for our rivals... I remember it being big news just this season how big the TV draw was for that Eagles Bills game (... it was the Bills, right?...). But it seemed to avoid the logic of anyone writing about that, that that game was being watched intently and en masse by PHI, BUF, and DAL fans.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
America's Team!
If you want to open a can, remind non-Cowboys fans that Dallas is America's Team. Not sure why this eats at them so much but it sure as heck does.

Viewership, sales, and value of the organization speaks for itself.

Everyone else - You don't have to like it, but you're gonna have to deal with it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

There’s even a lot of Cowboys fans who hate the Cowboys. Risensteam, Mountainofsteam to name a couple.

shabazz

Reaction score
There’s even a lot of Cowboys fans who hate the Cowboys. Risensteam, Mountainofsteam to name a couple.

Christ. Can't you ever let this nonsense go and stop beating that idiotic horse?

And yes, you posted the first negative thing attacking and calling out fellow forum members and Cowboys fans.

Get a life

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Well, without the Cowboys, there wouldn’t be any football worth watching

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
If you want to open a can, remind non-Cowboys fans that Dallas is America's Team. Not sure why this eats at them so much but it sure as heck does.

Viewership, sales, and value of the organization speaks for itself.

Everyone else - You don't have to like it, but you're gonna have to deal with it.
Thanks for the nudge . Just opened a can . . . Of Dos Equis. ( I normally drink bottles but a case for a late Christmas gift ain't bad)!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Christ. Can't you ever let this nonsense go and stop beating that idiotic horse?

And yes, you posted the first negative thing attacking and calling out fellow forum members and Cowboys fans.

Get a life
Oh, I forgot about Shabazzofsteam. He definitely hates the Cowboys. There’s a lot more.

_sturt_

Reaction score

giphy.gif

Shots fired... hehe...