More rumor and innuendo regarding Ricky

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
More rumor and innuendo regarding Ricky
By Hugo Guzman ; 03/04/06

The latest piece of "news" in the Ricky Williams saga is that he is reportedly planning to cut his trip to India short in order to work on his upcoming appeal for what is still an "alleged" failed drug test.

The NFL has yet to officially announce any details regarding this case.

The fact that the troubled running back has decided to put up a fight is definitely a good sign for Dolphins fans because the old Ricky would likely have cared less about the outcome of the appeal or anything else for that matter. Apparently, the new and improved Williams is serious about salvaging what's left of his NFL career. Hopefully, the extra effort will somehow pay dividends when the time finally comes for his appeal.

Ricky Williams likely has 3-5 of good football left in him, so it would be a shame for him to miss yet another season of football due to this latest transgression, especially if the failure was due to some harmless herbal supplement or something along those lines. If that is the case, Williams will likely get a third shot at the NFL even if he is suspended for another year.

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
Bring him home with an old skool coach like Parcells to draw a line in the sand he can't cross... I'd give him a chance.

He's a good kid still, we're talking pot for cryin' out loud.

Give him some discipline (No-Bull Parcells) and a support system around him (family), and maybe he can finally stop looking for whatever the hell it's he's trying to find. He was fine in Texas in College when he was still close to family. He was fine in New Orleans with a coach like Dikta keeping him in line. The problems started when he went half-way across the country to miami. Not a good place for a young kid with that kind of star appeal to be out on his own, especially with a laxed coaching staff that could give a crud about what he did.

He deserves another chance in a new atmosphere. Bringing him back into the same tempest was not the right decision by any involved. That would be like a Crackhead Annoymous Meeting taking place in or near a Crack House.

This kid is pure talent that atleast one team had better check out again before it's too late. I can't believe there'd be no takers. If Owens can draw a market, so can Ricky. Who is only a couple of years removed from being one of the 2 to 3 premier backs in the league. I honestly thought if anyone was ever going to do it that was playing now, it'd be him that'd break Emmitts rushing record.

I still remermber him in the snow in the playoffs a couple years back, just a train. I'd love a back like that here in Dallas. And over Julius? Any day of the week. With a Ricky Williams in the backfield, a Julius Jones is only a change-of-pace back sitting the bench behind him.

Pokes28

Reaction score
Actually, we may not be talking POT. According to reports, it wasn't pot that was found, it was a masking agent. Maybe it was to mask pot, but then again, maybe it wasn't. Plus, there is no difference in the drug policy between a "hard drug" and pot. The only thing that has a different penalty structure are steroids.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Zippy Speedster said:
Bring him home with an old skool coach like Parcells to draw a line in the sand he can't cross... I'd give him a chance.

He's a good kid still, we're talking pot for cryin' out loud.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

he's a L O S E R

David

acheman

Reaction score
I don't know, but if I were to start a rumor I would say it was steroids to try and regain the bulk he lost.

arglebargle

Reaction score
No one should sign Ricky again in any situation where you have to depend on him. As an extra, maybe..... But there's no indication that you can depend on him to be there for any length of time.