More Senior Bowl updates - Scott Wright

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Nors said:
Vince Wilfork

Weight an issue, needs to improve conditioning, needs more consistency, needs to comitt to conditioning.

All I can vouch for was when I watched Watson he was dominant - the word disruptive always is mentioned in his write ups. He was always doubled.

Senior Bowl coaches contemplated pulling him from drills because he was blowing up all inside plays......

Kid showing up raedy is huge. Parcells and a Fergi roitation would be lethal and free up Spears and Canty more. Glover is a gap shooter and not a guy who can take out double teams like Watson.

Glad Dallas is on him at Senior Bowl.
Watson would be taking most of the snaps by week 5 and on passing downs, I could see a line up of Lawson/Spears/Watson/Ware up front. You could replace Spears with Canty if you want.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
You're getting into dangerous territory here when you are talking about massive, wildly talented, over-weight DT's with motor problems. Gerard Warren, Jimmy Kennedy, Jonathan Sullivan. Even the ones who "pan out" tend to have inconsistant, up and down career (usually depending on the state of their current contract): Chester McGlockton, Daryl Gardener, Sean Gilbert.

And I would be very hesitant to use Vince Wilfork as an example of a "success".

I don't know that Sullivan or Warren belong on this list but I do agree with your observation. It's definatly a chance your taking. My question would be, if your going to play more 34 then 43 as time goes on, do you really need to spend a 1st round pick on a NT? Seth Payne was a 4th round pick. Wilfork was a first round pick at 21 but in truth, New England was in a position to have that kind of luxury. At the time, they were pretty well set. Hampton was a first round pick and a good one. 19th over all. Good player. Jamal Williams was a 2nd round suplemental pick. La'Roi was a 5th round pick and Ferguson was a 7th round pick. Do we really need to spend a 1st round pick, which is what it might take on a guy like Watson?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
You don't take plays off when Parcells gets ahold of you.

Yes you do, you just don't hang around long.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
He hasn't played for Parcells yet. You don't take plays off when Parcells gets ahold of you.

Yeah, you mean like Willie Blade and Delroy Stewart? Boy did Parcells motivate them to pro-bowl level.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Yeah, you mean like Willie Blade and Delroy Stewart? Boy did Parcells motivate them to pro-bowl level.
They had no talent.