Twitter: "More Show Biz Than Sundays"

Rajveer

Reaction score
Show biz attracts fans. I was at the Star yesterday driving around and I was like yeah that is my team. You feel like being part of the extravagant atmosphere around this team, the expensive art museum they call a stadium, the Star, etc. However soon you remember the product they put on the field is no better than any other professional team from the state of Ohio.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Show biz attracts fans. I was at the Star yesterday driving around and I was like yeah that is my team. You feel like being part of the extravagant atmosphere around this team, the expensive art museum they call a stadium, the Star, etc.
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I hate all the glitz and glamour stuff. If I'd been a kid when Jerry's Big Top really got rolling, I never would have become a fan of this team.

I really admire teams like Buffalo or Kansas City or Green Bay where they play in simple stadiums out in the elements and it's just about the football, not Skymirror or artwork or selling office space and gym memberships at your zillion dollar training facility.

It sucks being the Kardashians of the NFL.

Rajveer

Reaction score
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I hate all the glitz and glamour stuff. If I'd been a kid when Jerry's Big Top really got rolling, I never would have become a fan of this team.

I really admire teams like Buffalo or Kansas City or Green Bay where they play in simple stadiums out in the elements and it's just about the football, not Skymirror or artwork or selling office space and gym memberships at your zillion dollar training facility.

I see your point, I rather them being in the old stadium and winning more.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

If I was a kid today I'd never pick the Cowboys.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I agree. Theres a reason this teams hasnt been a contender since the 90s. You could say there were 3 seasons but I'd say one where I believed they were gonna make a run. They arent close.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Yep all show, no substance. Welcome to show business, your Cowboys are Hollywood...football left w/ Jimmy n Parcells...nothing in between or after but selling a horrible product.

Edit: the only show I'll pay for in Dallas sports in the Mavs. Let's go Mavs.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If I'd been a kid when Jerry's Big Top really got rolling, I never would have become a fan of this team.

If I was a kid today I'd never pick the Cowboys.

Me too. I grew up a thousand miles away from Dallas, but met Landry and Staubach when I was 9 and visiting relatives in Texas - I was hooked.

I hated "America's Team" the first time I heard it and still think it's stupid. If you're an adult and take pride in that moniker I feel sorry for you. Ask yourself why.

You're supposed to be a football team. Win, and the glitz & glamour will follow. Unfortunately, Jerry's created a circus where glitz & glamour are foremost and winning is secondary.

khiladi

Reaction score

I live in DC area and Commander fans hate their stadium and long for the days of RFK.

HotDog37

Reaction score
I live in DC area and Commander fans hate their stadium and long for the days of RFK.

I'm there too but in MD just up the road. Spent a lot of time in TX during and after college but back here again. I get what you're saying. To me football is best played in a normal open roof stadium with grass in a slightly smaller venue where you feel engaged and I believe this is the way football is meant to be shown and played.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Show biz attracts fans. I was at the Star yesterday driving around and I was like yeah that is my team. You feel like being part of the extravagant atmosphere around this team, the expensive art museum they call a stadium, the Star, etc. However soon you remember the product they put on the field is no better than any other professional team from the state of Ohio.

That dazzle and razzle won’t work forever.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score

Wow......very well put CL.

Post of the year........hands down.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Here's a thought for you. Ever since Jerry built AT&T stadium every time a team builds a new stadium they all try to out do AT&T stadium. Because the Cowboys get so much exposure in the media it's like an extra shot of beat em for opposing teams. They think by beating the Cowboys they will get all the media exposure the Cowboys get but in reality all they get is their 15 minutes of fame.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Here's a thought for you. Ever since Jerry built AT&T stadium every time a team builds a new stadium they all try to out do AT&T stadium. Because the Cowboys get so much exposure in the media it's like an extra shot of beat em for opposing teams. They think by beating the Cowboys they will get all the media exposure the Cowboys get but in reality all they get is their 15 minutes of fame.
Uhhhhhhh...... what?

Praxit

Reaction score
..thats why this ShowBizz team will be watching playoffs from the sofa. Bwaahahahahaaa..