More Washington bad culture

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Because its so easy. Are you refuting my assertion that DC is corrupt?

I mean, this is the town that re-elected a convicted drug offender to be its Mayor!

It’s politics. Who hasn’t gotten their hand dirty. You live in Dallas? Have you not heard of Ken Paxton? Or is he one of the “good ones”?

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Not even close. Bezos is one. One of the owners of Fedex is another.
Snyder isn’t going nowhere. The Commanders are one of the most valuable franchises in the world. Dude fought tooth and nail not to change the name for over two decades. Bezo’s would have to to sell Snyder some of his company plus 10 billion to even get Snyder to think of the possibility of selling the team. All the locals here already know this.

Mannix

Reaction score
This was pretty evident with the sexual harassment issue. I’m pretty sure those type of things go on for every team. Owners like the Rooney’s have had mafia and gambling ties going way back and they are also related to the Mara family. Look at the DeBartalo family with the 49ers and their ties to the mob and shady dealings.

Facts are Snyder should have lost the team already if the NFL really cares about morality and ethics and women issues.
But The Goon is a Commander fan....so they nothing really happened to them at all.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Snyder isn’t going nowhere. The Football Team are one of the most valuable franchises in the world. Dude fought tooth and nail not to change the name for over two decades. Bezo’s would have to to sell Snyder some of his company plus 10 billion to even get Snyder to think of the possibility of selling the team. All the locals here already know this.

They already got Snyder out of the front office. His wife is running the show now. Just a matter of time. Watch and see. Rich people fighting over expensive toys. They got him to change the name.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
It’s politics. Who hasn’t gotten their hand dirty. You live in Dallas? Have you not heard of Ken Paxton? Or is he one of the “good ones”?

And DC is the center of politics for the entire country...ipso facto...the heart of corruption. If the shoe fits, wear it. Stop whining.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jones is only pocketing more because he sells more. The Cowboys are responsible for sharing a quota with the other teams, and if the Cowboys exceed that quota, they get to pocket the difference. With that being said, the Cowboys generally contribute more to the till than other teams because of the brand popularity. I don't think that the teams are jealous on that basis, because they are still getting their cut of the Cowboy sales - if anything, they are jealous that they didn't think of it first.

Not per my understanding.

The NFL also shares ticket and merchandise revenues, with the exception of the Cowboys — Dallas keeps revenues generated from merchandise sales and does not receive any from the other 31 teams.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...mparison-salary-cap/gu0xok7mphu01x3vu875oeaq6

The other point is Dallas dominates merchandise sales. In 2016 for example, when they were horrendous, they dominated 80% of the top 5 merchandise sales:

https://insidethestar.com/dallas-cowboys-completely-dominate-nfl-merchandise-sales/

Kwyn

Reaction score
Godfather style?

That makes me imagine if this same thing happened to Jerry.

Would he sell this team if he woke up with Zeke's head under the covers?
After a couple of fifths of Blue, there’s no telling whose head is under the covers

Plankton

Reaction score
Not per my understanding.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...mparison-salary-cap/gu0xok7mphu01x3vu875oeaq6

The other point is Dallas dominates merchandise sales. In 2016 for example, when they were horrendous, they dominated 80% of the top 5 merchandise sales:

https://insidethestar.com/dallas-cowboys-completely-dominate-nfl-merchandise-sales/

No, they have to contribute a quota before they can take their cut.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...las-cowboys-25-moves-biggest-nfl-power-broker

17. In 2002, when the NFL did a new deal with Reebok, Jones opted out, feeling that it wasn't fair that revenues were equally split despite the fact that Cowboys contributed a disproportionate share (it reached its height in 1994 when the Cowboys generated 28 percent of all the teams' licensing royalties). Going out on his own and starting his own distribution system allowed him to better control the Cowboys brand. For the previous five seasons, the Cowboys made up 16 percent of league merchandise. The deal that allowed Jones to go on his own, made him guarantee that 16 percent back to the league and keep anything above it.