Mosher's quick glance at the 2023 draft top 4 TEs

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Mayer/Washington are legit. I think Kincaid or anyone else at 26 would be a huge miss. Don’t think the first two fall to 26. We don’t need a TE that bad

Sydla

Reaction score
Pretty much jives with what people have said. Mayer is limited athletically but is arguably the most complete TE. Washington has drool worthy physical traits but needs development, Kincaid can catch but can't really block and Musgrave is athletic but can't block and is just a giant ??? given the injuries, missed time, etc.

reddyuta

Reaction score
By the way, what is Dominator %?
Dominator rating is a straightforward stat that displays the percentage of team yards and touchdowns a specific player accounts for. The idea is that the higher the number, the more dominant that player was for his respective team. We can look at this stat in terms of single-season or career. For the purposes of identifying the players most likely to find sustained success, career dominator rating gives us a better view of a player’s potential.

----
i can see why Washingtons % is so low,he was not the TE 1 on that team .

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Mayer/Washington are legit. I think Kincaid or anyone else at 26 would be a huge miss. Don’t think the first two fall to 26. We don’t need a TE that bad
What about Musgrave. He tested real well. Second to Washington and is faster.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Kincaid-best receiver
Washington-best blocker
Mayer-best balanced
Mustgrave-want no part with, every time he gets tackled he goes down ackwardly.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I get the skepticism over Musgrave's production and injury history, but turn on the (very abbreviated) tape and you can immediately see why he's touted so highly. He just looks ready made for the NFL.

Check this out. He lines up in-line on the right, fakes a block, wheels between 2 LBs, then gets a step on the safety to haul in the score. This is the kind of stuff we see Travis Kelce do.

-D6zvb.gif

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
I get the skepticism over Musgrave's production and injury history, but turn on the (very abbreviated) tape and you can immediately see why he's touted so highly. He just looks ready made for the NFL.

Check this out. He lines up in-line on the right, fakes a block, out-runs the LBs, then gets a step on the safety to haul in the score. This is the kind of stuff we see Travis Kelce do.

-D6zvb.gif
Highest ceiling of any of them IMO.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
In the right system maybe. But if we are gonna try to be more traditional and run more, Mayer and Washington make way more sense. Kincaid is basically a really big WR.
Agreed, with McCathy wanting a more West Coast, run offense. A new TE must be able to block then leak out. Washington loves to block, calls himself the 6th Olineman at college.
Him and Mayer would be the better options - will be a very interesting draft this year, as to who falls, and what priorities our F.O. places on rounds 1 and 2.
We have to stay open to all possibilities from the Jones gang. Can't wait !

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What about Musgrave. He tested real well. Second to Washington and is faster.
Not a good blocker. Doesn't have the production the others have. Questions about his health.
Neither one had alot of usage in the pasing game in college. When you watch Washington, you can really see the potential for receiving production. His movement in outstanding. Musgrave looks like he may cap out at Gecisicki. I think when all is said and done, Musgrave ends up going day 2

Mr_437

Reaction score
As a receiver, there isn’t anyone in the class like him. And I don‘t think it’s all that close.
Well said. Guys want go to options for Dak, and Kincaid can step right and hurt a defense vertically or underneath w/ some RAC also. A Playmaker type TE.