Mosley Blog: Bledsoe speaks...talks Parcells, advice to Romo

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bledsoe speaks and Bill's a goner

If you've listened closely to everything Jerry's said over the past couple of weeks, it's hard to imagine a scenario in which Bill Parcells returns for another season.

I asked Drew Bledsoe what he thought last night when I bumped into him at a Seattle bar and he said he didn't have a clue what Bill would decide.

He did say that Bill believes that he has some amazing talent on this team and might want to make one last run.

Here's what Drew told Tony after the game last night:

"It’s important that you allow this to hurt for awhile. You can’t try to move on too quickly and act like it doesn’t hurt because it’s going to.”

The two have never been particularly close, but it's nice that Bledsoe was there for him after the game. He said he gave Tony a "big ol' hug."

ESPN showed images of T.O. attempting to console Romo after the game. And as hard as I am on T.O., I have to say that his post-game behavior came across as very genuine and (someone help me) touching.

m

Posted by Matt Mosley at 4:38 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (10)

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Wasn't there something written that said Parcells would make his decision five days after their final game? I wonder if he and Jones have already had a conversation about his return.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
jerry said he wants parcells back and more than a few mediots interpret that as jerry doesnt want him back.
its gettign ********

cowboys19

Reaction score
It's obvious TO likes Tony. Which is a good thing for the next 2 years

cowboyz

Reaction score
if there's one person who needs to give advice on disappointments and screwups, drew bledsoe is your man

Cowchips

Reaction score
cowboyz;1298676 said:
if there's one person who needs to give advice on disappointments and screwups, drew bledsoe is your man

True..but Drew never singlehandedly lost a playoff game. It was always a team effort. Romo pretty much blew this one on his own. That's tough to recover from emotionally.

The game was right there for the taking and Romo handed it to the Seahawks. It's about the worst play a Cowboy player has ever made.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Cowchips;1298723 said:
True..but Drew never singlehandedly lost a playoff game. It was always a team effort. Romo pretty much blew this one on his own. That's tough to recover from emotionally.

The game was right there for the taking and Romo handed it to the Seahawks. It's about the worst play a Cowboy player has ever made.

Allow me to advance the radical theory that our coaches handed this game to the Hawks with their inexplicably asinine playcalling. Why we weren't taking shots at their feeble secondary just baffles me. Put four wides in there and let it rip.

Yes, let's throw a quick-out right on our own goal line to our diminutive WR Terry Glenn.

Romo muffed the hold but BP and Co. muffed the entire game.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1298640 said:
Wow.....T.O. and touching in the same sentence--amazing

I think that many former teammates of TO's wouldn't be surprised by this.

Reaction score
I believe Parcells will honor the remaining year on his contract and after that it's a wrap! I for one will be glad when the 3-4 fiasco is done with...

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Tass;1298852 said:
Allow me to advance the radical theory that our coaches handed this game to the Hawks with their inexplicably asinine playcalling. Why we weren't taking shots at their feeble secondary just baffles me. Put four wides in there and let it rip.

Yes, let's throw a quick-out right on our own goal line to our diminutive WR Terry Glenn.

completly agree Tass, and how did Tanin do this year?

sbark

Reaction score
Tass;1298852 said:

...............Good call
Get a game with a 100+yds rushing, multiple piks by our secondary, and yes we go conservative with the offense..............against a road-kill caliber secondary............

BP back is fine------get some head coaching qualified assistents in here in both categories.......there has gotta be some interest by some top level fellows vrs. going to "dark holes" such as Ariz etc.........

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;1298896 said:
completly agree Tass, and how did Tanin do this year?

Tanin played pretty well...made some plays and two really monster hits. The team didn't win many games but Tanin did his part. Kind of like D Ware in December. lol

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
BlueDemon;1298653 said:
Hello Dave Wannstadt

I honestly wouldnt be surprised

you know Jerry will consult with Jimmy...and Jimmy loves Wanny and thinks he is a great coach

he might not be the #1 guy on the list, but I bet he's ON the list

David

jbz64

Reaction score
Cowchips;1298723 said:

True, Romo did fumble the snap for the chance to take the lead and win the game but Terry Glenn's fumble opened the flood gates. That lead to a safety and the 37 yard TD pass to the TE where they attacked our biggest weakness (#56 & #31) in our pass defense.

So it was a team effort that lead to the defeat but Romo could've overcame all of the mistakes made during the game with a perfect hold for Gramatica to attempt the game winning FG.

Regardless, the coaching staff should have attacked their weakness more often. They were missing their top 4 corners and and Romo went 8 for 9 in the 2nd half (ended up 8-10 with the last pass being the Hail Mary) for 62 yards. Seattle attacked our weakness (#56 & #31) for 2 TD's.

Yeah, T.O. cries too much but he's a big weapon and we didn't use him like we should have especially for this playoff game considering their injuries.

Bottom line Parcells coaches the game not to lose. With the talent we have on offense we need to attack and play to win. The Jimmy Johnson way.

I won't be too disappointed if Parcells leaves because I'm tired of the way all four of his teams have faded in December the last four years. A team is a reflection of their leader and their leader came across as a beaten man for the last 5 weeks. No emotion or confidence. That's the way the team played.

We need a coach who can to get the most out of the talent and have them play with emotion. Did you see New England's defense play today? They were flying around everywhere.

We definitely need to concentrate on improving our O-line and D-line this off season in free-agency and draft the best DE or FS available in the 1st rd. We need to have a better running game and definitely need to apply more pressure on the opposing QB.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Tass;1298938 said:
Tanin played pretty well...made some plays and two really monster hits. The team didn't win many games but Tanin did his part. Kind of like D Ware in December. lol

Cool deal. I got injured again, and when I finally got back I wasn't in the coachs plans, I don't guess. But I did my part, and whatever they asked of me. And we had great year (see sig) exscpecially since the odds were against us. Well glad Tanin did well.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;1298949 said:
Cool deal. I got injured again, and when I finally got back I wasn't in the coachs plans, I don't guess. But I did my part, and whatever they asked of me. And we had great year (see sig) exscpecially since the odds were against us. Well glad Tanin did well.

Man, that sucks that you got hurt again. I hope you're fully recovered, kid.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Tass;1298971 said:
Man, that sucks that you got hurt again. I hope you're fully recovered, kid.

Ha, oh yeah, I'm good. It was a broken jaw. Doctor wouldn't let me play for some time. But that was a while back. Other than living with the fact that I tried a burrito through a blender, I'm good. ha