Most players 25 & under with an 85+ grade this season

Asklesko

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys: number one at being number one in meaningless things

blueblood70

Reaction score
I remember badly wanting Alim McNeill, to the extent that I would have taken him after Barmore was gone. Of course, some of us had been advocating for years fixing the DL. It took McNeill a couple of years to settle in, so maybe Mazi will still prove to be that fix. I didn't consider Mazi a first-round pick, but was hoping Dallas knew something I didn't.
And I still understand how somehow the Jordan Davis at 13th overall is a real first round pick and somehow you think we pick mazo at 27 or 24 wherever it was that's almost in the second round...

they felt he was going to be gone before we picked again in the second round, as the only reason they did that,,, and no one here knows that to be true or untrue because...

you're not a front office professional who has their ear to the ground and knows what's going on and they thought that's the best chance they had at getting him I'm sure they would have loved it get him in the second or third round but they felt other teams were interested enough he wouldn't be there again that's what happens when you pick solo in the draft it is not the same as a high first round pick and Jordan Davis hasn't done match his rookie year either and he looked a lot better this year it takes some time for some players to develop...

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
yup if only the QB would've played better everyone else played a great game!! jesus ....
Dak really should have plugged those holes against the run so much better.
Plus, where was Dak when those GB receivers were running wide open?
And why didn't Dak call a better defensive game?
And why didn't Dak run block better?
And why did Dak barely manage 4.0 yards a carry last year?

Man, our 2nd team all-pro QB SUCKS.

Do you think if Dak was traded that gas prices would go down further and we would have peace in the Middle East?
Probably

Motorola

Reaction score
Yea Goff went to a SB and now he's in a championship game. That ship has sailed.
With two different teams.
Helping his team get an upset later today at Levi's Stadium will somewhat alter how a number of sports media types - and fans across the league - view his career overall.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So you’d take him over Trevor Lawrence and Herbert?
Words in my mouth aside, depends, those guys are young and have high ceilings, so if I'm building a team, I'd probably go with them over Goff. If I felt like I needed someone with a steadier hand to steer a great roster and had done it before, I'd probably take Goff. Either way, I don't feel like I'd be making a bad decision.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Players under contract age 25 and under

1. NT Mazi Smith (22)
2. LG Tyler Smith (22)
3. RB Deuce Vaughn (22)
4. LB DeMarvion Overshown (23)
5. WR Jalen Brooks (23)
6. LB Damone Clark (23)
7. QB Trey Lance (23)
8. RB Hunter Luepke (23)
9. OL Asim Richards (23)
10. S Juanyeh Thomas (23)
11. G T.J. Bass (24)
12. CB DaRon Bland (24)
13. DE Viliami Fehoko (24)
14. TE Peyton Hendershot (24)
15. C/G Brock Hoffman (24)
16. WR CeeDee Lamb (24)
17. S Israel mukuamu (24)
18. DE/LB Micah Parsons (24)
19. WR Jalen Tolbert (24)
20. OT Matt Waletzko (24)
21. DE Sam Williams (24)
22. DE Tyrus Wheat (24)
23. TE John Stephens, Jr. (24)
24. CB Trevon Diggs (25)
25. TE Jake Ferguson (25)
26. DE Chauncey Gholston (25)
27. DT Osa Odighizuwa (25)
28. TE Luke Schoonmaker (25)
29. OL Josh Ball (25)
30. CB Eric Scott, Jr. (25)
31. CB Nahshon Wright (25)
32. WR David Durden (25)

Reserve/Futures Contract

33. WR Jalen Cropper (22)
34. RB Snoop Conner (23)
35. TE Princeton Fant (24)
36. LB Buddy Johnson (24)
37. WR Racey McMath (24)
38. OT Earl Bostick, Jr. (25)
39. RB Malik Davis (25)
40. DE Durell Johnson (25)

Players under contract age 30 and over

1. P Bryan Anger (35)
2. RG Zack Martin (33)
3. DE DeMarcus Lawrence (31)
4. QB Cooper Rush (30)
5. QB Dak Prescott (30)
6. WR Bradin Cooks (30)

Players over 30 scheduled for Free Agency

1. LT Tyron Smith (33)
2. CB Stephon Gilmore (33)
3. ST C.J. Goodwin (33)
4. NT Johnathan Hankins (31)

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And I still understand how somehow the Jordan Davis at 13th overall is a real first round pick and somehow you think we pick mazo at 27 or 24 wherever it was that's almost in the second round...

they felt he was going to be gone before we picked again in the second round, as the only reason they did that,,, and no one here knows that to be true or untrue because...

you're not a front office professional who has their ear to the ground and knows what's going on and they thought that's the best chance they had at getting him I'm sure they would have loved it get him in the second or third round but they felt other teams were interested enough he wouldn't be there again that's what happens when you pick solo in the draft it is not the same as a high first round pick and Jordan Davis hasn't done match his rookie year either and he looked a lot better this year it takes some time for some players to develop...
Didn't say I thought we could get Mazi in the second round, just that I thought he was a second-round value. Jury's out on whether he was a good pick. I didn't expect much of him as a rookie. DL often have trouble transitioning to NFL. Just saying that he would not have been my pick. For what it's worth, I thought LaPorta and Bergeron were second-round talents as well and LaPorta, at least, is looking like he belonged in the first round.

Reactions: CWR

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Players under contract age 25 and under

1. NT Mazi Smith (22)
2. LG Tyler Smith (22)
3. RB Deuce Vaughn (22)
4. LB DeMarvion Overshown (23)
5. WR Jalen Brooks (23)
6. LB Damone Clark (23)
7. QB Trey Lance (23)
8. RB Hunter Luepke (23)
9. OL Asim Richards (23)
10. S Juanyeh Thomas (23)
11. G T.J. Bass (24)
12. CB DaRon Bland (24)
13. DE Viliami Fehoko (24)
14. TE Peyton Hendershot (24)
15. C/G Brock Hoffman (24)
16. WR CeeDee Lamb (24)
17. S Israel mukuamu (24)
18. DE/LB Micah Parsons (24)
19. WR Jalen Tolbert (24)
20. OT Matt Waletzko (24)
21. DE Sam Williams (24)
22. DE Tyrus Wheat (24)
23. TE John Stephens, Jr. (24)
24. CB Trevon Diggs (25)
25. TE Jake Ferguson (25)
26. DE Chauncey Gholston (25)
27. DT Osa Odighizuwa (25)
28. TE Luke Schoonmaker (25)
29. OL Josh Ball (25)
30. CB Eric Scott, Jr. (25)
31. CB Nahshon Wright (25)
32. WR David Durden (25)

Reserve/Futures Contract

33. WR Jalen Cropper (22)
34. RB Snoop Conner (23)
35. TE Princeton Fant (24)
36. LB Buddy Johnson (24)
37. WR Racey McMath (24)
38. OT Earl Bostick, Jr. (25)
39. RB Malik Davis (25)
40. DE Durell Johnson (25)

Players under contract age 30 and over

1. P Bryan Anger (35)
2. RG Zack Martin (33)
3. DE DeMarcus Lawrence (31)
4. QB Cooper Rush (30)
5. QB Dak Prescott (30)
6. WR Bradin Cooks (30)

Players over 30 scheduled for Free Agency

1. LT Tyron Smith (33)
2. CB Stephon Gilmore (33)
3. ST C.J. Goodwin (33)
4. NT Johnathan Hankins (31)
So the Cowboys have a relatively young team. The Packers have a younger team and blew the doors off the Cowboys.

But I'm sure next season will be different. Jerry will tell fans that again in August, and some will still believe it...again.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Yes it's PFF. Still Cowboys are well represented.

GE0Z8D3boAAMSWp
Cool they get a cookie and Gold Star!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Didn't say I thought we could get Mazi in the second round, just that I thought he was a second-round value. Jury's out on whether he was a good pick. I didn't expect much of him as a rookie. DL often have trouble transitioning to NFL. Just saying that he would not have been my pick. For what it's worth, I thought LaPorta and Bergeron were second-round talents as well and LaPorta, at least, is looking like he belonged in the first round.
Well I don't know this for a fact but I'm pretty sure laporta was taken before we picked again in the second round or he would have been our target over schoonmaker so that's a moot point... This draft was a little bit too developmental you know like filling roles instead of starters they won't make that same choice this year I guarantee we're looking for front runners at linebacker running back and then take the best player available but I know people think you can get running backs anywhere I'm looking for a running back second round through fourth round and I want one of the best big backs someone similar to Ezekiel Elliott or Terry cannery we need that on this team and I believe we could use deuce Vaughn and I know people are gonna make fun of me but he could take Tony pollard's actual backup role of what he was doing his first two years under Ezekiel Elliott I think the man is being undervalued because of his size and where he was picked but I watched him in college and he could for sure be your change of pace scat back...

I'm just trying to release some tensions here if the Eagles can take Jordan Davis 13th overall and him take a rookie year very similar it's not a big deal where we chose Smith because it was nearly in the second round... If it doesn't workout it doesn't workout... But I'm gonna give the man some time and also I'm gonna blame Dan Quinn and I wish you would go away if he made him lose weight which I don't think it's as much as people think it is around here the way he utilizes small players we need to get rid of Dan Quinn would be the biggest offseason improvement in my opinion I mean that could also backfire but I think that's a move that needs to be made and different defense or Mike McCarthy needs to go to Dan Quinn and tell him they need to run more traditional defensive schemes mixed in with his schemes but we need bigger linebacker we need to get Smith back on the same page let him gain some weight and strength and we need to get back to some old school football...

I mean I just watched Harbaugh somehow go away from his normal game plans and not use Lamar Jackson's legs they went away from the run game they threw too much I just watch Dan Campbell makes some big mistakes that probably cost his team some games and situational football it happens... But we got our *** kicked because our defense couldn't make any big stops at any point in the game at all we were never making a comeback like the 49ers did and we're gonna do that we need to change our philosophy and schemes up it doesn't have to be a full 180° turn but they definitely need to work more traditional linebackers and the way we utilize Parsons in this defense instead of rolling out nickel and dime so much and not having an answer for a physical team...

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Who is talking about Jared Goff? He's 5-3 in the playoffs. He and Dak aren't even in the same conversation.
Indeed....Goff looked great yesterday, much better that Purdy. Purdy in 2 playoff games has hit receivers right in the hands for easy ints 5 times and all 5 were dropped, in addition to the actual ints. He hasn't looked very good, but he's had a few scrambles and a few good passes for a team that was good enough to still get it done. Goff was in his second NFC championship game. He deserved better.

blueblood70

Reaction score
look we have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball that needs better schemes to get the m,ost out of it ie its more on the coaches to devise better game plans against the better teams. huge issues showed back up with GB, terrible defensive gameplans for aboutnthe 5th time this yera and too conservative O as they did NOT expect that d to give up like 6 Tds UGH!!