Twitter: Most regular season wins by active head coaches (MM 6)

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Did MM never have an all time great QB as a HC? I know in 2017 he went 3-6 with Hundley but that’s all I can think of.

No, but that’s kinda what I’m thinking too. Rodgers and Brees are both elite QBs. Yet everyone says Mike was carried by Rodgers, whereas Peyton is an “offensive genius”.

aria

Reaction score
No, but that’s kinda what I’m thinking too. Rodgers and Brees are both elite QBs. Yet everyone says Mike was carried by Rodgers, whereas Peyton is an “offensive genius”.
Ohhhhh...gotchya. Personally I do think MM was mostly carried by Arod but I also think there’s so much talent on this team, and Dak is definitely good enough, that it would be hard for most coaches to screw it up this year.

Peyton did do well with Bridgewater IIRC but honestly I haven’t watched most Saints or Packers games to give an informed answer. Although I have seen both MM and Peyton make horrible coaching decisions that cost them games, so there’s that I guess.

Edit: I also saw MM almost hand us a playoff win in 2016 by blowing a 4th quarter 14 point lead from getting too conservative with play calling and taking his foot off the gas.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You kinda missed the point.

If McCarthy is stale, then why is Payton heralded as the Offensive Saint
well you have to compare apples to apples ie Offensive scheme vs offensive scheme, not teams wins and losess.. both have benefited from elite QBs and have won a SB , great, however some believe SP does more with less, his uses of up to 3 qbs in one game how they won with a backup qb etc just being creative when needed in how they utilized the RBs in the pass game etc

there are differences, so maybe thats what SP supporters are making a point his offenses are more creative and MM are more straight forward..