Twitter: Most Valuable Dallas Cowboys of the decade per PFF WAR

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol no. Written? Sorry not even close the last 4 years.

feel like he is high in these lists because people like him and think he’s a great guy.
This is based on a set calculation, not a vote where personal bias comes into play

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm afraid we are really going to miss Byron Jones.
This will be one of the interesting things to watch this season. I’m optimistic that the team can overcome the loss without a huge drop off at CB, but it’s certainly an unknown at this point.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Don’t know how Zeke isn’t included in the top five. No way should Byron Jones be ranked ahead of him. A big reason Dak had success as a rookie in 2016 and we were able to win 13 games was due to the great season Zeke had as a rookie. Until the Cowboys lost Zeke in 2017 they were rolling. As soon as he got suspended our season went in the toilet. A big part of Dak’s success has been Zeke.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Byron Jones was more valuable than Zeke the Cowboys would’ve paid him and let Zeke walk. To top it off Byron Jones only had one great season and didn’t have a single pick. There’s several things wrong with that PFF ranking.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Witten is at worst #2.

Ware not on this list, wow.

As mentioned Ware left after the 2013 season and he only had 6 sacks that season. His best seasons were earlier in his career. Plus his last three seasons in Dallas the Cowboys had a losing record and missed the playoffs.

Last edited:

Scotman

Reaction score
This will be one of the interesting things to watch this season. I’m optimistic that the team can overcome the loss without a huge drop off at CB, but it’s certainly an unknown at this point.
No doubt. They did address it. They've created competition at the spot.

Tussinman

Reaction score
WAR is a garbage way to measure value.

LOL at not having your hall of fame Left tackle who literally made 2010s all-decade team

Smith has to be there
Who else did more the last decade
136 games played with enough accolades to get in the hall of fame all in a single decade.

He literally did more than anyone but supposedly the metric they used is based on stats which i'm guessing there pretending they don't have any stats for lineman (even though you could easily measure his pff grade, pressures allowed, sacks allow, run block grade, pro bowls, all-pros, all decade team.....ect)

Last edited:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
That's a good point about Tyron as well. You saw the difference that replacing him with Cam Flemimg made in the Jets game, imagine how many wins above replacement he's added up to over the last decade.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s really sad that this era we’ve only had one HOFamer in Jason Witten.

Championships begin with talent and this era ( 21st Century) hasn’t measured up.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

WAR is typically used for baseball, but takes into account the subject player compared to a baseline(average) player at that position, and then calculates how many additional W's a player added over a span of time. The player and the value of the position are both taken into account.

I really couldn't imagine hating on any of these guys while they were/are here.

Byron Jones!? Did you say Byron Jones!? That Byron Jones? ...WTTF