Moulds traded to Texans

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
I am assuming this will be moved to the NFL Zone...but thought I'd post it here anyway.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2396697

Bills agree to trade Moulds to TexansBy John Clayton
ESPN.com

The Bills and Houston Texans have worked out their trade and informed Eric Moulds that he is going to the Texans.

The timing was perfect because Moulds was already in Houston. He reached an agreement on a four-year, $14 million contract that includes a $5 million signing. Terms of the trade weren't known but it is believed to a second day draft choice, either a fourth- or a fifth round in 2006.

Moulds decided last week that he preferred to go to Houston instead of the Philadelphia Eagles. He worked out a contractual agreement with the Texans and then awaited the trade.

"I knew Andre Johnson and always wanted to play with him," Moulds said Tuesday. "He's an up and coming receiver, and I felt like the team is on a rise. This is a chance to start new, and an opportunity to play close to home where I grew up."

Moulds has been with the Bills for 10 years. With a cap number over $10 million, Moulds declined to restructure his contract. Though the team wanted him to stay, Moulds decided it was time to move on.

"It's very tough because anytime you've been in a place for 10 years, you get set in your ways," Moulds said. "I have to learn a new city. I think being from the South makes it easier. I'm not going to be shocked by the weather, so it makes it an easy transition. It's still tough to leave Buffalo. I have a lot of fans there, but there comes a time when everyone has to move on."

The Texans wanted Moulds to be a veteran presence on their young offensive roster.

"Andre wanted me here, so I made my decision," Moulds said.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Well Bledsoe, will now be able to beat the guy (maybe i'm wrong here but i thuoght i heard this) thaty was talking down on him, in his last years at buffalo

dallasblue05

Reaction score
Moulds is good enough to make a big impact on the texans. The question is wether or not David Carr is good enough to get him the ball. Carr has been one of the bigger dissappointments thus far in his career, and I dont know if he is even starting QB material. He'd be a solid bck-up on any team, but put the weight of the team on his shoulders and he's not good enough to carry.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
not a bad WR pair with Moulds and Johnson, now if they could just get some help with the OL.

Little Jr

Reaction score
dallasblue05 said:
Carr has been one of the bigger dissappointments thus far in his career, and I dont know if he is even starting QB material. He'd be a solid bck-up on any team, but put the weight of the team on his shoulders and he's not good enough to carry.

He's been sacked 208 times in 4 years. Thats an avg of 52 sacks a year. Not to many QB's could produce with them sack #'s. Some were his fault but still that is a lot of sacks. He had a pretty good year in 2004 with a 83 QB rating and was sacked 49 times that year. I think it had more to with the coaching than it had to do with Carr.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Little Jr said:
He's been sacked 208 times in 4 years. Thats an avg of 52 sacks a year. Not to many QB's could produce with them sack #'s. Some were his fault but still that is a lot of sacks. He had a pretty good year in 2004 with a 83 QB rating and was sacked 49 times that year. I think it had more to with the coaching than it had to do with Carr.

I agree. It is hard to judge a guy when he is being sacked 3.5 times a game. I never thought he would be a great QB, but that offensive line is a joke in Houston. It will be a make or break year for him.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Texans acquired Eric Moulds from the Bills in exchange for a 2006 second-day draft pick.
Houston signed Moulds for a reasonable four years and $14 million, including a $5 million signing bonus. It's uncertain whether a fourth or fifth-round pick will change hands. Moulds' 2005 numbers have a good chance to rebound with Gary Kubiak remaking the Houston offense. He will face single coverage playing opposite Andre Johnson for a much-improved pass attack. Apr. 4 - 3:20 pm et
Source: ESPN.com

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Good for us he didn't go to Phily, boy Phily is making the moves this year, heard they got two FAs a new nacho guy who makes large order in 4.3 and a beer guy who can do 30 reps of a 16 oz. cup without a break..........

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
A second day pick for Moulds? Wow, that is a HUGE bargain for the Texans. I would have preferred him over Owens personally.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
THUMPER said:
A second day pick for Moulds? Wow, that is a HUGE bargain for the Texans. I would have preferred him over Owens personally.

That's what I thought when I saw they only sent a second day pick for him. With all that said, taking the potential TO tantrums out of the equation, from a playmaking stand point, TO is still head and shoulders above Moulds. Though, pairing him with Glenn and TO was an interesting thought.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
That's what I thought when I saw they only sent a second day pick for him. With all that said, taking the potential TO tantrums out of the equation, from a playmaking stand point, TO is still head and shoulders above Moulds. Though, pairing him with Glenn and TO was an interesting thought.

No doubt Owens is the more talented of the two by a long shot but Moulds doesn't have the baggage that Owens has, he would also have been cheaper.

I didn't think about getting BOTH of them and I don't think that would have been plausible anyway due to the amount of money we would be putting into one position with all 3 having a significant cap hit but it would sure give us a lot of options on offense. :)